PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Rally

biggyun68
03-02-2015, 12:29 PM
Gorgeous Day and we already have a great turn out!
More and More folks are turning up.
I have met folks from Fort St. John, Kelowna, Salmon Arm, Cawston, Nelson and more....

Sofa King
03-02-2015, 12:33 PM
they did a little mention that it's happening today on global this morning.
kinda surprised that there's still no mention of it on castanet.
maybe some local liberal influence? or is castanet not quite awake yet this morning?

biggyun68
03-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Excellent rally, Excellent speakers, Excellent and respectful crowd!
Even the Victoria Police were impressed!

sammy-j-peppers
03-02-2015, 02:06 PM
http://globalnews.ca/news/1858537/b-c-hunters-gather-to-protest-hunting-allocations-for-foreign-hunters/

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-134130-3-.htm#134130

i want to see some videos!

islander7mm
03-02-2015, 02:47 PM
Thanks Coach and all who worked hard to make this day happen. Great to see so many people out.

RE1960
03-02-2015, 02:59 PM
Was a good day Thanks to all who organized it , and the people who took the time to come to the Island.

coach
03-02-2015, 03:00 PM
Kayjayjess, Kawdy and Spy did a heck of a job organizing! Thanks guys. The day went very smoothly. Great speech by 14 year old Taylen from Powell River!

luckofthedraw
03-02-2015, 03:03 PM
pics when you got em. Thanks to everyone for stepping up. So bummed I had to miss this one.

Brno22F
03-02-2015, 03:07 PM
Hats off and a big double thumbs up to all those who made it to the rally. Thanks for being the voice of all the resident hunters who were unable to be there.

kennyg826
03-02-2015, 03:13 PM
Proud to be a resident hunter. On behalf of my family, I thank each and every one of you!

two-feet
03-02-2015, 03:15 PM
Yes my true appreciation for those that spearheaded this event and to those that made the sacrifice to attend.

two-feet
03-02-2015, 03:18 PM
Any estimates to the numbers for the rally?

kennyg826
03-02-2015, 03:22 PM
Any estimates to the numbers for the rally?

I heard 1000 plus attended

03-02-2015, 03:23 PM
Proud to be a resident hunter. On behalf of my family, I thank each and every one of you!

X2, I could not attend, but am grateful to those who made this happen! Thanks!

Ride Red
03-02-2015, 03:28 PM
Great rally, great speakers and a priceless day with my boys. Thanks to the organizers, it went off without an issue. Wayne, was great talking with you today and thanks for the Timmy's. Makes us proud to be a members of the hunting community.

bearhunter338-06
03-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Hats off to everyone

coach
03-02-2015, 03:43 PM
Hats off to everyone

Thanks, Burke. Your support is appreciated.

Did anyone pvr question period today?

Stone Sheep Steve
03-02-2015, 03:46 PM
Yes. Great job to all the organizers!! Weather gods smiled upon the day again!!

worth getting up at 2am and pulling my daughter out of school.

Great speeches by all who spoke except for one. Wink.

Class act all the way Sean! You represent us well!

Make sure you all record the legislature from today
SSS

Monashee
03-02-2015, 03:52 PM
So did John Horgan speak ?

is is this one issue enough for all hunters to vote NDP ?

emerson
03-02-2015, 03:59 PM
Thanks to all who made the effort to be counted.

coach
03-02-2015, 03:59 PM
So did John Horgan speak ?

is is this one issue enough for all hunters to vote NDP ?

He spoke and he spoke well. It's up to individuals to decide what to do with their vote. It does seems the non-liberal politicians are taking us seriously now. Keep their feet to the fire regardless of which party they represent.

2chodi
03-02-2015, 04:15 PM
Did anyone pvr question period today?

John Horgan asked some pretty specific questions - said that any shift to non-residents is "a non-starter." Thomson had nothing new to say, although Thomson referred to a "shot-gun" relationship between the opposition and resident hunters. Thomson also attacked the NDP on their position on the grizzly bear hunt. Thomson was challenged about foreign ownership and he replied that the NDP must be against business investment.

TARCHER
03-02-2015, 04:22 PM
All who attended please stand and take a bow. Thank you and especially the people who organised the event.

03-02-2015, 04:32 PM
John Horgan asked some pretty specific questions - said that any shift to non-residents is "a non-starter." Thomson had nothing new to say, although Thomson referred to a "shot-gun" relationship between the opposition and resident hunters. Thomson also attacked the NDP on their position on the grizzly bear hunt. Thomson was challenged about foreign ownership and he replied that the NDP must be against business investment.

Was there any indication that Thomson may be willing to re-examine the allocation splits?

btridge
03-02-2015, 04:35 PM
was there any indication that thomson may be willing to re-examine the allocation splits?

no, same old bs

2chodi
03-02-2015, 04:36 PM
Was there any indication that Thomson may be willing to re-examine the allocation splits?

No - he stood firm that facilitated negotiations between GOABC and the BCWF failed so he had to make a decision. He said that he listened and made an adjustment to his original decision and maintains what he came up with is fair to both groups.

srupp
03-02-2015, 04:51 PM
Thank you to all that took the time, made the time stood up and were counted.You all did us proud.
Thank you all.
Steven

kebes
03-02-2015, 05:14 PM
No - he stood firm that facilitated negotiations between GOABC and the BCWF failed so he had to make a decision. He said that he listened and made an adjustment to his original decision and maintains what he came up with is fair to both groups.

So what needs to be done to keep this from getting legislated if the liberals aren't going to listen?

Ride Red
03-02-2015, 05:30 PM
To bad Thomson won 57% of the popular vote, would be fun to recall him.

bridger
03-02-2015, 05:32 PM
So what needs to be done to keep this from getting legislated if the liberals aren't going to listen?

We need to make the public aware that the Goabc is leading the government in a direction that will change the culture of hunting in our province from traditional food gathering to trophy hunting for profit.

Spy
03-02-2015, 05:33 PM
So what needs to be done to keep this from getting legislated if the liberals aren't going to listen?Recalls start now lets not give up until we get what we want! The liberals want to thumb their noses at tax paying British Columbian's, we will recall them one by one! ;-) Thank you for all the Resident Hunters that made it out today, and everyone who helped make this a success, today we made history ;-) Thank you fellow Resident Hunters :-)

Mishka
03-02-2015, 05:45 PM
Thank you all for attending, it's fully appreciated!!

1980skywalker
03-02-2015, 05:47 PM
It was great day for the rally, was proud to be a hunter today and stand together with all who were there. Momentum is building, I am excited to be a part of this we can win this we just have to keep the pedal to the floor. Hopefully once the dust settles we can all keep working together and focus on what is important, our wildlife!

Citori54
03-02-2015, 05:50 PM
A big thank you to all of the organizers. It was well attended for a week day and the crowd showed great respect for all speakers including Scott Ellis. While Thomson says he will not change I think the rally had an impact....we can only hope. I am not an NDP supporter, but I must say the female MLA from the Kootenays did a great job. The fact that she did not grow up as a hunter but married into a hunting family and now enjoys it really resonated. I disagree with some about Horgan though. All of the other speakers stuck to the topic but Horgan went off on a whole host of issues......in my opinion I just felt the other speakers were more genuine and he was just trolling for votes (as most good politicians would).

A big thanks to all of the sponsors as well.

kawdy
03-02-2015, 05:53 PM
It was a resounding success. Great weather, lot's of people from all points of B.C. Thank you all for making the effort to come to this historic event.

Sean did a great job of being the emcee. I think you would give Tony Robbins a run for his money on the motivational speach circuit.

Now what ? I don't know what to do with all my spare time now.

The Dawg
03-02-2015, 05:58 PM
A big thank you to all of the organizers. It was well attended for a week day and the crowd showed great respect for all speakers including Scott Ellis. While Thomson says he will not change I think the rally had an impact....we can only hope. I am not an NDP supporter, but I must say the female MLA from the Kootenays did a great job. The fact that she did not grow up as a hunter but married into a hunting family and now enjoys it really resonated. I disagree with some about Horgan though. All of the other speakers stuck to the topic but Horgan went off on a whole host of issues......in my opinion I just felt the other speakers were more genuine and he was just trolling for votes (as most good politicians would).

A big thanks to all of the sponsors as well.

Katrine Conroy

mcmullmar
03-02-2015, 06:00 PM
Thanks to everyone how was able to attend. Unfortunately I was not able to attend.

r106
03-02-2015, 06:05 PM
thank you to all that went to Victoria today and a big thanks to those that organized this event and made the trip from the interior.

Ry151
03-02-2015, 06:18 PM
Thank you so much to all the people that attended and to all the people that organized the even.

AJWeaver
03-02-2015, 06:22 PM
For those interested, I have made the text of my speech at the rally today available here:

http://www.andrewweavermla.ca/2015/03/02/supporting-resident-hunters/

It was also an honour for me to table the BCWF petition of over 16,000 signatures in the legislature.

Finally, I introduced a private member's bill today:

The proposed changes remove grizzly bears from the list of animals exempt from meat harvesting regulations and ensure that all edible portions of animals harvested in B.C. are taken directly to the hunter’s residence.

For local sustenance hunters – the vast majority of hunters in B.C. – this bill merely echoes what they are already doing; harvesting wild game to bring the meat home to feed themselves and their families. For non-resident trophy hunters coming to B.C. in search of antlers or a hide this poses a larger logistical challenge of exporting large quantities of meat.

bigwhiteys
03-02-2015, 06:32 PM

The proposed changes remove grizzly bears from the list of animals exempt from meat harvesting regulations and ensure that all edible portions of animals harvested in B.C. are taken directly to the hunter’s residence.

For local sustenance hunters – the vast majority of hunters in B.C. – this bill merely echoes what they are already doing; harvesting wild game to bring the meat home to feed themselves and their families. For non-resident trophy hunters coming to B.C. in search of antlers or a hide this poses a larger logistical challenge of exporting large quantities of meat.

I posted this in a different thread... So for contentious species Sheep/Goat/Grizzly and taking the meat home, this will do squat to non-resident sheep and goat hunters who can likely consume the entire animal in a few dinner sittings at a busy outfitters camp. Even if they don't eat it in camp bringing home 100lbs of meat isn't a big deal and that's already happening. This is strictly for the Grizzly Bear. Gain some votes from hunters and Raincoast supporters in one swoop.

For the foreign hunters shooting Moose/Elk we already know many of them end up taking the meat home via freezer trucks or shipping etc... and what isn't is often donated to BC food banks (as per GOABC website I know nothing about the program). If forced to take it home, what percentage of that bc harvested meat will come back here via donation? likely none. But that's not the point..... These hunters will pay additional monies to get their meat home. Money that will go to airlines and foreign owned logistics companies. Not directly $helping$ our wildlife.

Propose a bill that would see every non-resident hunter making a mandatory and large fixed contribution into the resident hunters preservation fund or something that directly benefits our wildlife enhancement/management coffers for the right to hunt here on their guided trip. A tax. Government is really good at that. Really good.

Foxton Gundogs
03-02-2015, 06:40 PM
Recalls start now lets not give up until we get what we want! The liberals want to thumb their noses at tax paying British Columbian's, we will recall them one by one! ;-) Thank you for all the Resident Hunters that made it out today, and everyone who helped make this a success, today we made history ;-) Thank you fellow Resident Hunters :-)

Although everyone would like to see Steve Thomson sent packing with his tail between his legs the cold truth is it is probably not going to happen with a vote margin of6718 over his closest rival and 56.97% of the popular vote. However Surrey Fleetwood MLA Peter Fassbender squeaked in with a mere margin of 265 votes and only 45.64% of the popular vote and North Delta's Scott Hamilton who did not fair much better with a vote margin of only 302 votes and a dismal 44.93% of the popular vote. These two ridings are in a very population dense area making it very easy for canvassers to reach all registered voters and attain the signatures needed, 40% of registered voters. These two are the so called low hanging fruit and the logical first choice to aim recall petitions at.

GoatGuy
03-02-2015, 06:51 PM
in the works bw.

goabc was asked to support research on increasing funding. - no letter of support, no money. Appears t's far too easy to get increased allocation from resident hunters then it is to grow the resource.

time to move on.

Realize you dont need enemies with friends like that.

bigwhiteys
03-02-2015, 06:55 PM
in the works bw.

That's encouraging to hear and something I'd support... But the "bill" brought forth by Dr. Weaver... First step to the end of the Grizzly hunt there.

Trigger95
03-02-2015, 07:11 PM
I sadly was unable to attend, but what an amazing turnout by the looks of it, I stand beside you all, we will not fall now

Brno22F
03-02-2015, 07:28 PM
just watched the Global News report on the rally at the legislature today. The spin they put on the story was just terrible. Thanks to the Raincoast coalition segment of the news piece, the thing that came out strongest was a concept of 2 factions fighting over quota and a use it or lose it situation. They neglected to make the point that the resident hunters are the losers in this.

Wentrot
03-02-2015, 07:30 PM
That's encouraging to hear and something I'd support... But the "bill" brought forth by Dr. Weaver... First step to the end of the Grizzly hunt there.

How so will this be a first step to ending the hunt entirely?

03-02-2015, 07:30 PM
just watched the Global News report on the rally at the legislature today. The spin they put on the story was just terrible. Thanks to the Raincoast coalition segment of the news piece, the thing that came out strongest was a concept of 2 factions fighting over quota and a use it or lose it situation. They neglected to make the point that the resident hunters are the losers in this.

Yep, Global is a total joke. They never fail to capitalize on an opportunity to promote their anti-hunting agenda. The coverage was absolutely horrible.

Ride Red
03-02-2015, 07:34 PM

What a bunch of horse shit that was. We'll keep fighting the good fight as we'll come out on top for doing it the right way. Eventually the chickens will come home to roost.

Rattler
03-02-2015, 07:38 PM
Yep, Global is a total joke. They never fail to capitalize on an opportunity to promote their anti-hunting agenda. The coverage was absolutely horrible.

Completely agree Jon.

scoutlt1
03-02-2015, 07:40 PM

Completely agree!

I've switched from watching the so-called "news" to Alaskan Bush People. At least I can stomach my whitetail steaks for dinner (barely) while watching that channel......not so much after Global's terrible "report"....

Global....brutal.

Ron.C
03-02-2015, 07:48 PM
Not surprised one bit about the news.

But it was a great turnout.

To the following, who I am proud to say I know and who I consider champions for BC hunting rights.

Spy: A huge player and advocate of this issue was making his way around the crowd, shaking hands thanking folks for coming out. Awesome gesture.

Hermit: had his wall tent set up for use and was dressed as a professional to respectfully represent us all inside the Legislature, he also offered his home to some out of towners, and

Kayjayess: who did so much to organise this event, but was unable to be present. Great work Kyle.

To the organisers I don't know and to all guest speakers, thanks for being a voice for all of us.

FirePower
03-02-2015, 08:02 PM
Just returned to the castle from Victoria, it was a lovely day, the turnout was a little disappointing though expected. I hope all who did not participate for what ever reason step up in other ways. I was very shocked to see Scott Ellis afforded the opportunity to use our podium to spew more of his and GOABC's rubbish, he is one of the main reasons we are in this battle for our hunting lives and it was in poor taste and in my opinion only out of respect for the organizers that he was not booed off the stage. I will be interested indeed to see if the GOABC will reciprocate and invite a representative from our ranks to address their convention, of this I am highly skeptical and shan't hold my breath. My heart felt thanks to all who showed support by attending and to the organizers for their fine effort in making it happen.

03-02-2015, 08:05 PM
I was there with many old friends and met and made some new ones

GREAT JOB to Kyle, Kawdy, Coach and the many many that spoke so well, represented us well. Our Fight has only begun, so keep the guns warm and firing every one.

Global does a terrible job at reporting all sides. They used to be my # 1 news ..... I'm done with them.

Now ... WHO MENTIONED RECALL OF MLA'S ..... Lets get er done !

Ellis was rattled getting down off the podium ....... clearly knows he's stealing from the residents of BC ...... Sleep well ..... watch out for them Lazer Beams .... haha

CT

2chodi
03-02-2015, 08:15 PM
Michael Smyth in the Province (http://www.theprovince.com/news/Smyth+Resident+hunters+real+target+favouritism+sho wing+foreigners/10855954/story.html)

bearvalley
03-02-2015, 08:16 PM
It was surprising to see the Raincoast groups stance on the allocation changes regarding each side no longer having to kill their share or lose it to the other user group. It looks like they no longer have to be outfitters.
As to Andrew Weavers proposed Amendment to the Wildlife Act, it shows how clueless he really is on meat issues.
The part about removing the edible portions on a GB is a non issue...if a hunter ( resident or non resident) has to take edible meat either to a place of residence or a meat cutting facility...big deal, if that's what it takes to keep the grizzly hunt for all of us.
The portion of the Amendment requiring non residents to take all of their meat to their personal residence is what will backfire. Wildlife will be the loser.
If the Amendment passes non resident hunters will pay to ship their meat home, they are still going to hunt here.
What he doesn't get is that NO non resident harvested meat goes to waste. Whatever meat does not go home with a non resident hunter is utilized right here in BC. Some meat goes to the food bank, but many northern outfitters have a working relationship with local First Nations, seeing to it that the meat is divided among the band members that need it, in a lot of cases the band elders.
So while Mr Weaver is thinking he is doing a good deed by inconveniencing non resident hunters he is in reality pulling the trigger on another moose, elk or caribou while one is getting shipped out of the country in a box.
JMO

BigfishCanada
03-02-2015, 08:23 PM
Global was pretty bad, lied and made it looked like people didnt care and that most like it what a pile of junk, i guarantee the libs called the news and rainforest prior and arranged

Buck
03-02-2015, 08:23 PM
Michael Smyth in the Province (http://www.theprovince.com/news/Smyth+Resident+hunters+real+target+favouritism+sho wing+foreigners/10855954/story.html)

Well that is much better.We keep moving forward folks it was a pleasure to stand united with you all today.

bigwhiteys
03-02-2015, 08:30 PM
How so will this be a first step to ending the hunt entirely?

That bill is some vote generating propaganda that stinks of Raincoast involvement. Hunters already consume or bring out Sheep and Goat (those contentious species with up to 40%). Those hunters booking Moose/Elk hunts are largely taking some or all of the meat home anyway as has been posted on already or it gets donated. I bet that policy would really put a hamper on european hunters though as that would be pricey to get the meat in edible condition back home.

Our provinces wildlife won't see any benefit from the added financial red-tape of a foreign hunter paying more money to get their meat home. If we're going to make some financial barriers against non-resident hunting the $$$$$ should directly benefit the resource, not an airline or foreign logistics company.

Sorry... I don't think that bill is the answer to anyone's problems. Not really even a good first step. Raincoast is probably excited about the prospect of this gift horse.

randymac
03-02-2015, 08:50 PM
Great day and a good turnout. I am a little pissed tho that after taking a day off work and spending a couple hundred on the boat ride somebody let the GOABC take our stage for even a moment. let them spend their thousands on newspaper adds

40incher
03-02-2015, 08:50 PM
I personally support taking grizzly meat out, and have said this before.

The guides and their apologists will dislike the move of course. I hope they speak out publicly about their opposition to this, exposing their "trophy-only" view of hunting in B.C. Resident hunters can take the high road.

Can't wait to hear the Liberal's spin to defeat the bill!

Lillypuff
03-02-2015, 08:52 PM
Thanks to all who attended and a huge thanks to those who helped organize. I was unable to attend the Victoria rally but I sure felt proud after the Kelowna rally. Be proud for standing up for something you believe in.

Wentrot
03-02-2015, 08:53 PM
That bill is some vote generating propaganda that stinks of Raincoast involvement. Hunters already consume or bring out Sheep and Goat (those contentious species with up to 40%). Those hunters booking Moose/Elk hunts are largely taking some or all of the meat home anyway as has been posted on already or it gets donated. I bet that policy would really put a hamper on european hunters though as that would be pricey to get the meat in edible condition back home.

Our provinces wildlife won't see any benefit from the added financial red-tape of a foreign hunter paying more money to get their meat home. If we're going to make some financial barriers against non-resident hunting the $$$$$ should directly benefit the resource, not an airline or foreign logistics company.

Sorry... I don't think that bill is the answer to anyone's problems. Not really even a good first step. Raincoast is probably excited about the prospect of this gift horse.

Thanks. I was legitimately curious since I am quite ignorant about that issue.

Fosey
03-02-2015, 08:54 PM
Great turnout, really glad I went. We have to continue on our own agenda with letters and rallies. The Gold River Rod and Gun will be donating as much money as we can afford to the BCWF to support our cause. Thanks everyone, we will continue working. Without the Internet this would have never been possible. Keep it up.

AJWeaver
03-02-2015, 09:03 PM
Hey bigwiteys, for the record raincoast are against the bill. Al Martin from BCWF and I were both on terry moore's show on cfax today. Raincoast were calling my bill a sham. Looks to me like I've done something right when extremes on either side of issue aren't happy. Compromise and consensus is what moves us forward.

The Hermit
03-02-2015, 09:03 PM
http://globalnews.ca/news/1858537/b-c-hunters-gather-to-protest-hunting-allocations-for-foreign-hunters/

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-134130-3-.htm#134130

i want to see some videos!

I just posted this on the Castanet piece... LOL

Makeshift tent??? That tent is a thing of beauty, manufactured right here in Sidney BC and sold around the Province to resident hunters to the tune of about $2,000! Tents are just one of the many high ticket items that resident hunters spend our money on ... about $250,000,000.00 each year!

If resident hunting opportunities continue to be eroded by the Liberal government then it follows that BC'ers aren't going to continue hunting and my little business will suffer! Do you think that VantagePoint Outfitters will be able to lobby the Liberals, maybe if I make campaign contributions to the Liberals, I can get a sweet deal too. After all that's what the GOABC just got isn't it??

bigwhiteys
03-02-2015, 09:13 PM
Hey bigwiteys, for the record raincoast are against the bill. Al Martin from BCWF and I were both on terry moore's show on cfax today. Raincoast were calling my bill a sham. Looks to me like I've done something right when extremes on either side of issue aren't happy. Compromise and consensus is what moves us forward.

Raincoast will only be happy when it's a full moratorium on large carnivore hunting. I am far from extreme. My views are more balanced than most. That bill is not our answer. Sorry.

TRIPALM
03-02-2015, 09:16 PM
cant say enough to thank the organizing committee for their efforts great job well organized rally ,great speakers ,glad to be a part of it

TRIPALM
03-02-2015, 09:20 PM
one more thank you to all the out of town supporters for joining us today your added support is appreciated by all resident hunters and families

40incher
03-02-2015, 09:48 PM

Mr. Weaver, thanks for bringing this bill forward ... it will "flush the bear out of the buckwheat" as it were. I personally don't agree with bigwhiteys, but I don't think he's a radical in the context of Raincoast.

We are still somewhat democratic in our political system and, I agree, compromise is always the best option. Unfortunately the Liberals don't understand the concept at this point in time.

Thanks again ... and a big thanks to all the participating hunters and organizers of the rally who have collectively shown us all what democracy in action can look like. Three thumbs up from us proud-to-be-hunters and gatherers.

HarryToolips
03-02-2015, 09:55 PM
Great job everyone who set this up and attended, sounds like it was a success just like our West Kelowna rally..

Whonnock Boy
03-02-2015, 10:17 PM
Great to see a group of dedicated hunters show up. I can't thank the organizers, and participants enough. Great job by Kj, Kawdy, Spy, Hermit, Coach, Dawg, Paulyman (anyone see that sign?), and so many more including the businesses supporting the cause by displaying the the rally posters. I would also like to thank Katrine Conroy, Dan Brooks, Aj Weaver, and John Horgan for speaking at the event.

On a side note regarding the rally. It is really something to be part of a concerted effort to promote change. I can't help but feel emotional, and proud while listening to the speakers. Do yourself a favor, and show up to the next one. You may be surprised at what you get out of it. In addition, seeing old friends, new friends, and making new ones is something you cannot put a price on. Thanks again to everyone. Cheers

Whonnock Boy

Steeleco
03-02-2015, 10:28 PM
Was a very good day. I'd like to thank all that stepped up to make mine and my carpoolers day so much easier. Was beautiful day on the lawn, the very same lawn we we're not to walk on. There wasn't enough room to stay off of it.

We still need to keep our foot on the gas as those pricks ruling the province are still not convinced we mean business!

huntcoop
03-02-2015, 11:09 PM
I would also like to thank the aforementioned crew for all their hard work especially Coach for his MC duties, public speaking is not easy, and Hermit for his wall tent etc.... Was even better speaking a little Wings hockey with FD!

Well done gentleman :smile:

Paulyman
03-02-2015, 11:12 PM
Hey did you guys see Jelvis in the crowd?

tangozulu
03-02-2015, 11:16 PM
BC is a very large province and one that can take days to drive to Victoria if coming from the far reaches. I want to thank everyone who stood up for me today in our capital. Thank you.

benevs
03-02-2015, 11:21 PM
I was there today as well with 3 others from Vancouver. Awesome day to take off work, have a few pints, and stand up for something you believe in. Thank you to everyone who helped set up the rally and take to the podium to speak out to the audience, especially the 14 year old. Good job man, that takes a lot of courage!

just got home and watched the oral question period.... when will thomson and his 'think tank' present real facts and figures and stop twisting every question we throw at them? The opposition was asking some very good questions and we got the usual "balance" and "18 months of extensive investigation." As a resident hunter, our response to this should be a new flurry of emails and letters to reinforce our presence today on the lawn, but politically, what is the next step? when will we start to see progress in the political arena?

Spy
03-02-2015, 11:23 PM
I want to thank everyone for making the trip, it was great to put names to faces. I want to thank Kyle for spearheading this and doing the lions share of the work ! I dont think the protest would have happened without him. Unfortunately he was unable to be there today to share in his own success! Kyle thank you from all of us, we owe you big time :-) Thank you again to all who attended today especially those who made long trips, I hope you all make it home safely! :-)

kawdy
03-02-2015, 11:35 PM
I want to thank Spy for very gently helping me with the coffee :)
Inside Joke !

Spy
03-03-2015, 12:08 AM
Any time buddy so when is that sheep hunt ;-)

BiG Boar
03-03-2015, 12:09 AM
For those interested, I have made the text of my speech at the rally today available here:

http://www.andrewweavermla.ca/2015/03/02/supporting-resident-hunters/

It was also an honour for me to table the BCWF petition of over 16,000 signatures in the legislature.

Bringing out meat that's considered inedible by our government? Brilliant. I will bring it straight to your house. Please reply with your address. What do you plan to do with all this meat?

Spy
03-03-2015, 12:26 AM
Bringing out meat that's considered inedible by our government? Brilliant. I will bring it straight to your house. Please reply with your address. What do you plan to do with all this meat?
I think its a great bill Good job Dr Weaver! Grizzly bear hunt I was on, thats what we did bring out the edible portions, no different to black bears not bad eating. Dont want to bring out the meat than dont shoot it. Thanks Andrew for supporting the Resident hunters today, Its more than some other so called hunters did !

Jagermeister
03-03-2015, 12:36 AM
Yes. Great job to all the organizers!! Weather gods smiled upon the day again!!

worth getting up at 2am and pulling my daughter out of school.

Great speeches by all who spoke except for one. Wink.

Class act all the way Sean! You represent us well!

Make sure you all record the legislature from today
SSS
I turned my back to him when he started to speak.

Jagermeister
03-03-2015, 12:53 AM
I would like to say that although Ms Conroy and Mr Horgan are very articulate speakers. The one gaining more credibility with me is Dan Brooke. His speech was just as impassioned as Ms Conroy's.
Damm, can't get that ferry rumble out of my ears.
It has been a long day, up at 1:30 AM to catch the bus at 3:15 AM.
Signing off now.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Drillbit
03-03-2015, 01:41 AM
Dont want to bring out the meat than dont shoot it.

I shot a wolf the other day. I'm not going to eat it. Shot it to hopefully save a moose (that I would eat).

PM your address, I have the edible portions (the entire wolf) and would gladly send it to anyone that wants to eat wild, BC grown, organic meat.

This idea of eating everything you shoot makes me so pissed off I have to post this thread to maybe get the point across. But it won't. I disagree with having to take grizzly bear meat to a dwelling, I even disagree with having to bring black bear meat home. They are predators that eat OUR food supply. They should be shot and left to rot. If somebody wants or likes to eat them, good for them, but it shouldn't be mandatory. This political correctness is one of the reasons there's no game left in BC.

So back to the rally. Great Job all around.

What do we do next?

rgn5hunt
03-03-2015, 01:51 AM
I shot a wolf the other day. I'm not going to eat it. Shot it to hopefully save a moose (that I would eat).

PM your address, I have the edible portions (the entire wolf) and would gladly send it to anyone that wants to eat wild, BC grown, organic meat.

This idea of eating everything you shoot makes me so pissed off I have to post this thread to maybe get the point across. But it won't. I disagree with having to take grizzly bear meat to a dwelling, I even disagree with having to bring black bear meat home. They are predators that eat OUR food supply. They should be shot and left to rot. If somebody wants or likes to eat them, good for them, but it shouldn't be mandatory. This political correctness is one of the reasons there's no game left in BC.

What do we do next?

Get that wolf ground into a tasty sausage , donate it to the art festival in Vancouver. May be they would like so much they would take up hunting...

ACE
03-03-2015, 03:22 AM
Would like to thank all who attended ....... and all who spoke ........ and a big thanks to the clubs, businesses, and individuals that sponsored the rally ... Thank You!

I believe Ellis & Co. will still be tapping on the 'Servants Entrance' door ...... cash in hand. I believe that the sitting Provincial Government will still be granting yours and my tax dollars, and yours and my hunting opportunities to these 'backdoor bandits' ..... my opinion only. There's an 'air of entitlement' about this whole mess ..... brought to you by the GOABC.

It was good to meet old friends from the mid-island clubs ........

:-D Detroit's looking good! ........... nice to meet you FD :-D ...... GG

Red arch
03-03-2015, 04:59 AM

What do we do next?
Not sure if your being sarcastic, trolling, or leaving bait with that but I'll bite anyway.

I'll be sure to kill sharks, and seals because after all, they are predators after our salmon and as humans we have a right to kill anything that preys on our food.

The Hermit
03-03-2015, 05:39 AM
I personally support taking grizzly meat out, and have said this before.

The guides and their apologists will dislike the move of course. I hope they speak out publicly about their opposition to this, exposing their "trophy-only" view of hunting in B.C. Resident hunters can take the high road.

Can't wait to hear the Liberal's spin to defeat the bill!

Lets be clear about this issue for once and for all!

Residents and non-residents alike are given the social license to hunt by the voting public. 85%+ of the public are strongly against trophy hunting - hunting for sport as in not eating what we kill. Many hunters feel the same way.

The Ministry's policy (driven by their biologists) is that we do not hunt predators solely in order to sustain ungulate populations.

The Government is being inundated with a constant and growing barrage of hand written letters and emails from the anti-hunting crowd demanding they shut down the grizzly hunt. The Coastal First Nations want the grizzly hunt shut down! Last year the Premier came to the GOABC and other stakeholders at the table and told us that unless "we" give them something to argue with in favor of retaining the grizzly hunt that the Government was going to close down the hunt because the issue is fast becoming unmanageable. Frankly the income from grizzly hunting is becoming less important to them than the cost of dealing with all the letters and bad press they are getting.

The GOABC, fully supports changing the regulations to require the edible portions of grizzly meat be removed from the field for consumption! They believe that doing so will remove the "trophy" hunting stigma in the eyes of the public and enable the government to make a logical argument and justification for continuing the hunt. Afterall they now get 40% of the AAH and it is money in their pockets for very little added work and cost.

It is only the BCWF that is standing on principle and blocking the regulation change. They are cutting off our noses to spite our face! So if we lose the grizzly hunt you can blame the BCWF not the GOABC or the anti-hunters, or the NDP, or the Greens on this one!

IMHO it is time to acknowledge that regardless of the scientific in-consequence of removing the meat that our social license comes from the public and that the politicians are eventually going to bow to the public's will and kill the hunt unless we can demonstrate that the meat is going to be consumed. Those of you that argue the "slippery slope" bull shit must still be asleep in the 1980's wake up and smell the coffee and g-bear sausage!

For the record, I told Dr Weaver that I do not support his bill to require non-residents to remove the edible portions of the animals that they kill to their own residents. My rational for not doing so is that so long as the edible portions are removed for consumption that needy BC residents will continue to benefit from hunting and the generosity of guides and any non-resident that chooses to donate the meat here in BC. So for those of you that are whining about having to remove bear meat, and those of you that argue the "slippery slope" bull shit must still be asleep in the 1980's wake up and smell the coffee and g-bear sausage! If you want to continue hunting g-bears you need to get on board because the ship is sailing as we speak!

Foxton Gundogs
03-03-2015, 08:31 AM

Absolutely nothing wrong with G Bear meat I have eaten it many times no different than B bear. It's a great PM bill I support it 100% the non retrieval of meat is the anti's biggest weapon in the G bear hunt

Foxton Gundogs
03-03-2015, 08:35 AM
I turned my back to him when he started to speak.
As did our group, my only knock on the whole rally, other than there not as many there as I would have hoped.

bigwhiteys
03-03-2015, 08:45 AM
Residents and non-residents alike are given the social license to hunt by the voting public. 85%+ of the public are strongly against trophy hunting - hunting for sport as in not eating what we kill. Many hunters feel the same way.

Taking Grizzly Bear meat home to a place of residence or a meat processing facility would be fine if that is the compromise that keeps the hunt. It's the part about non-residents being required to take all the meat home that is silly. If there is going to be a financial barrier to non-resident hunting (and that would be one) it should benefit our wildlife directly. So sure, let's pack out Grizzly Bear meat worms and all.

Regardless of meat retention rules I believe if the NDP or Greens get voted in the Grizzly hunt is done... Political correctness slowly erodes our opportunity too.

Caribou_lou
03-03-2015, 08:49 AM

I seem to to recall you chewing on Coyote a few years back. And your bitching about Grizzly meat??

This is the response we can expect from any outfitter with a Grizzly quota.

Paulyman
03-03-2015, 08:53 AM
A few people here have said it's silly having to take the edible portions of the grizzly out. I for one will take 100% of the meat off your hands. My dog eats absolutely anything.

bigwhiteys
03-03-2015, 08:57 AM
A few people here have said it's silly having to take the edible portions of the grizzly out. I for one will take 100% of the meat off your hands. My dog eats absolutely anything.

My dog loves bears too. I've taken a bit of flack about that though! Some said I wasted the meat, lol. Grind it, boil it, mix in carrots, yams, and wild rice... My dog goes bananas.

Vladimir Poutine
03-03-2015, 09:29 AM
This is my take. Totally proud to be there. So proud of the wifey's comments on GloBull. Lots of youngsters which was great to see. Re Global BC. Typical grade school reporting. The reporter made the statement that "80% of BC residents don't want any of the animals killed." 80% of which group? The fact that the clown from the Raincoast Society was in her report shows that she was fed numbers by him. No basis in fact. Then the Raincoast bozo goes on to say that none of the LEH animals need to be killed, that those that aren't on LEH will take care of the food needs for residents. So annihilate one food species to save others??? Some conservation.

Confused
03-03-2015, 09:54 AM
As did our group, my only knock on the whole rally, other than there not as many there as I would have hoped.

The three news articles I have read said 300 people. Is this close to correct??? Does anyone have a good picture of the rally??

Foxton Gundogs
03-03-2015, 10:00 AM
About 1000 by actual count

Spy
03-03-2015, 10:04 AM
About 1000 by actual count
2nd that at least ! A good showing :-)

Spy
03-03-2015, 10:10 AM

What do we do next?
I dont Know where you got that from I believe they are doing a wolf cull as we speak, Im sure they are not donating the meat to the food bank! Black bear and Grizz taste more or less the same, depends where you hunt them. "What do we do next?" We look to recall our first MLA any suggestions as to who goes first?

huntcoop
03-03-2015, 10:17 AM
The three news articles I have read said 300 people. Is this close to correct??? Does anyone have a good picture of the rally??

Way more than 300 attended, even a few Asian tourists appeared to taking it all in :smile: prolly couldn't understand a word being said but they sure took a lot of pix!

03-03-2015, 10:21 AM
Way more than 300 attended, even a few Asian tourists appeared to taking it all in :smile: prolly couldn't understand a word being said but they sure took a lot of pix!

The Chinese were probably amazed that the tanks hadn't started rolling in yet to break up the demonstration.

Wild one
03-03-2015, 11:40 AM
Remember Global for starters is anti hunting and a good way to play down hunters in this issue is to report lower numbers

Most news reported is done in a fashion to push the political agenda of that station

Liberals want RH to go away on this issue and anti's just want hunting gone. 2 groups right here that need press to be done in a fashion to play down the rally

Whonnock Boy
03-03-2015, 11:44 AM
I forgot one important group of contributors to the cause, and that is all the clubs that donated to help make this possible. Again, if i have forgotten anyone else, my thanks to you as well.

The Dawg
03-03-2015, 12:00 PM
Remember Global for starters is anti hunting and a good way to play down hunters in this issue is to report lower numbers

Most news reported is done in a fashion to push the political agenda of that station

Liberals want RH to go away on this issue and anti's just want hunting gone. 2 groups right here that need press to be done in a fashion to play down the rally

What more than likely happened with the amount of news there, was an attempt at 'scooping' the others.

Meaning one got there, got a quick story, and then flew out to get it to 'print' without staying to see the full numbers

coach
03-03-2015, 12:08 PM
What more than likely happened with the amount of news there, was an attempt at 'scooping' the others.

Meaning one got there, got a quick story, and then flew out to get it to 'print' without staying to see the full numbers

I was asked to do an interview with Global yesterday - but would have been on the Ferry at the time so had to decline. They will interview me via Skype this afternoon. We will see what comes of the article this evening..

luckofthedraw
03-03-2015, 12:29 PM
I was asked to do an interview with Global yesterday - but would have been on the Ferry at the time so had to decline. They will interview me via Skype this afternoon. We will see what comes of the article this evening..

Alright! Great work Coach. Post a link when you can.

6.5x55
03-03-2015, 12:35 PM
Quite the geezer crowd, but as one I was proud to be there not only representing myself but also the folks that couldn't be there. I remember when I was young and couldn't afford to skip a days pay and the damned ferry was definitely out of reach. Hunting was 1 week of pure heaven in the mountains with maybe some meat as a bonus. The speeches were great and the young Conservative leader just nailed it. It was a great day on the Island and a grand daughter visit for a bonus.

Jagermeister
03-03-2015, 12:37 PM
It is not so much the number of people, it is from whence the people came. That's what matters.

Cedar Cowgirl
03-03-2015, 01:02 PM
I dont Know where you got that from I believe they are doing a wolf cull as we speak, Im sure they are not donating the meat to the food bank! Black bear and Grizz taste more or less the same, depends where you hunt them. "What do we do next?" We look to recall our first MLA any suggestions as to who goes first?

This was posted elsewhere and is imo the best option, it is not just pulled out of the air but taken from a family friend who has away more political experience and insight than most of us. I say we get the ball rolling here.

"Although everyone would like to see Steve Thomson sent packing with his tail between his legs the cold truth is it is probably not going to happen with a vote margin of6718 over his closest rival and 56.97% of the popular vote. However Surrey Fleetwood MLA Peter Fassbender squeaked in with a mere margin of 265 votes and only 45.64% of the popular vote and North Delta's Scott Hamilton who did not fair much better with a vote margin of only 302 votes and a dismal 44.93% of the popular vote. These two ridings are in a very population dense area making it very easy for canvassers to reach all registered voters and attain the signatures needed, 40% of registered voters. These two are the so called low hanging fruit and the logical first choice to aim recall petitions at."

Cedar Cowgirl
03-03-2015, 01:11 PM
Quite the geezer crowd, but as one I was proud to be there not only representing myself but also the folks that couldn't be there. I remember when I was young and couldn't afford to skip a days pay and the damned ferry was definitely out of reach. Hunting was 1 week of pure heaven in the mountains with maybe some meat as a bonus. The speeches were great and the young Conservative leader just nailed it. It was a great day on the Island and a grand daughter visit for a bonus.

And it's us "geezers" who really have the least to loose in all this, but are standing for the generations to come, I'm not taking a shot at you for calling us Geezers 6.5 I'm very proud to have survived long enough to have earned that title lol. I would however have liked to see more of those generations represented. Of the 3 car loads we helped put together the only ones to bail were the 20-30 age group.

Jagermeister
03-03-2015, 01:25 PM
http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r496/Leaveoff/Misc%20034_zps5jipe5ir.jpg (http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/Leaveoff/media/Misc%20034_zps5jipe5ir.jpg.html)

Stone Sheep Steve
03-03-2015, 01:27 PM
I forgot my tripod at home but I did manage to video all the speeches. Arms were getting a bit tired .....but it's all about the audio anyhow.

I'll try to upload all the videos.

SSS

Jagermeister
03-03-2015, 01:30 PM
The amalgamated attendees from Chase, Kamloops, Kelowna, Merritt and Salmon Arm.
(Ruttinbuck, the organizer who the rest owe gratitude to on the on the extreme right)

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r496/Leaveoff/Misc%20046_zpsmf9ynf6b.jpg (http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/Leaveoff/media/Misc%20046_zpsmf9ynf6b.jpg.html)

kayjayess
03-03-2015, 01:48 PM
I really wish to thank everyone that participated in the rally. First and foremost I want to thank BC Resident hunters for attending. The fact that we had so many individuals show up is incredible and was the greatest contributing factor in the successful rally. We had people travel several hundreds of miles at great expense to attend. There were people from Prince George, Dawson Creek, a multitude from the interior, Alberta, and like someone pointed out a few from China (although I am not sure that they knew what they were protesting). Two people that went out of there way on the transportation end of things were ruttinbuck and Paulyman. Gentlemen I thank you for your organizational ability to get buses and people on them.

The grassroots support for the rally was tremendous. This rally was made possible by fish and game clubs across this great province coming together and sponsoring this event. Not one corner of this BC failed to contribute at the grassroots levels. We have recognized all of the clubs that have donated that were comfortable with their names being mentioned. There were other clubs that contributed that preferred not to be recognized, as well as a multitude of bc resident hunters. I want to thank each and every one of you for those contributions. The financial support we had for all of this was overwhelming and allowed us to meet our budget demands in full. I want to recognize the Ladysmith Sportsman's Club and President Dave Judson. Volunteering to host this event and manage the finances made it all possible. Thank you Ladysmith.

I personally wish to thank my fellow resident hunters that helped in organizing this event. First and foremost Mike and Mike. Thank you. The amount of work that Spy and Kawdy put in making this event a success is astounding. Often I would get emails from these gentlemen at 3 am and I can't imagine the amount of time either individual put in to making this a success. It was an honor to work with the two of you and let there be no mistake if it weren't for the two of you this rally would not have happened.

There were also a number of individuals that spent countless hours working behind the scenes. Coach has been recognized for his emcee duties, and rightfully so. Having said that, his work as the face of the RH at the rally is only a small piece of what he offered. The successful template of our predecessor rallies in Kelowna and Prince George is what we used to formulate our rally. Both Coach and The Dawg provided direction and support. When we needed help they provided it and they literally spent countless hours planning the rally. We had a team of eight advisers that were consulted on a daily basis. They provided incredible direction and were able to get things rolling along when some of the red tape was getting too thick. You know who you are and I thank you for your time, effort, and leadership in making this rally successful.

Thank you goes out to Island Outiftters and The Stick coffee shop. These are two local businesses that supported us for the rally and are in my opinion a further validation that our fight is the right one in this allocation battle. The Stick is a coffee house in Sooke and west coast fisherman I ask you to stop by on your way to Renfrew for a coffee and to thank David for supporting BC outdoorsmen. This gentlemen is not a hunter, but he believes in being a good corporate citizen and supported our rally. Island Outfitters while providing financial sponsorship to our event also attended the rally supporting our cause. They are resident hunters too. Please keep this in mind when you make your next purchase. Other businesses were approached to sponsor the event and declined. I will support those that support me in the future. Thank you to these two businesses.

I want to thank Dr. Andrew Weaver, Mr. Dan Brooks, Ms. Katrine Conroy, Mr. John Horgan, and Mr. Taylen Trottier for speaking on behalf of resident hunter concerns. The feedback regarding the speeches was tremendous and I appreciate you taking the time to meet with us on this important issue and offer your support. I also wish to thank your staff for their patience and flexibility in working with our committee to ensure you were able to attend.

A plethora of volunteers pitched in on March 2nd and for that I thank you. Tripleseven was an integral part of making the rally successful. He helped out with planning and exploring legal obligations even spending his own money on legal advice, but also was responsible for some of the marketing of the event. He also organized and manned the sound system for the rally. Thank you for your work my friend. Thank you to chango for completing the event poster. This took hours of volunteer work to complete and the poster was second to none. Thank you Joel. I also want to thank Dan Geiger for completing the large banners for the event. This was done all through volunteer work and I can't thank you enough.

There are dozens more individuals behind the scene that worked to make the rally a success. I thank you all for contributing.

Lastly, as has been said before that this allocation battle is a marathon, not a sprint. It won't be won at one rally in Prince George, or Kelowna, or Victoria. It will require continued perseverance by a large number of residents. Yes residents. We need to get our friends and neighbours involved and educated in the threat to our resources. Please continue this battle and work toward keeping wildlife and back country access in the hands of the people. We have too much to lose on this issue and we have to continue to work together to make sure that we can still enjoy our recreational pursuits. Granted we all have different beliefs and priorities but let's stay focused on what's important here and work collectively towards a successful resolution of the allocation policy and wildlife growth in general in BC.

Jagermeister
03-03-2015, 02:38 PM
And least we forget, HuntingBC as the forum that brings us together to advance our voice.

coach
03-03-2015, 02:47 PM
And least we forget, HuntingBC as the forum that brings us together to advance our voice.

That's right.. and HBC got a shameless plug at the beginning of my speech.. :lol:

coach
03-03-2015, 02:50 PM
Everyone should know that this rally would never have taken place if it wasn't for Kayjayjess' massive efforts. On behalf of all resident hunters that will allow me to speak for them, Thank you, Kyle!

The Hermit
03-03-2015, 04:31 PM
Lets be clear about this issue for once and for all!

The Ministry's policy (driven by their biologists) is that we do not hunt predators solely in order to sustain ungulate populations.

The Government is being inundated with a constant and growing barrage of hand written letters and emails from the anti-hunting crowd demanding they shut down the grizzly hunt. The Coastal First Nations want the grizzly hunt shut down! Last year the Premier came to the GOABC and other stakeholders at the table and told us that unless "we" give them something to argue with in favor of retaining the grizzly hunt that the Government was going to close down the hunt because the issue is fast becoming unmanageable. Frankly the income from grizzly hunting is becoming less important to them than the cost of dealing with all the letters and bad press they are getting.

The GOABC, fully supports changing the regulations to require the edible portions of grizzly meat be removed from the field for consumption! They believe that doing so will remove the "trophy" hunting stigma in the eyes of the public and enable the government to make a logical argument and justification for continuing the hunt. Afterall they now get 40% of the AAH and it is money in their pockets for very little added work and cost.

It is only the BCWF that is standing on principle and blocking the regulation change. They are cutting off our noses to spite our face! So if we lose the grizzly hunt you can blame the BCWF not the GOABC or the anti-hunters, or the NDP, or the Greens on this one!

IMHO it is time to acknowledge that regardless of the scientific in-consequence of removing the meat that our social license comes from the public and that the politicians are eventually going to bow to the public's will and kill the hunt unless we can demonstrate that the meat is going to be consumed. Those of you that argue the "slippery slope" bull shit must still be asleep in the 1980's wake up and smell the coffee and g-bear sausage!

For the record, I told Dr Weaver that I do not support his bill to require non-residents to remove the edible portions of the animals that they kill to their own residents. My rational for not doing so is that so long as the edible portions are removed for consumption that needy BC residents will continue to benefit from hunting and the generosity of guides and any non-resident that chooses to donate the meat here in BC. So for those of you that are whining about having to remove bear meat, and those of you that argue the "slippery slope" bull shit must still be asleep in the 1980's wake up and smell the coffee and g-bear sausage! If you want to continue hunting g-bears you need to get on board because the ship is sailing as we speak!

I got a call this morning from one of the BCWF directors who informed me that the BCWF executive has formally changed their position on this issue and now support the regulation change that would require all the edible portions of grizzly meat to be removed to the resident's domoicile! That is the best news I've heard all month!!! EXCELLENT!

Foxton Gundogs
03-03-2015, 04:59 PM
I got a call this morning from one of the BCWF directors who informed me that the BCWF executive has formally changed their position on this issue and now support the regulation change that would require all the edible portions of grizzly meat to be removed to the resident's domoicile! That is the best news I've heard all month!!! EXCELLENT!

That has been their position since Jan.

Seeker
03-03-2015, 04:59 PM
Thanks is not enough to the people who put this all together. Nonetheless, Thanks to all of you. When seeing what went into the rally and the effort it must have required I felt guilty that I did not do more. We are very grateful for all the efforts put forward. Lets not let them forget we are here.

The Dawg
03-03-2015, 05:04 PM

Yup it has....

IronNoggin
03-03-2015, 05:25 PM
Despite having a tooth literally Blow Out the eve before (thus NO Sleep) and continue throughout the following day, I managed to drag myself, my Lady and two Good Buddies down to Victoria for the Rally. Damn Happy I did! Felt rather Good to be standing side by side with so many that went so far out of their way to attend, and were so damn Passionate about the issue at hand!

Many Many THANKS to the Organizers and every else involved. Outstanding to see the outcome!

Only wish a few more had managed to drag their butts down there to stand beside us...

Quite the geezer crowd...

LOL! Might just be getting close to "fitting that label", but gotta admit - Coach appears to be a LOT Younger than I ever imagined! ;)
Great Job MC'ing btw! Impressive!!

On to the next step Folks. The Lieberals AIN'T getting it. Time to Ensure they do!!Let us know how, where and when to get on with it!

Cheers,
Nog

bigdogeh
03-03-2015, 05:38 PM
was proud to be a resident hunter standing among the resident hunters at the legislature also. my thxs also goes out to those who helped organize and donated countless hours to make this protest a success. special thxs to rb and our bus driver for helping facilitating getting my butt and others down there. was really nice to see a mix of young, old, and all those inbetween. this protest affects every generation and every backround wether people realize it or not. this battle really is a "hill to die on."

Foxton Gundogs
03-03-2015, 05:38 PM
Good for you Nog us geezers are tuff if nothing else lmao

Salty
03-03-2015, 08:27 PM
Well I just got home no I didn't get thrown in jail I stayed overnight and had a good visit with family after the rally. :D

I would like to throw a huge shout out to coach for being the front man and MC-ing this thing and it was good to meet you briefly after the rally. You did a fantastic job coach just the right tone, very professional and thoughtful comments and introductions. Hats off to you buddy!

Huge shout out to kayjayess and kawdy who grabbed this idea short weeks ago and planned and organised this event, as coach says they have put in a huge amount of time getting this permitted organised and done. I don't know all the ins and outs of things but I know Spy was a huge part of it as well many thanks to him. Shout out to the Dawg our bone digger! and many others here that have stepped up a little more than they needed to. First class!

I have to admit guys I was a little disappointed. Not that it didn't go off tremendously because it absolutely did but only that we didn't have more people there. I'm afraid the hunting community's worse enemy - apathy kicked in. These guys had us to the final game. We even had the god damned coach there ready to lead us through what I think would have been victory with a huge turn out. I'm not complaining but I feel it needs to be said. Sure people had to work but for all but a very few it would have been possible to get some time off and make this small sacrifice like many of us did.

It is what it is. All it means is it wasn't a slam dunk (maybe no amount of people would have been), the battle is not won yet we just need to put our back in to it and keep going. We have a long road ahead of us they haven't even flinched yet. Although we've got their attention there's no doubt. We need to keep the pressure up. Please everyone that couldn't make it take Cedar Cowgirl's idea and write or call your MLA and or the minister and premier and explain that you couldn't make it but are in full support of the March 2 rally and in full disagreement with the Liberal's Allocation Policy.

I as well would like to sincerely thank in no particular order Dr. Weaver, Mr. Brooks, Ms Conroy and Mr. Horgan for your support on this issue and for speaking at the rally. It really was appreciated to see members from all other parties united on this issue and all taking the stage to speak to it. I'm trying to think of the last time I've seen this I can't recall when it was its very inspiring.

Again huge congratulations for a very successful event and apologies for those that I'm sure I've forgotten to thank.

Yours in conservation;

Dan

The Hermit
03-03-2015, 08:32 PM

I guess I missed the announcement while out of town and otherwise occupied... where was this news made public? Regardless I'm glad... better late than never!

field marshal
03-03-2015, 08:41 PM
My dog loves bears too. I've taken a bit of flack about that though! Some said I wasted the meat, lol. Grind it, boil it, mix in carrots, yams, and wild rice... My dog goes bananas. Carl, my dog eats wild goose every day of the year. I certainly don't feel guilty about sharing the bounty with him he earns every mouthful he eats.As long as the game is utilized who gives 2 shits? I haven't tried your bear dog food recipe yet but will do so this Spring.----Cheers---Field Marshal

bigwhiteys
03-03-2015, 09:32 PM
Carl, my dog eats wild goose every day of the year. I certainly don't feel guilty about sharing the bounty with him he earns every mouthful he eats.As long as the game is utilized who gives 2 shits? I haven't tried your bear dog food recipe yet but will do so this Spring.----Cheers---Field Marshal

Your dog will love it and it's healthier than anything you can buy in a store one average sized bear goes a long way when it's mixed with the veggies. I'm heading out to get a couple more this spring with 2 shiny new hunters who just got C.O.R.E.D and P.A.L'd up and they each want their first black bears.

IronNoggin
03-03-2015, 11:06 PM
LMAO Bear bones I just boil to make sure the dogs not picking up any parasites...like Liberals or GOABC people.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif http://bigshotsbc.ca/images/smilies/Pozitive.gif

Stone Sheep Steve
03-04-2015, 05:36 AM
I forgot my tripod at home but this is more about the audio than anything. I started a bit late and my arms were getting tired toward the end but if you could not be there, it's the next best thing.

I'll post the videos according to speakers.

Sean Richardson-Introduction

http://youtu.be/YFLPJ4dk6Ps

Stone Sheep Steve
03-04-2015, 05:37 AM
Andrew Weaver

http://youtu.be/Hm6GkA45P5o

Stone Sheep Steve
03-04-2015, 05:38 AM
Dan Brooks

http://youtu.be/gqJ1VM4jZ3A

Stone Sheep Steve
03-04-2015, 05:39 AM
Katrine Conroy

http://youtu.be/TOmvXUL9zwg

Stone Sheep Steve
03-04-2015, 05:39 AM
John Horgan

http://youtu.be/mM2QWegn5ZQ

Stone Sheep Steve
03-04-2015, 05:40 AM
Taylen Trottier (please let me now if I spelled his name wrong)

http://youtu.be/HDG_AE8ld_0

Stone Sheep Steve
03-04-2015, 05:42 AM
Sponsorship and thank-you's

http://youtu.be/tJ2AdEnxMkc

I left off one speaker as I didn't want to face a possible lawsuit:-P.

Spy
03-04-2015, 09:55 AM
Thanks SSS Those are priceless :-)

Stone Sheep Steve
03-04-2015, 10:03 AM
Thanks SSS Those are priceless :-)

I was thinking a separate thread might be in order so people don't miss them??

bigdogeh
03-04-2015, 11:17 AM
I was thinking a separate thread might be in order so people don't miss them??

that would probably be a great idea...

and keep bumping them so they are near the top of the page till this matter is closed.
would be good to somehow have these vids sent to the people and organizations that are supporting GOABC so they could see how their organization has affected the residents of BC.

luckofthedraw
03-04-2015, 11:26 AM
Thanks for posting the links.

fozzy
03-05-2015, 02:04 PM
Great rally, great speakers and a priceless day with my boys. Thanks to the organizers, it went off without an issue. Wayne, was great talking with you today and thanks for the Timmy's. Makes us proud to be a members of the hunting community.

It was nice to meet you and your sons, thank you for making the trip over to the island.

A huge thank you to the organizers of the event and to all those who travelled from out of town. Well done all!
My brother in law was there taking some video. He's not a hunter but he is a professional videographer. I'm sure he got some decent footage..

kayjayess
03-05-2015, 02:07 PM
It was nice to meet you and your sons, thank you for making the trip over to the island.

A huge thank you to the organizers of the event and to all those who travelled from out of town. Well done all!
My brother in law was there taking some video. He's not a hunter but he is a professional videographer. I'm sure he got some decent footage..

Fozzy

If he did get some video and could share it would be appreciated. A video was put together of kelowna and we would love to do something similar for Victoria. Feel free to pm me. Thank you

AJWeaver
03-07-2015, 06:58 PM
Hey guys, the text of my private members bill is now available here:

https://www.leg.bc.ca/40th4th/1st_read/m208-1.htm

This Bill amends the Wildlife Act and Wildlife Act General Regulation to ensure that edible portions of animals killed in BC are taken to a person's residence.

Since almost all of the hunters (including grizzly hunters) I talked to do this already, this bill does not affect BC Hunters. It just puts a great big logistical barrier in front of foreign trophy hunters who are now required to take the meat back to their domicile - no more meat laundering. By forcing Grizzlies to be treated just the same as Black Bears are already treated, you bring thousands and thousands of urban environmentalists onto the same side as BC Hunters. Urbanites eat meat. They understand hunting. But they don't understand hunting only for trophies. 95% of hunters believe you should eat what you kill.

The government may not want this act to go through as it would penalize Guide outfitters over BC Resident hunters. Their recent reallocation tweeks were simply not enough, as we all know. If they don't bring the bill forward, I certainly hope they go back to the reallocation numbers that were recommended to the Minister by staff.

My own personally view is that my bill should be enacted and the Wildlife allocation for protected species should be 90-10 for Resident hunters across the board and Guide outfitters must be BC registered and BC entities.