PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Party

The Hermit
04-03-2007, 10:39 PM
I was thinking about having a mini shoot at my place for the any of you guys that care to come over. I live in Victoria beside a decent piece of heavily treed park like property... we could set up everyones targets out back and have some fun one weekend day. To be followed by a few beers and maybe burgers on the grill. Anyone interested?

One Shot
04-03-2007, 11:15 PM
How far can we shoot 200, 300 yds or more? I might bring a .50.:lol:

bochunk2000
04-04-2007, 01:47 AM
Hermit I would be interested. I have a smaller Delta buck I could bring. Let me know when.
Steve.

mapguy
04-04-2007, 07:07 AM
where in victoria are you allowed to have a shoot

ohno
04-04-2007, 07:43 AM
I think he means a Bow/Archery shoot, unless of course I'm mistaken then I'll bring my 300WM :)

Bow Walker
04-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Bill, I only have a bag target, it's a coffee sack stuffed to the gills with discarded shopping bags. Great for field points but no good for b/h's. I'll get it out and bring it along for the fun.

The Hermit
04-04-2007, 09:54 AM
I had to double check to see that I posted this in the ARCHERY forum! LOL Yes I am talking about flingin some arrows, not slinging lead! Funny *******s!

Dan, I figures people would bring their own "bag" targets... nothing fancy just a chance to have some fun.

BowSitter
04-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Depending on when I could be in for some shoot'in. Let us know Hermit and maybe I could be persuaded to kick in a box of burgers!:)

The Hermit
04-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Great. I'm going to see about sending the War Department over to Vancouver to visit with the daughter for a weekend so we can have the house to ourselves!! :-)

Bow Walker
04-04-2007, 05:15 PM
So it might not be B.Y.O.Burger, eh?

Franko Manini
04-05-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm in. I'll bring my foam block.

Bow Walker
04-05-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm in. I'll bring my foam block.
Franko,
Could you bring along your chrono to?

Franko Manini
04-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Franko,
Could you bring along your chrono to?

Gladly. In fact, Hermit and I are heading up to the Malahat Range on Saturday to shoot bows and firesticks. We both have new guns to work on. After we're done at the rifle range, we'll head down to the archery range and shoot a few. I'll have my chrony there all afternoon and you're welcome to join us.

The Hermit
04-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Frank

Slight change to plan... I joined the exec of the club this year adn am volunteering at a two day trap shoot this weekend. I am only comitted for Sat AM so will meet you up there instead of driving up together.

I'll bring my Accu-Sight for the 300 cal and you can set up your WinMag with it if you like. Also have the .308 size so bring that big heavy old battle axe too!

The Hermit
04-06-2007, 03:22 PM
The war department is going up island for a girls golf weekend so... We can have the shoot on Saturday May 5th from 3pm to whenever That should give us a few hours of decent light then dinner and maybe some hunting movies... Jenna Jameson has movies? :smile: J/K

Bring your targets, archery gear, tree stands, any hunting movies you have, and something to drink. (Think ahead and if you are planning on having more than a couple beer or drinks make arrangements for a ride home, bring a sleeping bag, or be prepared to take a cab).

I'll do a salad and fixings, hopefully Ron can make it that day and bring along a box of burgers. If not I'll pick up enough burgers.

Please let me know if you are coming so I can get the appropriate amount of goodies.