PDA

View Full Version : Bino warranty question

Sitkaspruce
04-03-2007, 02:12 PM
I am looking at a great deal on a used (1 yo) pair of EL's 8.5x42 and have several questions. and they are not on ebay.

Is the warranty transferable? Looked on the Swarovski's web site and they talk about registration, but not about transferable.
The person says it has been registered. How do I go about checking before purchase? I can ask him for the serial # and email them, but they might take a couple of days to get back and then it might be to late.
Also how do I know he purchased from a rep. dealer of Swarozski?

Anything else I might be looking for that I have not thought of, let me know.

Cheers

04-03-2007, 04:40 PM
service@kinderman.ca Gary Perry was the fellow l dealt with for my repairs. l have sent my Swarovskis in twice now with out the issue of registration being raised. Infact, l still have the reggie card now that l think of it.
You could email him and run your story by him, he was a good guy to deal with. Can probably supply a ph # if you want and l look hard enough.

bigwhiteys
04-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Hey,

I just delt with Gary Perry at Kinderman for my Swaro 8x32's... I did not buy these glasses personally they were handed down to me by my dad and are over 10 years old.

They never asked for any purchaser info, warranty card or anything... Got the binos back 3 days ago and they look like brand new!

Swarovski is one of the best warranties out there if not THE best.

** Just wanted to add... Swaro took them for warranty work, retrofitted the newer style eyecups, new glass in the tubes, cleaned/polished? the objectives, resealed the tubes and then refilled them with gas (anti-fog & why I originally sent them in) Not only that but they cleaned them up to the point everything looks new and they also refitted new emblems as those were lost in the mountains loong ago. It took about 8 weeks to get them back, I only had to pay to ship to them Gary at Kindermann took care of everything else.

Happy Hunting!
Carl

Stone Sheep Steve
04-04-2007, 05:02 AM
My buddy had a similar experience to BW!8)
Nobody's warrentee compares to Swarovski's!!

SSS

Fisher-Dude
04-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Actually, the BEST warranty is the warranty you never have to use. 8-)

cwocarsten
04-04-2007, 08:51 PM
I have a set of 10X42 Swarovski binos that are the best. As for the warranty I found out that since mine were purchased on ebay, when I needed a new eyepiece I was told that the warranty was void because there were some issues between the US distribitor and Swarovski. They were not an authorized distributor. However I have just sent mine in for a minor repair before hunting season and was told that Swarovski and the US distributor have settled. So I will let you know if I get billed. Now in saying all that I have dealt with both Werner & Gary at Kindermann (Swarovski Canada Distributors and repair center) and I must say that they are excellent to deal with.