PDA

View Full Version : Five failed login attempts?

redwards92
02-26-2015, 12:31 PM
Apparently someone had tried logging into my account last night ?

Got an email saying "Failed login notification" and that someone had attempted to login into my account 5+ times at around midnight last night.

Not really sure who would want to login into my account or why but found it prettty odd.

Also gave me the IP address of whoever was trying to login . . .

Wild one
02-26-2015, 12:38 PM
Spammers trying to access account to spam members.

My old password was weak and the accessed my acount to spam people through PM's

Posted a thread about it

Bushbum40
03-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Yep. I just had the same thing. Googled IP address lookup, typed in the IP, and it turns out it was some guy in china somewhere.

huntcoop
03-24-2015, 03:16 PM
Yup, I just got the email, IP was 88.150.136.178

quaint bucket
03-24-2015, 03:19 PM
same here. i don't know if he got through.

M.Dean
03-24-2015, 05:10 PM
If they can't get past your password, they can't post totally meaningless posts, like most of mine! What I did to be perfectly safe so no one, and I mean No One can post as me is I typed my name in backwards, and if that wasn't fool proof on it's own, I then typed in 1234 after my name, how safe is that, Eh!!! I use 1234 so I don't forget it myself, hell I even got them numbers for my PIN card from the BMO, drivers license, even use them to get into my computer for all my On Line banking! Ain't no way I want to be the weak link some scammer uses to access this site! So, strengthen your Passwords!

ruger#1
03-24-2015, 05:31 PM
If they can't get past your password, they can't post totally meaningless posts, like most of mine! What I did to be perfectly safe so no one, and I mean No One can post as me is I typed my name in backwards, and if that wasn't fool proof on it's own, I then typed in 1234 after my name, how safe is that, Eh!!! I use 1234 so I don't forget it myself, hell I even got them numbers for my PIN card from the BMO, drivers license, even use them to get into my computer for all my On Line banking! Ain't no way I want to be the weak link some scammer uses to access this site! So, strengthen your Passwords!

Ha Ha, you better redo your Pass word.

huntcoop
03-24-2015, 05:51 PM
I thought password was a good password.

ruger#1
03-24-2015, 06:15 PM

Hemorrhoid is a good one, Opps , Now I have to change my password again.

r106
03-24-2015, 06:20 PM

Hahaha . For years that was my password for most sights. But starting about 2 years ago i changed them