PDA

View Full Version : InReach

kawdy
02-25-2015, 02:06 AM
I have a request for the BCWF. As if they are not busy enough at the moment :)

I noticed InReach the company that makes and offers contracts on satellite text communicators is offering the GOABC a 15 % discount on contracts.

InReach obviously thinks that a discount to the GOABC will pay dividends to their bottom line at some point through advertising to clients. Could we as a group of close to 50,000 not effect their bottom line to a greater extent. I personally own a InReach and would appreciate a discount as well. Am I out to lunch here ? or is this something that may be worth pursuing ?

Obviously at a later date when everyones agenda is not so full.

By the way, InReach IMO is a much better product than spot, because it is a two way communicator as opposed two a one way, and you can suspend your service for a nominal fee as well.

Rackmastr
02-25-2015, 07:56 AM
Yep!!! I dont think you're out to lunch and I'd love a 15% discount as well!!

Buck
02-25-2015, 08:03 AM
Me too i have one as well

Paulyman
02-25-2015, 08:45 AM
I own one, would like the same discount as well.

604ksmith
02-25-2015, 12:18 PM
I agree a discount should be available to all hunters if GOABC gets one. However, then they'd be giving a discount to all users as they form large groups of: hunters, fisherman, climbers, hikers, ect... Overall, I don't see this happening. But I guess we could read into that DeLorme has more than a 15% profit margin on service fees and if enough people complain maybe their services will decrease in price.

Also, not to hijack the thread, but would any of you recommend selling a dedicated Garmin GPS and SpotGen3 with the idea that the DeLorme Explorer tethered with an iPhone could do the same job? I always carry an iPhone with me, so I would be really be going from 3 devices down to 2.

fowl language
02-25-2015, 05:54 PM
kawdy, why don,t you form a committee of these guys above and ask for other responses and let us see where this might go. you will have support from a lower level of the bcwf and from there we can put it to the provincial level....dale

albravo2
02-25-2015, 05:59 PM
kawdy,
i'm bcwf and delorme. add me to your list.

Mudzbogger
02-25-2015, 06:09 PM
Supports GOABC, I'm of the opposite mindset.. I'm out.

f350ps
02-25-2015, 08:10 PM
Sounds really simple to me, the GOABC solicits deals with vendors and the BCWF doesn't, good for them! Considering the fact they only have 240 members and get all these deals somebody is on the ball! K

fowl language
02-25-2015, 09:40 PM
I would suggest that you should review your news updates from the bcwf as there is a number of discount and partners that the bcwf has onboard that give discounts. you get a list when you rejoin as well....fowl

Kudu
02-25-2015, 10:37 PM
I would suggest that you should review your news updates from the bcwf as there is a number of discount and partners that the bcwf has onboard that give discounts. you get a list when you rejoin as well....fowl

Is in-reach on that list?

f350ps
02-25-2015, 11:41 PM
Is in-reach on that list?
Hahaha.......Not, and I'll bet WSS isn't either! K

bowmagnum
02-26-2015, 10:09 PM
Sign me up for a discount.

BlacktailStalker
02-27-2015, 10:51 AM
Kuiu and Cabelas etc offer massive discounts to anyone holding an outfitters lic (50%)
It doesn't just end with Inreach

Deaddog
02-28-2015, 06:37 AM
There are a number of company's coming on board with the BCWF. We recently attended the shot show and partnered with a number of company's who wish to support resident hunters The inreach idea is a great one and has been forwarded to the BCWF office for further action to see if they will support 102,000 resident hunters. The tides are turning and company's including Whole Sale Sports have contacted BCWF over the past two weeks in order to establish strong working relationships that will benefit our members.

It was great to see Nechako outdoors lead the way in this, bumper stickers supporting resident hunters, with Nechako outdoors, BCWF and SCWA (spruce city wildlife) logo's will be available at tradex and thru Nechako Outdoors in the next few days.

some of the new opportunities will be on display at tradex as well, hope to see you there!

I have a request for the BCWF. As if they are not busy enough at the moment :)

I noticed InReach the company that makes and offers contracts on satellite text communicators is offering the GOABC a 15 % discount on contracts.

InReach obviously thinks that a discount to the GOABC will pay dividends to their bottom line at some point through advertising to clients. Could we as a group of close to 50,000 not effect their bottom line to a greater extent. I personally own a InReach and would appreciate a discount as well. Am I out to lunch here ? or is this something that may be worth pursuing ?

Obviously at a later date when everyones agenda is not so full.

By the way, InReach IMO is a much better product than spot, because it is a two way communicator as opposed two a one way, and you can suspend your service for a nominal fee as well.