PDA

View Full Version : 3D target cost

Gateholio
04-02-2007, 10:29 PM
What is the average cost of the 3D targets, and how many do you need for an average range?

greybark
04-02-2007, 11:04 PM
:roll: Hey GH , Most 3-d courses consist of 40 targets and prices roughly vary from $50 for a small one to $1100 for a large one . I would guess an average of $300-500 per target . For a full course with a good mixture of animals - $12,000 to $20,000 . Price difference is due to number of costly larger targets involved .
Most clubs use additional targets for novelity shoots but these can be home made and show case the local club or area theme.

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --

Bow Walker
04-03-2007, 08:53 AM
If you're thinking of a range/target walk on your property, why not start out with some bag targets? Both homemade and bought ones?

Get some jute potato or coffee sacks and fill them with plastic bags, rags, old jeans, etc and you've got a cheap target that will last a few years.

The store bought targets seem to range from $60 on up to over $100. These ones last as well.

Sort of like wanting to start a 'house-of-ill-repute' and operating by hand, until you can afford some staff?

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_33_11.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYJOCA)

willyqbc
04-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Basic targets

critter size (coyote etc) $150
deer sized $350-$400
large black bear $400-$500
cariboo $700
Grizz, elk, moose - $1000 - $1200

Prices vary greatly from the different manufacturers, Rhinehearts for instance are very expensive compared to some others but they use the best foam and last the longest IMHO. You can also get different types of foam from the different manufacturers...mackenzie for example, you can pay more and get the "ultrafoam" which is very similiar to what Rhineheart uses. Just gotta shop around for the best bang for your buck!

Chris

Gateholio
04-03-2007, 11:08 AM
Wow, they don't come cheap!!

I dont' want to put one on my property, it's that at every other club neeting someone brings up the topic of getting a #D course going...

I'd liek to see something happen, hopefully the interested parties can put together some sort of plan.8)

willyqbc
04-03-2007, 11:16 AM
if your club is going to lay out the money for targets, whenever possible get the type that come in 3 peices (head, mid-section, hind) reason for this is you can buy replacement midsections for approx $120 for a deer sized target, this will return the target to basically new condition and is much better than repairing a one peice target several times then throwing it away.

Chris

The Hermit
04-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Check oiut Cabelas Archery section. They have their own brand targets and the prices and reviews look good.

interceptor
04-03-2007, 11:48 PM
We have just started using 3D in our young club, we have only been running for five months but have been working on it for over 2 years.

We bought our targets through Cabela's, their set freight costs made all the difference and then some as we are very remote (anything bigger than a standard letter comes by barge unless you pay through the nose for air freight).

I have been involved in archery clubs for a few years now and the most important thing is to make sure that you are getting money back on the targets, the shoot fees must be enough to cover the up keep of the targets otherwise after a few years all your targets are crap and no one knows where the money will come from to buy more. Because of this we put all our shoot fees into a seperate ledger.

We don't allow shooting the 3D targets as a novelty or practice, 20 archers hammering a 3D for an hour sure will take it's toll on any 3D target.

But when it is all said and done they are great fun to shoot.

Cheers Noel