PDA

View Full Version : We need to be respectful in all allocation issues

Ed George
02-20-2015, 06:54 PM
We need to be respectful in our dealings with the politicians. We are loosing political support or even willingness to discuss the issues due to the disrespectful nature of some of our supporters. Bullying does not work for us. My inside source has told me that we are close to being locked out with no friends. This will cause them to close the doors and weather the storm, it will die off eventually. We need to win this, take the high road. Allocations is about tomorrow.

Hunting for Health not Heads

"No Choke"Lord Walsingham
02-20-2015, 07:00 PM
Not only in your dealings with Politicians, but with all others.

Many would benefit greatly from a solid dose of perspective and respect!

I very much appreciate the sentiment of this thread, here here.

rgn5hunt
02-20-2015, 07:14 PM
Where do you draw the line between being respectful and holding the politicians feet to the fire?

Daybreak
02-20-2015, 07:31 PM
You have made a good point JPS.

To my knowledge, and I am involved, the vast majority of participants have been nothing but respectful and will continue to be so. Respect and diplomacy was paramount in West Kelowna and executed to a tee.

Do not let any rumours of bad behaviour weaken our unity.

As the date approach's we must be aware that detractors come in many guises and will use different angles trying to create dis-content and indecision.

Just keep it clean in all correspondence and find your way to Victoria.

Whonnock Boy
02-20-2015, 07:38 PM
They are going to close the door regardless. Yes, I do believe in keeping it respectful, however, they are going to do, what they are going to do regardless of what we do. And yes, this is the political game they play all to detract us from keeping the heat on.

My inside source has told me that we are close to being locked out with no friends. This will cause them to close the doors and weather the storm,

Whonnock Boy
02-20-2015, 07:45 PM
Hell! The door is already closed!! The matter is now closed as far as the Liberal government is concerned.

The Dawg
02-20-2015, 07:47 PM
Just remember that the ones that are most likely stirring things up, are more than likely not on the RH side....and are trying to cast us in a negative light....

Wentrot
02-20-2015, 07:49 PM
We need to be respectful in our dealings with the politicians. We are loosing political support or even willingness to discuss the issues due to the disrespectful nature of some of our supporters. Bullying does not work for us. My inside source has told me that we are close to being locked out with no friends. This will cause them to close the doors and weather the storm, it will die off eventually. We need to win this, take the high road. Allocations is about tomorrow.

What a crock

Lillypuff
02-20-2015, 07:54 PM
They have showed us no respect and sold out their supporters! With this being said you are correct and I for one have not been respective. When I fail to get a response when I take the time to vote, write letters and email my representives and get no response I react. With this being said I for one will tone it down! The only way they will listen is when I vote for someone else next time

adriaticum
02-20-2015, 08:03 PM
They are going to close the door regardless. Yes, I do believe in keeping it respectful, however, they are going to do, what they are going to do regardless of what we do. And yes, this is the political game they play all to detract us from keeping the heat on.

Listen to jack pine savage.

Whonnock Boy
02-20-2015, 08:04 PM
If you say so....

Listen to jack pine savage.

monasheemountainman
02-20-2015, 08:20 PM
He's right this is an age old saying that stays true in almost every situation. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Being dis respectful will do us NO good, that doesn't mean you can't be relentless in your protest.

Mudzbogger
02-20-2015, 08:23 PM
Respect is as much earned as is as much given. In this allocation issue people have come to the table with half truths, misinformation, outright lies. Hell even Minister Thompson in question period can't answer a question truthfully, even though there is legislation to answer his lie for him. How much respect does that show.

JPS if you really have someone's ear in this issue then pass this message along. Resident Hunters are at the table, first meaningful respectful thing they can do is implement the policy agreed upon in 2007.

Whonnock Boy
02-20-2015, 08:26 PM
Sorry man, that is off the table as far as a lot of rh's are concerned. We are way passed the 07 policy.

first meaningful respectful thing they can do is implement the policy agreed upon in 2007.

Mulehahn
02-20-2015, 08:34 PM
Fully agree, we have to be respectful and relentless. But this information about them cutting us out is BS. That is the political process. I drop a letter off at my MLA's every week with emails to him, Christy, and Thomson every week also. With the exception to the first letter I dropped off, and the mass email from Thomson and Christy there has been no response. What happened to the political process. These politicians answer to us, but refuse to give us answers! Combined with GOABC having the gall to complain that the NDP is actually fulfilling there duty as official opposition and asking the Liberals questions, we doors have been shut along time ago. At what point do we take them the hinges?

Daybreak
02-20-2015, 08:46 PM
Fully agree, we have to be respectful and relentless. But this information about them cutting us out is BS. That is the political process. I drop a letter off at my MLA's every week with emails to him, Christy, and Thomson every week also. With the exception to the first letter I dropped off, and the mass email from Thomson and Christy there has been no response. What happened to the political process. These politicians answer to us, but refuse to give us answers! Combined with GOABC having the gall to complain that the NDP is actually fulfilling there duty as official opposition and asking the Liberals questions, we doors have been shut along time ago. At what point do we take them the hinges?

Well said and I understand your frustration. As to your question, the answer remains to be seen. The ball will be placed in their court with the utmost respect.

Squirrelnuts
02-20-2015, 09:00 PM
So we should be kissing the asses of the people that f***ed us. Again. At what point do you admit that that doesn't work? The masses are supposed to get beaten down and "take it" because a collection of elected and corrupted assholes have their feelings hurt.

My MLA hasn't had enough "respect" for me to reply to my letters. Thomson didn't "respect" us enough to actually educate himself on the issues prior to signing off on the GOABC wish list. Why should we fellate these people? They clearly don't give a shit. The only thing that's going to work at this point is exposing their corruption, shaming from the media and the fear of losing seats in the next election.

The high road is a dead end. The government didn't take it so why should we? They're supposed to work for us but THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US.

Gateholio
02-20-2015, 09:02 PM
Nothing wrong with being respectful. Nothing wrong with being firm and relentless, either. They are not mutually exclusive.

SPEYMAN
The disrespect tactic is an old game. Politicians like to throw buzz words and divert attention from the issue. We are gaining attention and this is an attempt to divert it. Stick to your guns, "the facts, just the facts".

I work with an organization that the Government said our slogan was "confrontational" and did nor like us using it. "PROTECTING YOUR RIGHT TO RIDE", we were told that we had no right, it was a privilege.

Apolonius
Truth is they had their chance to make amendments.And the minister comes out with nothing but disrespect.Agreed some of us ,including me wrote them off.But how can you respect a person that talks around and round ,saying nothing?Talking to us like we are little kids?I too was worried that we were burning bridges.But THEY are the ones that circled the wagons and chose to stand by their minister.And the adversary comments from Bill Benett did not help.So it is a two way street.Is not good that we were harsh at times,but when you are treated this way ......there is no loving left.And JPS if they want ,there is still time for them to make their ....first step towards reconciliation.CC should start with a private sorry to right people.And start being premier for all british columbians.

Fisher-Dude
02-20-2015, 09:32 PM
Frankly our position doesn't mean shit to them.

Straight from the horse's mouth (well, from one of his orifices).

When these corrupt politicians are replaced with candidates of our choosing, then the door will reopen. I'm not worried in the least about a veiled threat from some two-bit politician.

Everett
02-20-2015, 09:36 PM
Taking the highroad is what the BCWF is been doing since 2007 and long before and it hasn't worked. Hunters need to get down in the mud because that's were our political masters live only than will they start to take us seriously. Basically we need them to fear us and when we accomplish that than they will throw the GOABC under the bus to save there own skin.

Island Redneck
02-20-2015, 09:38 PM
Was there some reason my post was pulled?

Foxton Gundogs
02-20-2015, 09:43 PM
The liberal govt has not shown resident hunters any respect and you reap what you sew.

Gateholio
02-20-2015, 09:46 PM
Taking the highroad is what the BCWF is been doing since 2007 and long before and it hasn't worked. Hunters need to get down in the mud because that's were our political masters live only than will they start to take us seriously. Basically we need them to fear us and when we accomplish that than they will throw the GOABC under the bus to save there own skin.

The most successful groups- like the NRA and representatives for Gays, black equality and Natives- all share one thing. Politicians fear them.

BC Hunters don't have that yet, but it's coming. I guarantee NOBODY in government expected the reaction they got.

osburn
02-20-2015, 09:54 PM
This is a response I got from MLA Linda Larson

I don’t think any explanation I could give would make you feel any better. I understand this issue has been on the table since 2007. 60 trophy animals have been re-allocated for the entire Province. In our Region it’s 2 moose. No one has emailed me to tell me how it would affect them personally this next hunting season. I will continue to support the Resident Hunters and the BCWF. I am concerned that the high news profile is now stirring up a large group of ‘green’ no hunting people which could damage the good reputation of our hunters.
Linda

Brno22F
02-20-2015, 10:00 PM
The most successful groups- like the NRA and representatives for Gays, black equality and Natives- all share one thing. Politicians fear them.

BC Hunters don't have that yet, but it's coming. I guarantee NOBODY in government expected the reaction they got.

You are spot on in your view Gatehouse. This is the same kind of backlash as the HST issue a few years back. It has infuriated so many residents of this fine province that the politicians have to take notice. The best thing we as resident hunters can do it keep this issue front and center in the public eye until we get even more support from other British Columbians. In the end our aim should be to get what we want with regard to wildlife allocations.
We will get that support from other British Columbians by being truthful, credible and firm in our demands.

Fisher-Dude
02-20-2015, 10:19 PM

I don’t think any explanation I could give would make you feel any better. I understand this issue has been on the table since 2007. 60 trophy animals have been re-allocated for the entire Province. In our Region it’s 2 moose. No one has emailed me to tell me how it would affect them personally this next hunting season. I will continue to support the Resident Hunters and the BCWF. I am concerned that the high news profile is now stirring up a large group of ‘green’ no hunting people which could damage the good reputation of our hunters.
Linda

Linda is feeding you false numbers. Many individual outfitters in region 8 got 2 moose each.

She's trying to shut you up and make you go away.

Paulyman
02-20-2015, 10:25 PM

Linda

Sorry Linda, you are mistaken.

People generally support hunting for food. I had greenpeace come to my door last year looking for donations and I spoke with the two advocates for sometime. I was surprised that when I told them I hunt they were very supportive. The old greenpeace is long gone in their words. They support hunting as it is organic and sustainable and this is the norm even amongst 95% of the Vancouverites I talk to about hunting.

Citori54
02-20-2015, 10:27 PM
Don't forget we want to also get the average non-hunter on our side. Nothing turns people off faster than behaving in a disrespectful manner, screaming, ranting,swearing. It may feel good to vent but you don't just want to win the individual battles, you want to win the war. Be passionate, be forceful but do it in a reasoned and respectful manner.

Everett
02-20-2015, 10:28 PM

Exactly what I was trying to say when BC politicians wake up to reality that pissing on BC hunters shoes equals lost elections and no pension than they will stop screwing with us.

Paulyman
02-20-2015, 10:29 PM
I no that, just posting the reply to show some of the lines they try to feed.

Thanks for posting her response.

Everett
02-20-2015, 10:30 PM
Don't forget we want to also get the average non-hunter on our side. Nothing turns people off faster than behaving in a disrespectful manner, screaming, ranting,swearing. It may feel good to vent but you don't just want to win the individual battles, you want to win the war. Be passionate, be forceful but do it in a reasoned and respectful manner.

The average non hunter is already on our side and us kicking politicians in the ass is only make us more friends.

rgn5hunt
02-20-2015, 10:34 PM
I think that we should be respectful but at the same time point out any bad information to the non hunting public that Scot Ellis is feeding to Christy Clark and down the chain of command. For 1, in GOABC ' s new release they said the single most reason for their industry to suffer hardship was the 2007 W.A.P. . That is a complete load of sludge as we all know they could not sell hunts and were giving hunts away. The global and US economy was the issue. Now we have a low Canadian Buck and Scot and his boys are fixing to make a killing this fall!

FirePower
02-20-2015, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=jack pine savage;1607577]We need to be respectful in our dealings with the politicians. We are loosing political support or even willingness to discuss the issues due to the disrespectful nature of some of our supporters. Bullying does not work for us. My inside source has told me that we are close to being locked out with no friends. This will cause them to close the doors and weather the storm, it will die off eventually. We need to win this, take the high road. Allocations is about tomorrow.
Your "inside source" is more than likely trying to look after their own interests I would wager

40incher
02-20-2015, 11:02 PM

It takes respect to earn respect. Putting up with disrespectful behaviour earns you nothing, except more disrespect.

The guides will try anything to sway us (the real hunters) off the track, because they are losing!! Straight and simple.

The March 2nd Rally will leave no doubt, unless resident hunters start eating their own. I consider a post like this one to be of questionable merits. Fight the good fight ... and don't give the opposition the benefit of the doubt. That's how we got in this whole situation of giving 40% of "our" resource to a bunch of culls ... and you can quote me on that JPS. Quit apologizing! ... and tell your inside source to advise his sources to know when to quit diggin' ... that hole's already deep enough!

The only bullying I see from an identifiable "group" is from the GOABC. So let's stop being apologists and focus on the facts, we have nothing to apologize for and we don't need others to be dragging the anchor behind the boat when we're all rowing like hell!!!

Buck
02-20-2015, 11:14 PM
I think we have been quite civil when you consider the broad range of characters in this debate..It appears that this Government does not have the will to move forward to a much better system that will provide better opportunity for Resident and Non residents as well as wildlife recovery.So at the end of the day we will have to remove them from Government . Things will get really interesting if the Governments goes ahead with the allocation as is.

Sofa King
02-20-2015, 11:24 PM
only thing that needs to be said to them is that they are getting voted out.
any other discussion with a politician is a waste of air.

Ferenc
02-20-2015, 11:28 PM
Sure be respectful as long as the politicians show accountability !!!!!

tuner
02-20-2015, 11:51 PM
Respect is a two way street,no one would argue That a certain decorum is needed when dealing with your adversary. The evasion and deflection as a matter of engagement the government has chosen to take ,is also a form of disrespect. Failure to responde to your constituents correspondence, is disrespectful. Ducking and weaving questions in the legislature is disrespectful. Lying to your electorate is disrespectul.Privatizing public resources without public consultation is disrespectful. Introducing policies that are detrimental to the vast majority for the benefit of a very few,even when YOU knew that it would be overwhelmingly opposed,is by far the most disrespect action anyone has taken so far. For a politicians to be complaining about being disrespected, only shows weakness, getting insulted and abused is part of the job,they need to suck it up. Being thin skinned is not conducive to being a politician.

Sofa King
02-21-2015, 12:18 AM
asking for people to demonstrate but be respectful.
how Canadian.
remember to thank the politicians afterward as well.

GoatGuy
02-21-2015, 04:14 AM

Sounds like another bullying tactic and yet another veiled threat. Expect this approach to continue given the lack of integrity and transparency.

Keep it respectful folks but don't for a second take your foot off the gas pedal. The storm is still more than two years away.

adriaticum
02-21-2015, 05:31 AM
only thing that needs to be said to them is that they are getting voted out.
any other discussion with a politician is a waste of air.

Bottom line.

Down South
02-21-2015, 06:44 AM
What I can't understand, is if we are putting so much pressure on the government, why is it that this issue gets little or no exposure in the news be it paper or tv, is it that we are being shut out of the media

Wild one
02-21-2015, 08:14 AM
Said it a while back be smart about this fight and focus

Like it or not politics is a popularity contest. With out a lot of support hunters can be brushed under the rug

02-21-2015, 09:41 AM
What I can't understand, is if we are putting so much pressure on the government, why is it that this issue gets little or no exposure in the news be it paper or tv, is it that we are being shut out of the media

Why is Greece at this very moment teetering on a financial cliff that will send repercussions through out the global financial community with out hardly a mention in the news? Why is ISIS mentioned in just about every other international story? In one case those in control of the media don't want us knowing, in the other, there is an agenda and its being pushed, possible as a prelude to something else. Our plight as RH fall into that first group, govt is doing all it can to suppress our concerns. While this is new for a lot of us and some have already abandon their efforts, you can be sure those in power have seen this before. The BC govt has always been at odds with one entity or another.......unions, tree huggers, natives, the list is long. Time has taught govt how to minimize the damage from people with legitimate concerns and that is why we are being ignored, lied to, mis-informed, and basically shut out.........govt knows that average attention span of people with a grievance and are trying to ride out the shit storm. What we do have going for us is we have had success with the federal lieberals and C-68.......we know how to get rid of gov't that won't or refuses to reflect the wishes of the people who voted them in. RH tend to have long memories and patience, the fact we are being given the proverbial finger shows there is a concern. We have nothing to loose...its already been taken away from us, while the lieberals and goabc have it all to loose.

bassplayer
02-21-2015, 10:04 AM
I don't see anybody being anymore disrespectful towards the politicians than they have been towards the resident hunters. I find it disrespectful when they can't return our phone calls or answer our emails or letters. Does anybody here really believe for a second that Christy Clark sat down at her desk and read all those letters that she received at the Kelowna rally from the resident hunter? I challenge anybody right now to stand up and tell me that they received a direct reply from her. This isn't about being disrespectful on our part. This is about shutting us up. They thought that this would of just blown over after a couple of weeks or so. They didn't expect this kind of back lash from the resident hunter regarding the recent allocation policy. What? Do you think that this is first time that a government has had the people protesting their decisions? They are used to protests. Protests come with the territory when you are elected. Usually they can smooth it over with a few kind words and a couple of curve balls to shut people up. Except it's not working this time. We've brought down so much heat and uncovered so many lies since this all started that they are starting to feel it. Seriously lol. Thompson can't even answer the questions being asked. He just repeats himself over and over with the same answer. We all seen it on that legislature sitting video.

Cedar Cowgirl
02-21-2015, 10:24 AM
Sounds like another bullying tactic and yet another veiled threat. Expect this approach to continue given the lack of integrity and transparency.

Keep it respectful folks but don't for a second take your foot off the gas pedal. The storm is still more than two years away.
Respect in as much as not being crude or vulgar I totally agree with. But something to remember is we did not fire the opening shot by saying that they ”didn't mean shit to us". We must as GG says put the pedal to the floor. As far as. Trust "fool us once shame on them, fool us twice shame on us"

Ed George
02-21-2015, 10:48 AM
Political protests, rallies, letters to your MLA are all good. Personal threats or even spitting on someone are not. Keep the fight on the high road. I am willing to bet that if one of you was spit on that would be the end of the discussion. Our MLA's are people too, they represent you. If your MLA does not represent you, vote them out at the next election. Have you been to your MLA's office?

The koolaid they are now drinking tells them that this issue is only about 60 animals. The percentages have been lost in the numbers. They asked hunters what it would take to make it go away when they were trying to sell us on it only being 110 animals. Would it go away if the impact was cut in half? The answer was yes. The real issue is the percentages, with the animal populations down a higher percentage is needed to create the numbers of animals. When the populations recover as they have in the past is when our percentages need to be addressed. Higher percentages with a recovered population equates to a winfall for the guide industry and withholds larger numbers from us, the resident hunter.

I have not said back off, I have asked you to be respectful. Keep the throttle down but bullying tactics will lose this for us.

The Dawg
02-21-2015, 11:05 AM
Spit on?

details please

Ambush
02-21-2015, 11:26 AM
Spit on?

details please

Pretty sure it was an accident.

Some radical resident was pointing lasers at a guide and he accidentally hit the other resident that was trying to steal a different guide's truck so he could go burn down yet another guide's cabin. When the laser hit the radical's eyes he spewed the mouthful of shit they were trying to feed him and maybe hit the politician that was there picking up his envelope of cash.

Sofa King
02-21-2015, 11:31 AM

Some radical resident was pointing lasers at a guide and he accidentally hit the other resident that was trying to steal a different guide's truck so he could go burn down yet another guide's cabin. When the laser hit the radical's eyes he spewed the mouthful of shit they were trying to feed him and maybe hit the politician that was there picking up his envelope of cash.

haha.
sounds about right.

Sofa King
02-21-2015, 11:34 AM
definitely don't protest violently.
but being overly-respectful and polite and peaceful is not the answer.
that would show that people aren't TOO upset.
anger about the allocation has to be gotten across.
look at how they viewed the Kelowna rally.
1200 people showed up, but they only received half that many letters to Christy's office.
they skewed that into looking like the people aren't THAT upset/serious.
1200 people should have dropped of 2400 letters.

Vladimir Poutine
02-21-2015, 12:27 PM
While I don't doubt your sincerity JPS, I do have an issue with what you call an "inside source." The response from the GOABC, certain MLAs, and now what I can only characterize as a veiled watch it or else MLA letter re anti hunting groups is suspicious, especially as we get closer to the Victoria event. The timing is simply too coincidental. As some others have said, the Government doesn't respect our position other than to trot out the it's only a few animals tripe. We are the employers of these people in Victoria. It is not the other way around.

This business of respect is a two way street and so far all I see are one way signs. While I would agree that demanding answers respectfully is the proper route, that doesn't mean that we can't call them for misinformation, obfuscation, and avoidance. The tough follow up question is not out of line. Nice guys finish last.

BULLNUTTS
02-21-2015, 02:18 PM
GG has it right.Be respectfull-but keep to the guns.Hold the front lines of at least the truth about things when asked or get chance to reviel it.Soooo very manny out there do not realise the extent to which things have already fallen here in our whole country.Allocation is just one thing,"a camel's straw" if you will.It's hiding so manny other things though too.Focusing our attention to it,but our options are now few.Coruption is ruling the day.Quote's of "sujested"numbers are bizar,ludicris at best and one only has to dig shallow to find proof of such.You dont have to count the animals.Try counting the actual counters we are suposed to have-but dont.Wildlife bioligists, researchers and learned peoples in wildlife management,even just right down to policing with the number of "the now almost extinct" conservation officers!!They are quik to make changes,post laws,ect ect however they fail to anounce that they have removed the police force to enforce the very laws they produce.Respect-We can and should conduct ourselves in a respectful manner,lest we lower ourselves and our quest to thier level.But for A future"s sakes keep those rotten,stinkin,crooked feet to the fire and throw and extra log on it to be sure!!!Now as to having respect? thats a diff story is'nt it? No one could ask or expect a Canadian alive today to have respect for the corupt "Canada is for sale" govt we endure today! They have this whole country on its knees now-what with " were sorry" an all.They been kicking the dog for a good long time now.....I pray that the time for that dogbite comes soon cuz its waaaay overdue,and Canadians regain our footing once and for all on our govt!!
Put a pasty in da oven for me ehh!! BULLNUTTS

40incher
02-21-2015, 02:26 PM

Excellent!!

But what about the other resident that was so busy slashing the Guide's secretary's tires that he\she accidently tripped the politician, blinded by spit, who was running home to post on Facebook about how "he didn't give a shit" ...

Perhaps we should get Eminem to do a rap song about the whole thing?

ACE
02-21-2015, 02:31 PM
Respect ?
Respect for the BC Liberals ?
Respect for the GOABC ?
Respect for Thomson, Ellis, Clark, Bennett ... ?

I will be polite and courteous toward those above.
I have no respect for any of them ...... they have done nothing to 'earn' my respect.

BULLNUTTS
02-21-2015, 02:39 PM
Respect ?
Respect for the BC Liberals ?
Respect for the GOABC ?
Respect for Thomson, Ellis, Clark, Bennett ... ?

I will be polite and courteous toward those above.
I have no respect for any of them ...... they have done nothing to 'earn' my respect.

Sometimes one can only do just that ACE-Express ourselves politly with respect for our cause.BULLNUTTS

Spy
02-21-2015, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=jack pine savage;1607868]Political protests, rallies, letters to your MLA are all good. Personal threats or even spitting on someone are not. Keep the fight on the high road. I am willing to bet that if one of you was spit on that would be the end of the discussion. Our MLA's are people too, they represent you. If your MLA does not represent you, vote them out at the next election. Have you been to your MLA's office?

Show me one instance where any Resident hunter has done what I have highlighted inBLUE for you JPS. You wont find one because both are ILEGAL and resident hunters are not criminals ! All our letters & emails have been respectful & protests peaceful, as will be the protest in Victoria on the 2nd March! Our Poster for the event even states Peacful on it. I dont know who your source is please be more specific as to who you are talking to & who is feeding you the MISIMFORMATION.They are trying everything in their power to get to us & will stoop to low levels never seen before! Just look at the thread the Hermit posted asking if we could send out emails to all HBC members, it was high jacked by NO Choke LORD Poppycock. Know who your friends are in this fight and trust them. We the Resident Hunters will win this peacefully, we have the whole of BC on our sides even the guides & ex guides are on our side now, they see the corruption and dont like it one bit. The GOABC has lost the little support they had & are now sinking, just like the Liberals will in the next election:-)

Paulyman
02-21-2015, 06:31 PM
Your right, we need to be respectful regarding the allocation issues and for our trusted elected officials step up to the plate and start leading by example.

Spy
02-21-2015, 06:34 PM

Show me where we have disrespected & or bullied anyone! Show me the email from your "Inside source" Just to let you know we have the support of all the other politicians Just not the Liberals! They know their gig is up & we are winning this fight by being POLITE, RESPCTFULL & NOT COMFRONTATIONAL!

ACE
02-21-2015, 07:13 PM
Be polite and courteous when dealing with GOABC/BC Liberals ....... you don't have to respect them for what they are trying to do to you and your family.

Be polite and courteous to them ...... like the 'court appointed lawyer' is when he's defending the chronic impaired driver who just mowed down the neighbor's kids.

I do not respect GOABC and its mouthpiece's, nor do I respect the BC Liberal party .... I'll vote accordingly ....

Whonnock Boy
02-21-2015, 08:42 PM
If someone did in fact "spit" on a politician or GOABC member, did he/she get charged with assault?

The Dawg
02-21-2015, 08:48 PM
If someone did in fact "spit" on a politician or GOABC member, did he/she get charged with assault?

Remember the article about the 'lasers' that were used? That had the cops involved apparently.

A spitting incident would involve the Police, CSIS, FBI and perhaps the Military.

Sofa King
02-21-2015, 08:49 PM
so, where's the OP with his responses?
all these claims but nothing to back them up.
and way too convenient that he has an "inside source".
nice try though, OP, trying to "politely" scare the people into cowering at the protest.

Daybreak
02-21-2015, 08:59 PM
This might explain the spitting conundrum. And yes, the link is secure. :grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBz3PqA2Fmc

Spy
02-21-2015, 09:32 PM
nice try though, OP, trying to "politely" scare the people into cowering at the protest.
X2 Just does not add up!One thing about hunters they are not naive & have been fed so much bullshit they can smell it through their computers now ;-)

Spy
02-21-2015, 09:34 PM
This might explain the spitting conundrum. And yes, the link is secure. :grin:

Explains everything perfectly ;-)

40incher
02-21-2015, 10:10 PM
I'm sure there's also a Monty Python episode that fits as well ...

The poor guides, how will they survive in this era of BC resident hunter bullying?? ... let them eat juniper berries I say!!

Foxton Gundogs
02-21-2015, 11:33 PM
A So my question to your source JPS or should I say my question in general would be IF 1 resident hunter did spit on a politician and that makes resident hunters bad, does a politican who tells B.C. voters they "don't mean shit" make politicans. It's a pretty dangerous game to start generalizing like that,

Ed George
02-22-2015, 09:49 AM

You wonder where I am, I do not spend all of my time on my computer. When I return I have to wade through the garbage posted. I did not say that I received an email, I was in a personal meeting and I do not doubt the integrity of my source. I also said nothing about GOABC. I have not tried to scare anyone or use scare tactics, all I asked was to keep it respectful. There was no mention of backing off or stepping back. Do as you see fit.

Ed George
02-22-2015, 10:07 AM
A So my question to your source JPS or should I say my question in general would be IF 1 resident hunter did spit on a politician and that makes resident hunters bad, does a politican who tells B.C. voters they "don't mean shit" make politicans. It's a pretty dangerous game to start generalizing like that,

When somebody identifies themselves as representing the BCWF they better be doing it respectfully. The BCWF does not support bullying tactics or disrespectful actions. The politician you speak about has a history of running his mouth and getting himself into trouble, that is between him, his boss and those that elected him. I will not lower myself to that level. I know that my dealings have been respectful, I believe that yours have been also but some out there have not.

Spy
02-22-2015, 11:12 AM
Jack pine show we ONE instance where resident hunters have spit on or being disrespectful! You keep on throwing that out with no evidence to back it up!
Why even start a thread on this when you lack the evidence and are not willing to say who your source is!

Ed George
02-22-2015, 01:30 PM
Jack pine show we ONE instance where resident hunters have spit on or being disrespectful! You keep on throwing that out with no evidence to back it up!
Why even start a thread on this when you lack the evidence and are not willing to say who your source is!

My source will be discussed with the executive of the BCWF only, inside sources are only of value while confidential. I don't know you, why would I trust you with my source. I have already passed some information to one of the organizers where the incident took place.

Why you feel threatened by a simple request for respect, no more, I don't know.

Now is not the time to back off or take the foot off the throttle. We need to win! Fighting among ourselves only weakens us as a group.

Ambush
02-22-2015, 02:04 PM
Sometimes we just have to take people at their word, with some discernment.

I'm willing to do that with JPS in this instance. I'm convinced he's serving the greater good of the RH in the capacity that is open to him.

No point in discouraging our fellow yoke mates. It's self defeating.

Spy
02-22-2015, 02:09 PM
Sometimes we just have to take people at their word, with some discernment.

I'm willing to do that with JPS in this instance. I'm convinced he's serving the greater good of the RH in the capacity that is open to him.

No point in discouraging our fellow yoke mates. It's self defeating.
X2 Its just frustrating when so much work is being put into making this a success. I hope the incident did not happen, not the right time for that kind of thing.

Ed George
02-22-2015, 02:45 PM
X2 Its just frustrating when so much work is being put into making this a success. I hope the incident did not happen, not the right time for that kind of thing.

Thank you, that is why when it came to my attention that I brought it here.

JPS

fowl language
02-23-2015, 07:58 AM
I will simply add my 2 cents worth and leave it at that .i am aware of whom jack pine savage was talking to about the being spit on and I will tell you that jack pine called me shortly after the meeting to tell me about it. I will confirm his source and what was said to be true. jack pine has a lot of respect and is a stand up guy. as far as what the source said... my feeling is that respect is earned and I do not feel the politicians have earned my respect with all the back door dealings and untruths .i hope this will be the end of this little side tracking and we can get back to the business of getting OUR allocation back. .see you all in Victoria ...dale

J_T
02-23-2015, 09:30 AM
I think there is another important underlying point in this conversation. Jack Pine and other contributors in other threads have attempted to provide guidance and cautious advice toward this current initiative. Calm voices of reason.

It is much easier and more beneficial to thank someone for their contribution no matter how small that contribution, learn from the sage advice of others and consider it or implement the advice as you go forward, than to take up an aggressive position of defence and challenge these calm voices constantly.

I note how many people who used to post regularly are not commenting on HBC, and I see some who post with an alternative perspective seem to get pounced on pretty quick. Whether it's tactics or perspective, not everyone sees things the same. There is risk here that may divide residents. It's important to see that.

FirePower
02-23-2015, 09:31 AM
You wonder where I am, I do not spend all of my time on my computer. When I return I have to wade through the garbage posted. I did not say that I received an email, I was in a personal meeting and I do not doubt the integrity of my source. I also said nothing about GOABC. I have not tried to scare anyone or use scare tactics, all I asked was to keep it respectful. There was no mention of backing off or stepping back. Do as you see fit.

Mr. Savage, I have no doubt about your sincerity, or devotion to our cause. What I will tell you, as someone who has spent many years employed as a numbers cruncher, a good many of them as a paid employee of either government or a political party, is, so called inside sources that feed information do so with one goal in mind, that is, to further their own agenda. They may include tidbits that will be slightly useful to their contact's cause but rest assured sir, it will range from harmless, to counter productive and at crossed purposes to the contact's needs. This instance is a prime example of that treachery. Your Deep Throat has managed to manipulate us into wasting 8 pages and 3 days bickering on this trivial topic, a week short of the most important day of our campaign. We should be at this point, concentrating all our energies on the March second rally in Victoria, not debating a comment that infers one, or at least a small number of us, may not be acting as respectfully as they should.

Fisher-Dude
02-23-2015, 10:07 AM
Mr. Savage, I have no doubt about your sincerity, or devotion to our cause. What I will tell you, as someone who has spent many years employed as a numbers cruncher, a good many of them as a paid employee of either government or a political party, is, so called inside sources that feed information do so with one goal in mind, that is, to further their own agenda. They may include tidbits that will be slightly useful to their contact's cause but rest assured sir, it will range from harmless, to counter productive and at crossed purposes to the contact's needs. This instance is a prime example of that treachery. Your Deep Throat has managed to manipulate us into wasting 8 pages and 3 days bickering on this trivial topic, a week short of the most important day of our campaign. We should be at this point, concentrating all our energies on the March second rally in Victoria, not debating a comment that infers one, or at least a small number of us, may not be acting as respectfully as they should.

Well said.

We were all told that laser beams, stolen trucks, and a spontaneously-igniting cabin happened because of resident hunters, too. Now apparently we lob lugies.

Perhaps the spitting story was inspired by Minister Bill Bennett?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udxRxZe8248

Spy
02-23-2015, 11:52 AM

X2 agree 100% thats exactly as I see it if someone really got spat on it would have ended in assault charges press release ect. One week and 10 min away from the big day lets keep it together.

02-23-2015, 12:02 PM
Just as Jack Pine has said, BE RESPECTFUL every one.

Yes the GOABC and GOVERNMENT Have been called out on the ongoings and greed by many with shallow insight for their neighbors and residents of BC ....... Stand and be heard. GO TO VICTORIA . This ship may take a while to be back to a floating condition, but we the residents will win in the end ...... Be it the end of the Liberals and or the GOABC ...... They will see where they have gone wrong ....... All the GREED

Cedar Cowgirl
02-23-2015, 02:00 PM
Just as Jack Pine has said, BE RESPECTFUL every one.

Yes the GOABC and GOVERNMENT Have been called out on the ongoings and greed by many with shallow insight for their neighbors and residents of BC ....... Stand and be heard. GO TO VICTORIA . This ship may take a while to be back to a floating condition, but we the residents will win in the end ...... Be it the end of the Liberals and or the GOABC ...... They will see where they have gone wrong ....... All the GREED
The whole thing is, even if someone has spat on someone else, it is irrelevant, there is always one or two persons who over react in these types of situations. For the vast majority we have all been respectful so it hits a nerve when we hear an innuendo suggesting we may be tarred with the same brush . The inside information. or misinformation it doesn't really matter, has already had it's effect, it has us question each other and squabbling amongst ourselves. It has good men doubting and turning away from others who have put their heart and souls into this battle. As Fire Power said it has accomplished it's purpose of undermining our ranks. Please people, take it for what it is, turn away from the shadow it is casting on good "soldiers" reunite in the strong force we have been and turn your attentions to the fight at hand.

Spy
02-23-2015, 04:16 PM
The whole thing is, even if someone has spat on someone else, it is irrelevant, there is always one or two persons who over react in these types of situations. For the vast majority we have all been respectful so it hits a nerve when we hear an innuendo suggesting we may be tarred with the same brush . The inside information. or misinformation it doesn't really matter, has already had it's effect, it has us question each other and squabbling amongst ourselves. It has good men doubting and turning away from others who have put their heart and souls into this battle. As Fire Power said it has accomplished it's purpose of undermining our ranks. Please people, take it for what it is, turn away from the shadow it is casting on good "soldiers" reunite in the strong force we have been and turn your attentions to the fight at hand.
Thank you for that Cedar Cowgirl Thank you ! Lets keep it together and be at the Leg on Monday 2nd March for our PEACEFULL protest :-)

biggyun68
02-23-2015, 08:07 PM
Can we please get back to talking about the March 2nd Peaceful and Respectful protest in Victoria. I am taking the day of to go. Who else is in?

Spy
02-23-2015, 09:25 PM
Can we please get back to talking about the March 2nd Peaceful and Respectful protest in Victoria. I am taking the day of to go. Who else is in?
Fantastic thank you very much from the 100 + thousand that wont be able to make it! Hopefully there are more hunters making the effort! :-) See all of you who can there :-)

one-shot-wonder
02-23-2015, 09:33 PM
In....and rocking a full van!

If your a resident hunter and absolutley can't make it, the least you can do is donate to the RHAPF........http://residentpriority.ca/

Liveforthehunt
02-23-2015, 09:37 PM
Amended allocation decision .... has anyone been on you know who's website? I think everyone here is doing a great job for the future of our children and children's children to have a hope for some good hunting in the future as long as we keep it up

Buck
02-24-2015, 12:03 AM
A lot of my non hunting facebook friends are starting to share this allocation issue and ask questions .We will be a force in the next election.Keep forging ahead.