PDA

View Full Version : The words you never want to hear "I was Skunked!"

Mulie_Hunter
11-26-2004, 02:32 PM
Hey I'm back from my november mulie trip and even though we seen 162 deer in the 2 weeks we were gone. I couldn't connect on a 4 point. The rut did little to the deer in the clinton area the bucks were spooky and they wouldn't stay with the does it was strange! there was also a hoard of people who showed up on the remembrance day long weekend. And to top it all off someone stole my chainsaw.

Mark.L

eagleye
11-29-2004, 07:22 PM
Mark; You better take advantage of the few days left and do some hunting in your own Backyard if you haven't already bagged one there. I grew up in Salmon Arm, and there are some great deer areas close by. Still hunt there when I get a chance. Matter of fact I may be down before the season ends to poke around a day or two. Regards, Eagleye.

Mulie_Hunter
11-30-2004, 04:24 PM
I been trying to get out in to the hills around salmon arm but I moved here a little over a year ago and my dad lives in prince george. I live here with my step dad and mom and my step dads a nice guy ,but he's next to impossible to convince to go hunting. Being that I'm 16 I can't go by myself, So I may have no choice but to call it quits for the year

todbartell
11-30-2004, 09:55 PM
I was skunked this year as well. Had a good seven day hunt in Region 3 for mulies, and passed on 7 legal bucks, just nothing that was bigger than what I already have on the wall, and I still have meat from years past. :-o Oh well I still had fun. :-D

Mulie_Hunter
11-30-2004, 09:59 PM
I got a buck in september but I was skunked in november so I can't complain, I guess.