PDA

View Full Version : Ripcord drop away rest. You use one?

BlacktailStalker
04-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Just put one on my Hoyt Cybertec, picked up another half dozen Gold Tip carbons, replaced all my cables, a primos bow sling and ordered a couple spare fiber optic sight pins for my Dead Nuts pro sight. Gettin all dialed in for Sept.1 elk. The sling is ideal, I finally stumbled across it, no more pissin' around with getting snagged or debris caught in my cams, the risk of frayed cables and carrying it around by hand.
Anybody have or use one of these rests? The bow shop pro has nothing but praise for them as well as from what I've researched. I couldn't stand my quicktune 2000, it started stiffening up and was noticeably louder when drawing back.
5 full months to the day, the count down is on !!

mikek blacktail
04-01-2007, 07:09 PM
I have one roger at tyee said it was the best. I have nothing bad to say about it used it on my elk sept 2 06 but if I could go back I'de buy the trophy taker I was going to buy .Good luck getting an elk I'll probably see you up there.

mark
04-01-2007, 08:48 PM
I just bought one yesterday, Havnt tried it yet, its getting mounted on a hoyt turbo-tec. Let ya know this week sometime!

BlacktailStalker
04-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Why the other one Mikek ?

willyqbc
04-01-2007, 10:04 PM
I have used the ripcord, but like mikek i prefer the trophy taker. it is a simpler mechanism and darn near bullet proof, I have seen the ripcord be a little finicky if you don't get the angle of the cord just right but when properly set up they seem pretty dependable. Also, i like the fact that you can have them locked in the up position for stalking. You may want to trim the prongs a little if your bow is a screamer....just for a little added clearance as it drops!!

Chris

mikek blacktail
04-02-2007, 12:13 AM
I hear there one of the most accurate rests on the market which I've witnessed first hand my friend has one,I also read that in a few bow hunting mags. Keep an eye on the ripcords string it wears on the inside of the draw mechanism

Bow Walker
04-02-2007, 10:27 AM
I've tried the Trophy Taker. Rugged design and easy to set up. The only problem that I found was noise from the spot indicated in the pic. This is where it is really tough to silence and still maintain the drop away clearance that is a must.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/TrophyTakerShakeyHunter1.JPG