PDA

View Full Version : Handy Dandy Score Card

The Hermit
04-01-2007, 05:55 PM
A fellow archer here in Victoria that I met at the Vic Fish and Game Club by the name of Lyn sent me a basic 3-D Shoot Score Card.

I've messed around with it and added a number of sheets and calculations. The first sheet can be printed out and used while out on the course to mark your score. This was the beauty of Lyn's original design. Just check off your score on a given target and easily add them up to get your score. Way better than trying to write the number down in the rain!!

When you get home to the computer open you score card, select an event tab (sheet) at the bottom of the workbook, and enter the scores for each target. It will automatically calculate the totals and percentages for you. Then click on the Annual tab, name the Event, and enter the totals for your morning and afternoon, click on the number of competitions and insert the appropriate number... bad-da-bing it will calculate averages over that number of events.

I don't know how to make it autofill the Averages Sheet from the Event Sheets which would make the whole thing really cool... hint... any excel whizzes out there??

You can download your copy from my site at http://www.members.shaw.ca/btozer/Empty%203-D%20Score.xls

Enjoy

greybark
04-01-2007, 07:00 PM
:) Hey Hermit , another great score card is used by the Merritt Club . Best I have seen !!!!

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --

Eagle1
04-01-2007, 09:47 PM
score card looks okay, but there is usually only 20 targets a round and I've been trying for years to get all the clubs here on the island to use the SAME scoring as everywhere else in Canada. BCAA and FCA shoots score one arrow 10,8, 5 if we want a second arrow the score should never be the same as a first arrow, should be, 4, 3, 2 which is what we do at Cowichan Bowmen.Why should a person that hits the target on the first shot have the same score as someone that had to take two shots to hit it, should never be.
The rest of the stuff for keeping track of your avrages is a good idea.
Greybark, send me a pic of what the score cards look like.

oldtimer
04-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Eagle 1 There is only ONE of those second shots allowed for 20 targets so if you don't use it wisely it can cost you. Mike

Bow Walker
04-02-2007, 10:35 AM
:) Hey Hermit , another great score card is used by the Merritt Club . Best I have seen !!!!

Post up Grey! We would like to see it.

greybark
04-02-2007, 11:22 AM
:sad: Sorry BowWalker , I don`t a score card handy . Perhaps someone from Merritt could ???
Firstly their card was a rather stiff paper that made using pen or pencil easy , One card scored the two days four rounds each with the score numbers squared in and each row had a total box . On top of each round was a "mulligan" box , On the front of the card were all of the required Rules and Regulations and list of Sponsers .
Hope this helps a bit .

The Hermit
04-02-2007, 12:21 PM
score card looks okay, but there is usually only 20 targets a round and I've been trying for years to get all the clubs here on the island to use the SAME scoring as everywhere else in Canada. BCAA and FCA shoots score one arrow 10,8, 5 if we want a second arrow the score should never be the same as a first arrow, should be, 4, 3, 2 which is what we do at Cowichan Bowmen.Why should a person that hits the target on the first shot have the same score as someone that had to take two shots to hit it, should never be.
The rest of the stuff for keeping track of your avrages is a good idea.
Greybark, send me a pic of what the score cards look like.

On this score card each target has a place to mark the appropriate score, 10, 8, 5, or 5, 4, or 2 depending if you hit it with the first or second shot. I like that you can just check off the score, add up each column and get a quick total. I've only been to three events and two of those had 25 targets...

Now what I need is to find a smart young programmer that can create a BlackBerry application so the whole double entry thing would be eliminated! 8) That way you just click on the score right at the target and everything else gets calculated as you go!! Anyone up for the challenge??

Of course prolly only us compound and crossbow guys would use it... you old troglodytes would prolly prefer to use an abacus eh? :lol: :tongue: :wink:

Franko Manini
04-02-2007, 02:05 PM
A fellow archer here in Victoria that I met at the Vic Fish and Game Club by the name of Lyn sent me a basic 3-D Shoot Score Card.

I've messed around with it and added a number of sheets and calculations. The first sheet can be printed out and used while out on the course to mark your score. This was the beauty of Lyn's original design. Just check off your score on a given target and easily add them up to get your score. Way better than trying to write the number down in the rain!!

When you get home to the computer open you score card, select an event tab (sheet) at the bottom of the workbook, and enter the scores for each target. It will automatically calculate the totals and percentages for you. Then click on the Annual tab, name the Event, and enter the totals for your morning and afternoon, click on the number of competitions and insert the appropriate number... bad-da-bing it will calculate averages over that number of events.

I don't know how to make it autofill the Averages Sheet from the Event Sheets which would make the whole thing really cool... hint... any excel whizzes out there??

You can download your copy from my site at http://www.members.shaw.ca/btozer/Empty%203-D%20Score.xls

Enjoy

Bill, I can show you haw to get the data from other sheets to populate the annual summary.

Eagle1
04-03-2007, 05:57 AM
Eagle 1 There is only ONE of those second shots allowed for 20 targets so if you don't use it wisely it can cost you. Mike

Not so oldtimer, I've shot a fair share of shoots off this rock, I know what a mullugan is { no one wants one , they want a secound arrow } If you shoot 20 targets and miss all 20 shoots on the first arrow, you will get a secound arrow at all 20 targets.Only on the rock it seems.Thats why I say a second arrow should never be the same value as a first arrow.

Bow Walker
04-03-2007, 08:39 AM
I shot a shoot at Vic. Bowmen last year where they had a Mulligan system. Cost you a dollar for every mulligan you wanted. You had to buy them before going out on the course. The idea seemed to be accepted by the majority of shooters - although it hasn't been repeated to my knowledge.