PDA

View Full Version : NRA,does anyone have a connection

fowl language
02-09-2015, 09:32 AM
in my research I have learnt that the NRA is one of if not the best polical groups in the usa. if any one has a connection there I would like to see if they could give us some guidance as we have a very similar situation here. perhaps if we find a way to talk to someone we should form a committee and get a conference call organized. I volunteer to be on this committee but will not do it alone as I would want someone else to be witness to what was said so it is up front..... the us government is very scared of these guys and they only represent a very small % of the population....dale

44inchStone
02-09-2015, 09:43 AM
I'd like to know if Mr Shockey and Eva on board here. There voices now seem to make a difference all over the globe, especially with some super power organizations. I'm sure they are well aware of this situation and we could sure use the help.

Everett
02-09-2015, 09:54 AM
I'd like to know if Mr Shockey and Eva on board here. There voices now seem to make a difference all over the globe, especially with some super power organizations. I'm sure they are well aware of this situation and we could sure use the help.

Except they play for the other team. Mr Shockey is a very successful Guide Outfitter. Though I don't think he is a member of the GOABC

Paulyman
02-09-2015, 09:58 AM
https://contact.nra.org/contact-us.aspx

Wentrot
02-09-2015, 10:08 AM

Mr shockey has been reached out to MANY times for a while now...he is an enemy

Island Redneck
02-09-2015, 10:31 AM
Mr shockey has been reached out to MANY times for a while now...he is an enemy

What go's around, comes around.

BCWF. sure helped out a resident hunter here, IMO. they backed door'd him on the sheep hunt and now want his help,

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?71295-Special-SHEEP-DRAW-quot-Shockey-quot&highlight=shockey+sheep+draw

Gateholio
02-09-2015, 11:02 AM
The NRA cannot operate outside of the USA. But they apparently have been helpful giving advice. Much has to do with their membership. Canadians are much more passive and apathetic.

Gateholio
02-09-2015, 11:04 AM

BCWF. sure helped out a resident hunter here, IMO. they backed door'd him on the sheep hunt and now want his help,

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?71295-Special-SHEEP-DRAW-quot-Shockey-quot&highlight=shockey+sheep+draw

Shockey shit his own bed. He shoukd have made sure all his ducks were in a row prior to applying for the LEH, or wait until next year.

Island Redneck
02-09-2015, 11:36 AM
Shockey shit his own bed. He shoukd have made sure all his ducks were in a row prior to applying for the LEH, or wait until next year.

Yea, but now they are looking for his help, he's a resident, who's got the shitty bed now?:o

fowl language
02-09-2015, 01:20 PM
island redneck, perhaps I missed something but could you tell who it is that is asking for mr. shockey,s help. given that I started this post ,I was asking for help to a connection to the NRA. I do not even know if mr. shockey is a member of the NRA. that being said could we bring this thread back on track....thx fowl

Island Redneck
02-09-2015, 01:28 PM
island redneck, perhaps I missed something but could you tell who it is that is asking for mr. shockey,s help. given that I started this post ,I was asking for help to a connection to the NRA. I do not even know if mr. shockey is a member of the NRA. that being said could we bring this thread back on track....thx fowl

See post #5

Wentrot
02-09-2015, 01:58 PM
He wasn't asked for help. He was asked a few questions about his views on the matter. If ya got an issue IR it aint with me.

FirePower
02-09-2015, 07:27 PM

A 'resident hunter' who has sold his soul to the "devil" don't you mean? The BCWF is and always has been the voice of B.C. hunters, and it trash them, well I would just consider the source.

Ride Red
02-09-2015, 07:50 PM
I had a great conversation with a couple NRA guys at a show some years back, I'm sure they would be happy to give advise for this cause Dale.

Ride Red
02-09-2015, 07:52 PM
What about the NFA? They are the Canadian equivalent.

Hanrahan
02-09-2015, 07:57 PM
I don't know about the NRA. First off, I have my own issues with them, but more importantly as soon as you mention NRA, most non hunters or non gun owners immediately think "crazy gun happy nutjobs" and close their ears. Being that our fight is to educate the non hunting public and bring them on board, I think being involved with the NRA might do more harm than good.

Ride Red
02-09-2015, 08:04 PM
I don't know about the NRA. First off, I have my own issues with them, but more importantly as soon as you mention NRA, most non hunters or non gun owners immediately think "crazy gun happy nutjobs" and close their ears. Being that our fight is to educate the non hunting public and bring them on board, I think being involved with the NRA might do more harm than good.

I don't buy that one bit, without the NRA the US gun control would be out of hand. Everyone that I've talked to supports them.

Ride Red
02-09-2015, 08:06 PM
And we're not joining up with them, just trying to get advice from a group that has been battling gun control for years.

Hanrahan
02-09-2015, 08:14 PM
You don't have to buy it. Just my opinion. I don't like lobbyist groups no matter what side they're on. And last I checked, this had nothing to do with gun control.

Ride Red
02-09-2015, 10:21 PM
Dale,

Your inbox is full.

two-feet
02-10-2015, 09:21 AM
Are you sure you want to be associated with the NRA? Pro hunting for sure but they have a history of some pretty disgusting comments and support for fringe lunatic groups. I would not be happy to see them as part of our team

fowl language
02-10-2015, 04:37 PM
please reread the original post. I have asked for a connection to them for advice on how to approach gov,t..that all. it was not mentioned anywhere we were going to join them. they have been very successful politically and I would like a little guidance to see if they could help advise us on our cause. .that,s all, full stop....dale

Opinionated Ol Phart
02-10-2015, 04:39 PM
Are you sure you want to be associated with the NRA? Pro hunting for sure but they have a history of some pretty disgusting comments and support for fringe lunatic groups. I would not be happy to see them as part of our team

Thank you two-feet.. I was waiting for someone to post a reality check about the wingnuts in their organization

Gateholio
02-10-2015, 05:23 PM

Dont worry, they wouldn't join our team. BC hunting allocations aren't even close to their mandate.

We we can learn from them though. Every politician in the USA respects them as a force to be reckoned with. If resident hunters had 10% of the respect from our politicians that the NRA does we wouldn't even need to pick this fight.

North Star
03-11-2015, 01:42 AM
Two-feet what comments are you speaking of?

The reason the NRA has so much power in Washington is because of one thing only, their members who vote. Gun owners in the US are passionate about their rights and vote accordingly. The politicians know this and that any antigun law gets them the boot next election.

Bubba123
03-11-2015, 05:21 AM
I am an NRA member. First of all, they have zero mandate to deal with issues beyond their borders.

I am also a member of the NFA and the CSSA. I have a field officer position with the NFA. I am also a hunter, and that is why I am on this forum.

I would like you guys all to know that your gun organizations are fighting hard to keep ridiculous gun controls from getting out of hand in Canada.

The gun orgs represent all gun owners. We don't throw anyone under the bus for the sake of protecting our own, be it target shooters, IPSC/IDPA competition shooters, Cowboy action, Black powder, collectors, hunters, or even the 'lunatic fringe' that like to have black rifles.

I am active in lobbying the politicians in my federal riding, and if there is something that I can do to help, please feel free to PM me.

Ride Red
03-11-2015, 07:00 AM
Bubba123,

Can you PM Fowl language, he has a few questions.