PDA

View Full Version : a liberal mla said

fowl language
02-07-2015, 06:33 PM
a liberal mla told a provincial director of the bcwf that the majority of the mla,s did not receive enough written letters to be concerned about. he has been a supporter of our cause and it cost him. I wonder what happened there.did we screw up or is he not telling the truth....hmmm....fowl

Stone Sheep Steve
02-07-2015, 06:39 PM
Lies. All lies. Christy probably said the same thing.

Ride Red
02-07-2015, 06:39 PM
Lets see if they feel the same way March 2 and let the recalls begin!!!!!!

Stone Sheep Steve
02-07-2015, 06:47 PM
Name the MLA, Dale. People have copies of the letters sent and that should shed some light on the truth. They may define 'not enough' much differently than most people.

SSS

Apolonius
02-07-2015, 06:52 PM
Could be,he is covering all bases????Just thinking....

Grumpa Joe
02-07-2015, 06:53 PM
Now, by written letters is he excluding emails? Is there the possibility or likelihood that letters in envelopes were simply put into the "circular file" or "File 13"? Hard to believe that with the ongoing furor on here for close to 2 months that any MLA wouldn't receive a substantial number of correspondence unless the letters were ditched or the emails categorized as Spam.

Whonnock Boy
02-07-2015, 06:56 PM
That's a tough one fowl. On one hand, I sometimes second guess the participation of the resident hunter, on the other, I don't trust a damn thing any of the politicians are saying, even told my MLA that.

Regardless, the word is getting out, and more letters will be flowing. Just last night, out of the blue I received a phone call from fellow resident hunter. He got my number off of a co-worker who he was chatting with. I guess they had seen a deer on the job, which lead them to talking about hunting, and the allocation policy. He had not heard much about it, but was very interested with what has been going on. My co-worker told him he needs to call me, as I have been talking about it often at work. After speaking with him, I sent him a few links that will get him started, and let him know that I am here to answer any, and all questions. Goes to show, we should be talking about this to anyone, and everyone that will listen.

Oh, and he says he knows at least 20 hunters, including family members, and employees, none of which know too much about it. Even said he would give his guys the day off paid to come out to Victoria. Bonus! I will keep him posted....

Stone Sheep Steve
02-07-2015, 07:01 PM
Just remember Larry Pynne said the same thing. Pure un-adulterated BS.

gerrygoat
02-07-2015, 07:07 PM
I have sent 3 emails to Steve Thompson and 2 to Christy Clark and emailed Robin Austin and I'm sure many others have as well. I don't believe it.

Daybreak
02-07-2015, 07:07 PM
That's a tough one fowl. On one hand, I sometimes second guess the participation of the resident hunter, on the other, I don't trust a damn thing any of the politicians are saying, even told my MLA that.

Regardless, the word is getting out, and more letters will be flowing. Just last night, out of the blue I received a phone call from fellow resident hunter. He got my number off of a co-worker who he was chatting with. I guess they had seen a deer on the job, which lead them to talking about hunting, and the allocation policy. He had not heard much about it, but was very interested with what has been going on. My co-worker told him he needs to call me, as I have been talking about it often at work. After speaking with him, I sent him a few links that will get him started, and let him know that I am here to answer any, and all questions. Goes to show, we should be talking about this to anyone, and everyone that will listen.

Oh, and he says he knows at least 20 hunters, including family members, and employees, none of which know too much about it. Even said he would give his guys the day off paid to come out to Victoria. Bonus! I will keep him posted....

This kind of action will definitely make a world of difference. Exponential growth in numbers. Tide is turning for sure.

bigdogeh
02-07-2015, 07:12 PM
i've lost all faith in the lieberals. you know they're trying for damage control right now bigtime. i'm sick of their lies, corruption, and manipulating scheming. it'll be nice to see their sorry asses kicked out after the election. the mla's representing my area aren't worth a .... you fill in the blank.

Buck
02-07-2015, 07:20 PM
Face book is our friend.Many of my facebook friends and acquaintances do not hunt or know anything about it and i am getting a lot of likes..Pretty sure an old friend knows Christy pretty well so i am strategically letting stuff out.

keoke
02-07-2015, 07:23 PM
I emailed every single liberal mla and only one response that my letter was at least read.

LYKTOHUNT
02-07-2015, 07:51 PM
I have sent 3 emails to Steve Thompson and 2 to Christy Clark and emailed Robin Austin and I'm sure many others have as well. I don't believe it.
I have sent an email to my MLA Coralee Oakes ( which might as well be MIA) and Christy but have not got a response from either one, how long is it reasonable to expect to hear a an answer back

02-07-2015, 08:24 PM
Any thing I have sent to the Premier ........ States ...... Thanks for your concern, it has been forwarded to Minister Thomson ........ Hand written letters, e mails the calls , e mails and letters to Coleman state he will respond after talking to Thomson, others, no response . Letters, e mails to Thomson, thanks for your concern ......

LISTEN UP LIBERALS ....... CONCERN ALRIGHT. CHOOSE YOUR PATH, 102,000 votes for you or at this point ......AGAINST ....... NEED I SAY MORE.

GET BACK TO The TABLE AND ADDRESS THE MANY OTHER CONCERNS, OTHER THEN YOUR 60 Animals.
The GO's have brought the ATTENTION ON THEMSELVES ... AND YOU THE ELECTED GOVERNMENT .... NOW THE PUBLIC SEE YOU ALL FOR WHAT YOU ARE ......... WHERE IS YOUR TRANSPARENCY

TO START WITH GO BACK TO THE OLD 2007 agreement ....... Start from there. The RESIDENTS ARE NOT HAPPY WITH YOU ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES ....... BRING THIS MORE IN LINE TO ACCEPTABLE STANDARDS ........ YOUR MISTAKES HAVE BEEN EXPOSED ........ NEED THE PUBLIC SEE MORE ?

CHOOSE YOUR PATH ........ right now nearly 102,000 votes will be cast against YOU !

Whonnock Boy
02-07-2015, 08:38 PM
Imo we are not happy with the 2007 policy CT. We are not happy with the current one either. The masses imo, including myself, feel that a 90/10 split is fair for all parties. Our numbers are growing, aboriginal numbers are growing. The only constant in the bunch is the go's. Tell me why our opportunity should forever be diminishing, while go's remain the same? That is more of rhetorical question, as I am just trying to make a point.

TO START WITH GO BACK TO THE OLD 2007 agreement ....... Start from there.

fowl language
02-07-2015, 08:41 PM
please keep in mind ,by the next election if the current rate of core grads keep up we should have about 135,000 hunters .please include this in your writings. .what was discussed to day was how to engage the general public. I am looking for ideas as I have had a number of great ideas presented to me this week by members on ,so all ideas are welcome....dale

REMINGTON JIM
02-07-2015, 08:53 PM
The problem is Everyone - They - the Goverment does not give a PHUCK what you or i think ! :cry: they are going to do what ever they thing is right for them - NOT us - we need a real UPRISING of some Sort to get this Issue addressed ! :shock: JMO RJ

f350ps
02-07-2015, 09:10 PM
a liberal mla told a provincial director of the bcwf that the majority of the mla,s did not receive enough written letters to be concerned about. he has been a supporter of our cause and it cost him. I wonder what happened there.did we screw up or is he not telling the truth....hmmm....fowl
I guess the question is, how many letters is not enough? If this certain MLA received 500 letters that's a minuscule number in the whole scheme of things! K

Foxton Gundogs
02-08-2015, 10:22 AM
There are busses in the works from various locations, the Gov't had the audacity to say the did not get enough letters to make this an issue. Lets show them 5000 at the legislature and see what they have to say about that. If you were on the fence before about attending this protest your decision should be clear now. We must make our numbers known. We must attack with everything we have. We must show them "RESIDENT HUNTERS WILL NOT BE DENIED"

eric
02-08-2015, 01:34 PM
The problem is Everyone - They - the Goverment does not give a PHUCK what you or i think ! :cry: they are going to do what ever they thing is right for them - NOT us - we need a real UPRISING of some Sort to get this Issue addressed ! :shock: JMO RJ

X1000, you are correct
These Lieberal Politicians don't give a shit about us
They have lost my vote......

Sofa King
02-08-2015, 01:53 PM
X1000, you are correct
These Lieberal Politicians don't give a shit about us
They have lost my vote......

you voted them in?
oops.

Steeleco
02-08-2015, 02:17 PM
you voted them in?
oops.

As did I. but that was then. If FD is done with the Lieberals we're on the right track. The problem is the second choice is shitty too. A good third party would be great but "apathy" is huge in politics. The best we can hope for is a minority govt that's always looking over their shoulder! IMHO

Whonnock Boy
02-08-2015, 02:28 PM
I respectfully disagree. A definitive win for the opposition would send a strong message to our current government that how they have been doing things, is wrong. A bullying type government needs a kick in the teeth to straighten them out. The message needs to be loud and clear, we are not voting the NDP in, we are voting the Liberals out! They both need some attitude adjustment imo.....

The best we can hope for is a minority govt that's always looking over their shoulder! IMHO

Steeleco
02-08-2015, 02:48 PM
I respectfully disagree. A definitive win for the opposition would send a strong message to our current government that how they have been doing things, is wrong. A bullying type government needs a kick in the teeth to straighten them out. The message needs to be loud and clear, we are not voting the NDP in, we are voting the Liberals out! They both need some attitude adjustment imo.....

Even this long time "union" member won't vote for the NDP. The first thing they did last time they had a short spurt of power was ban ALL grizzly hunting. All based on emotion and not science. They're not to be trusted either. As stated earlier, our options are FEW!

Wild one
02-08-2015, 02:51 PM
We have the libs because everyone was trying to keep the NDP out. Now people are saying vote NDP to keep the libs out.

See the real problem here :-?

flyboy
02-08-2015, 03:45 PM
Not saying it is the solution but maybe just maybe the new Conservatives can get their house in order to at least give a 3rd option. Every party will have platform problems, nothings perfect. I to am sick of voting not for who I want to win but rather voting against who I don't want.

I think there is no better time in BC politics for a 3rd REAL OPTION PARTY to step forward.

LYKTOHUNT
02-08-2015, 06:30 PM
Boy now we are in a real fix, the liberals are taking our hunting away and if we vote NDP in none of will have jobs to afford to go hunting jeez this hurts my head, time for another 40 Crick and reflect on this bucket of shit we are in.

frodo
02-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Not saying it is the solution but maybe just maybe the new Conservatives can get their house in order to at least give a 3rd option. Every party will have platform problems, nothings perfect. I to am sick of voting not for who I want to win but rather voting against who I don't want.

I think there is no better time in BC politics for a 3rd REAL OPTION PARTY to step forward.

Careful the Conservative Leader Da.n Brooks is a Guide Outfitter whose main issue is moose allocation. CAREFUL!!!

hardnocks
02-08-2015, 08:03 PM
If you see FD blowing a billy goat you know he`s done with the liberals.

Cordillera
02-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Government generally replies more to snail mail than email. And they don't take form letters as serious as a hand written note. There are way too many online campaigns ("save the .....") that only require the sender to hit send or cut and paste so government tends to pay those electronic type things less attention.

albravo2
02-08-2015, 08:12 PM
I find the 'not enough letters to be concerned' argument is not believable.

When I spoke to Joran Sturby he said I was the second guy in his riding to bring it up. Then I posted something along those lines and several people from this site said they had already been in communication.

I'm not paranoid, but it does seem like they have talking points that they stick to:
'it isn't that big a deal, I've hardly heard about it'
'the real problem is with habitat erosion and quads for easy access'
'its not that many animals, why you mad?'

The only silver lining to this cloud is that they are crafting talking points to refute our message. That means we are making them squirm.

Keep up the pressure!

For my mindset, the NDP and Greens are not viable options. I think the conservatives will get a big boost. I just kind of wish I didn't worry they might be religious nut jobs.

Whonnock Boy
02-08-2015, 08:26 PM
Frankly, it is none of my business who anyone votes for, but for the benefit of our argument, every one of you should be screaming that you are voting elsewhere! The art of negotiation people..... For myself, I AM going to change my vote. I would rather be kicked in the balls by someone else for a change.

Apolonius
02-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Truth is also if they feel they lost already our vote ...why would they change their way of thinking?.....and this coming out of me that would put all of them in a NOT so seaworthy boat in the middle of the ocean.I also realize someone that screwed me once ,they will do it again.And from a guy that believes ....you want forgiveness ??? upstairs my liberal politico,upstairs...the lord is waiting.

bigdogeh
02-08-2015, 09:47 PM
the direction the liberals have been heading in , in just about everything lately has been to sell out the common person for $$$$'s. if they don't do an about-face and start heading in the other direction, they can almost guarantee they will lose the election. at this point the ndp are the lesser of two evils imho. these guys (liberals and goabc) are selling out our freedoms, our heritages, our access to crown land, our wildlife, and the list goes on and on. these things once gone will more than likely never return. it's the principle at this point. i don't want to have to belong to a private club in order to hunt on a private feedlot. I don't want to have to belong to a fishing club that collects dues/fees and have to pay a private club in order to have access to 100 feet of riverbank. and I don't want my sons, and daughters to have to either. or there sons and daughters. these guys are so blinded by $$$$'s and the procurement of power, they couldn't give a flying .... about what's right and best for the greater populous, and province. unless they make a drastic change to what they've tried to cram at us it'll cost them dearly at the polls. we won't accept it. it's not good enough. it's not over for them till it's over. it's their choice if they want to make the right, moral, and ethical decision regarding quota and the rights of the resident hunters and their families for the province. and while their at it, they need to start thinking about the rights of the average citizen in this province as well. it's in their hands. if they want to fight us on this, it's going to cost them. plain and simple!!

wickit
02-09-2015, 09:25 AM
I'm calling bullshit on this. I have personally delivered over 300 letters for Premier Clark and Minister Thomson to my MLA's Office which where forwarded on. I personally think Minister Thomson is towing the party line and will bend the truth to make it look like the resident hunter doesn't care or is affected.

btridge
02-09-2015, 01:04 PM
everyone keeps talking about the 102,000 votes the Liberals will loose over this...In my immediate family there are 16 adults of voting age, only 2 resident hunters because the rest choose not to hunt, But I have talked to every one of them about the allocation ripoff by the liberals...of the 16, 13 voted liberal, 2 voted NDP, and 1 didn't vote. Every one of them said they would consider voting for a different party or not vote in protest if that was their only choice. I have talked to a number of other resident hunters and they say the sentiment is similar in their extended families. So in my take on the numbers, this 102,000 votes people talk about very badly UNDER estimates the number of votes in play over this issue!

bigdogeh
02-09-2015, 09:46 PM
everyone keeps talking about the 102,000 votes the Liberals will loose over this...In my immediate family there are 16 adults of voting age, only 2 resident hunters because the rest choose not to hunt, But I have talked to every one of them about the allocation ripoff by the liberals...of the 16, 13 voted liberal, 2 voted NDP, and 1 didn't vote. Every one of them said they would consider voting for a different party or not vote in protest if that was their only choice. I have talked to a number of other resident hunters and they say the sentiment is similar in their extended families. So in my take on the numbers, this 102,000 votes people talk about very badly UNDER estimates the number of votes in play over this issue!

I agree Bridge. when people come to realize the direction this government has taken to sell-off everything of value that belong to the residents of BC, to hand it over to a few and privatize all public resources, all for the almighty $$$$, i believe they'll step up to the plate and realize what's at stake. it's alot bigger than a "few animals" that they would love to have us believe. it's the blatent sell-off of our province, 1 resource at a time. I think people are fed-up at the blatant partisanship, the secret handshakes, the backroom donations, etc, etc, etc... that's what basically killed the federal liberals in the last federal election. it's a hell of a lot more than 102,000 possible votes that are at stake for them.

303savage
06-09-2015, 01:15 PM
I wonder what happened there.did we screw up or is he not telling the truth

He's a politician, he's probably not telling the truth.

FourOhs
06-09-2015, 01:34 PM
Letters are good. Showing up at the Leg. would be the ultimate, but isn't practical for most people. What is really powerful is booking some face-to-face time with your MLA when they're in their constituency as opposed to sitting at the Leg. Each one has a constituency office. Phone your MLA and ask for an appointment to talk about your concerns in person. That puts a face to the letter. And, for God's sake, please don't come across as a whack-job. Speak intelligently and know that, depending on your MLA's partisanship and personal values, s/he may try to counter your concerns. Come prepared to have a mature discussion.

The Dawg
06-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Letters are good. Showing up at the Leg. would be the ultimate, but isn't practical for most people. What is really powerful is booking some face-to-face time with your MLA when they're in their constituency as opposed to sitting at the Leg. Each one has a constituency office. Phone your MLA and ask for an appointment to talk about your concerns in person. That puts a face to the letter. And, for God's sake, please don't come across as a whack-job. Speak intelligently and know that, depending on your MLA's partisanship and personal values, s/he may try to counter your concerns. Come prepared to have a mature discussion.

We showed up in Prince George
We showed up in Kelowna
We showed up in Victoria at the Leg.

Organizers of the rally ended up in the Leg as guests of the Opposition.

We have written 1000's of letters and emails

Over 16 000 people signed a petition to date.

We are letting them know we are unhappy, and that we will not stand for it.

More is coming- mark my words!

The Hermit
06-11-2015, 01:38 PM
Gots to keep hounding them Dawg! good!

FourOhs
06-11-2015, 02:29 PM
Another good way to get more support for this message, in a way that can't be swept under the rug with memorized rebuttals, is to write a Letter To The Editor of your local paper. Let the other hunters around you who aren't aware of this allocation problem know that there is a problem and their MLAs are ignoring it. Tell *them* in your letter how to contact your MLA too.