PDA

View Full Version : Hints for attending Town Hall meetings

Sitkaspruce
01-28-2015, 08:06 PM
I am opening this up for folks who attended a meeting and want to add hints for future attendees.

Last Night I attended the FSJ meeting, it was a great turn out!!

What I noticed and would like to pass on to others:

- BCWF is our voice in this battle. They are NOT there as an arm of the Government. People seem to think they have access to the spending and inside track of the Government. They cannot answer for your Government.
- Jesse is not a Biologist....and he does not work for the government.:-P
- some folks thought that the BCWF is our saviour and that they did not need to do anything as the BCWF was doing it for us. They need to be educated.
- Do not be afraid to to ask question and have your questions ready to ask. Last night it was a pretty quite crowd for questions. Also, expect the Politicians to show up and have some questions for them as well. Get others you know to have questions as well.
- Do not focus on local concerns, focus on the big picture. Last night people were bringing up questions and comments about mule deer in the Peace and along the Peace River Valley, late season elk draws and LEH. Good questions, but the wrong venue.
- there is lots of people who are not on HBC, Facebook or read the news much, so enlighten them with how they can find out more about what the BCWF is doing.

Please add to this post so others may learn from our experiences.

Cheers

SS

Opinionated Ol Phart
01-31-2015, 11:24 AM
All good points Ken

emerson
01-31-2015, 11:29 AM
Thanks for posting. Good stuff. Does the BCWF have an organizational/communication person that is good at getting these points out and "focusing" the message? The other side has their own "narrative interventionists"....