PDA

View Full Version : we are not getting the word out

hardnocks
01-22-2015, 03:14 PM
coach sent me some info on the 31st march on christys office. I have been passing out pamflits I have made.

theirs lots of people hunters who don`t hang out on the computer. that know nothing about this scrap we are having with the liberals.
some how we have to get more exposure.

The Dawg
01-22-2015, 03:17 PM
Tell them to read the paper or listen to CBC. It's there

01-22-2015, 03:35 PM
The BCWF and every club should be sending letters out to each and every member.

300rum700
01-22-2015, 03:38 PM
Everyone with the hunt buddy app knows about it.

hardnocks
01-22-2015, 03:52 PM
the are 60,000 bc hunters that don`t belong to the bcwf or a club.

GoatGuy
01-22-2015, 04:11 PM
you are right I think pamphlets are a great idea

2chodi
01-22-2015, 04:29 PM
We did a "bulk" mail-out to every address in the Fort St. John area through Canada Post. It was our full-page newspaper add printed on 81/2 X 11. It cost around $900. We had to fold (one of our members has a folding machine) and bundle them in groups of 200.

Angus
01-22-2015, 04:32 PM
We did a "bulk" mail-out to every address in the Fort St. John area through Canada Post. It was our full-page newspaper add printed on 81/2 X 11. It cost around $900. We had to fold (one of our members has a folding machine) and bundle them in groups of 200.

Yup, I got that yesterday. Nice work fellas.

01-22-2015, 04:34 PM
the are 60,000 bc hunters that don`t belong to the bcwf or a club.

That means roughly 50% would know directly through the BCWF and local clubs. Some more would know through HBC. And every hunter that is aware of the situation has a duty to talk about it with other hunters he/she knows. For example my buddy and I got four old timers to come to the PG rally. They are not computer people and had no idea what was going on.

Also, don't forget to talk to non-hunting people as well.

coach
01-22-2015, 06:43 PM
The BCWF and every club should be sending letters out to each and every member.

Peachland, Kelowna and Oceola clubs have all sent my letter regarding Jan 31 out. It should have also been sent to every club in region 8. I'm awaiting confirmation on that..

Please - anyone wanting more info to email or print - send me a PM with your email address.

Whonnock Boy
01-22-2015, 07:09 PM
theirs lots of people hunters who don`t hang out on the computer. that know nothing about this scrap we are having with the liberals.
some how we have to get more exposure.

This is why January 31st is so very important. The larger the turn out, the more exposure it will garner. Come join the fun folks....

zippermouth
01-22-2015, 07:21 PM
my dad is not on the site but he is spreading the word to other guys who don't belong to the forum. pretty sure he has got about 10-12 guys so far who are going to show up at the Kelowna rally. I've also been trying to get guys to go. keep telling guys, give them some info. show them you are putting in a serious effort and they will follow your lead.

The Dawg
01-22-2015, 07:53 PM
We are doing the best we can. Its in the papers, its on the radio, local news has it.

Word of mouth is next so keep yapping about it and getting people to show up!

http://www.cheknews.ca/changes-to-bcs-new-hunting-policies-a-concern-to-hunters/

Philcott
01-23-2015, 09:07 AM
Victoria fish and game sent out a notice of the townhall meeting along with the last newsletter.

Foxton Gundogs
01-23-2015, 01:24 PM
This is why January 31st is so very important. The larger the turn out, the more exposure it will garner. Come join the fun folks....
Right on WB, you are so right the 31st could make or break us. We need everyone who can to be there, to far, to busy, to tired, are not excuses. We all make time to hunt we all travel to hunt we are never to tired to hunt, we ALL need to apply that to our right to hunt, if we don't make a big splash in Kelowna to tired won't be a problem cause we can all rest when our right to hunt is taken away. Everyone of us must act and stand like each individual is the ONLY one left between your right to hunt and never hunting again.

Whonnock Boy
01-24-2015, 06:09 PM
Neither is not being happy with the BCWF. Put your differences aside, and join your fellow hunters. Don't take your ill feelings towards the fed out on those who are making an effort to right the ship.

to far, to busy, to tired, are not excuses.

Whonnock Boy
01-28-2015, 02:53 PM
For those interested in meeting for an informal meeting of the minds prior to the rally in Kelowna, drop by the Creekside Pub and Grill on Friday night, the 30th of January. Come put some names to faces!
http://creeksidepub.ca/

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Creekside+Pub+%26+Grill/@49.842193,-119.48746,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x657c3695e882e479

fowl language
01-28-2015, 07:06 PM
well gang we are getting so much press I have it on good authority that the government is really feeling the pressure. please read between the lines and make an effort to be at Kelowna at the rally as there will be watchful eyes monitoring how many show up as to how they will make their next move....dale

coach
01-28-2015, 07:08 PM
http://www.castanet.net/edition/news...-3-.htm#131330 (http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-131330-3-.htm#131330)

Following outrage from resident hunters, the B.C. government is reconsidering new wildlife allocation rules that came into force in December.
On Dec. 10, changes partially reversed a 2007 plan and shifted a portion of big-game tags away from resident hunters to foreign hunters through guide outfitters. The 2007 allocation rules significantly reduced the number of animals outfitters were allowed to harvest and, according to the Guide Outfitters Association of B.C., significantly contributed to the decline of the guided hunting industry in the province.
The Kelowna and District Fish and Game Club, Oceola Fish and Game Club and Peachland Sportsman's Association have organized a rally (http://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelowna/130915/Hunters-to-rally-at-premier-s-office) this Saturday at Premier Christy Clark's office to protest the latest changes, which they say are taking hunting opportunities from resident hunters.
Kelowna-Mission MLA Steve Thomson, minister of forests, lands and natural resource operations, says he is "evaluating feedback" and a new wildlife allocation discussion may be opened.
"Resident hunters are given a higher priority than non-residents. However, this does not imply that resident demand must be fully satisfied before non-residents can be granted harvest opportunities," Thomson said in a statement. "In fact, allocation only affects about eight per cent of all the animals resident hunters currently hunt."
The December decision transfers about 110 animals from resident hunters to guide-outfitters, Thomson said.
The president of Oceola Fish and Game Club, Sean Richardson, said he won't call it a victory until he actually sees a new policy come out. He is anticipating some movement after a recent rally in Prince George.
"The rally in Prince George, they did a really good job," he said. "It was a very peaceful rally, and that was reiterated by Mr. Thomson, that because of the tack that they took, because they were respectful and not in peoples' faces, that kind of opened the door."
Scott Ellis, executive director at the Guide Outfitters Association, says the changes have been blown out of proportion and hardly help the ailing industry.
"Since 2006, we're down 30 per cent in people coming to the province (to hunt)," he said. "For that to be used against us, to say we should get less? It's a little bit frustrating."
Ellis says the Dec. 10 decision gave guide outfitters only 3.5 per cent more animals than they've had since the 2007 policy.
"What the minister did on Dec. 10 was make minor changes to what the splits were. The impact to our side is still $3 million per year," he said. "There's no party here. We got 3.5 per cent relief, that doesn't move the needle for us."
"We are still going to have significant hardship in our industry, so I am beyond disappointed that the (B.C. Wildlife Federation) is lighting their hair on fire. We were pushing for significantly more change."
Despite being fewer in number when compared to resident hunters, guide outfitters have higher value to the economy. Hunting generates approximately $350 million each year. More than 100,000 resident hunters bring in about $230 million of that, while 230 guide-outfitters brought in about 4,500 hunters last year, for approximately $120 million in revenue.
"The average client to the province pays $27,000," Ellis said. "They use airlines, buy food, buy supplies, bullets, eat in restaurants, stay in hotels. Outfitters employ staff, buy quads, pay taxes – these are local guys, and the money stays in the community."
Ellis said the guide-outfitters will not be at Clark's office this weekend.
"It's kind of an interesting time. The hunting community has always been pretty quiet. We go about our business, we help wildlife and harvest wildlife because we like to eat it, but it's the first time I've ever seen that everybody has gotten fired up and so involved. It's a big issue," Richardson said.
Thomson said the December decision resulted from an 18-month review in which both resident hunters and non-resident hunters participated.
It’s important to note the allocation decision does not include General Open Season opportunities, such as mule deer, whitetail deer and black bear.

coach
01-28-2015, 07:09 PM
http://www.kelownacapnews.com/

Connect with Us

News (http://www.kelownacapnews.com/news/) Resident hunters to hold rally Saturday in opposition to B.C.'s Wildlife Allocation Policy

http://media.bclocalnews.com/images/79168kelownawhitetail.jpg Resident hunters and B.C.'s guide outfitters remain on opposite sides of an issue on allocation of the hunting resource between B.C. and out of province hunters.— image credit: Contributed

by Kevin Parnell - Kelowna Capital News (http://www.kelownacapnews.com/staff_profiles/9666647.html)
posted Jan 28, 2015 at 1:00 PM

Hunters from three area wildlife clubs will be holding a protest in West Kelowna this weekend, asking the provincial government to re-consider a wildlife allocation policy in a public fight that is pitting hunters and guide-outfitters against each other.
In December the government announced a new B.C. Wildlife Allocation Policy that lays out how the different species of animals taken by hunters is split between B.C. residents and non-resident hunters, who must be guided to hunt in B.C.
It's an issue the groups have been fighting about since the government first introduced the policy in 2007 but the latest re-working of the policy, announced in December, has resident hunters up in arms about the allocation, which they say gives an unfair split to B.C.'s guide-outfitters.
"Our message is that the policy is not good for B.C residents and it's not good for wildlife," said Sean Richardson of the Oceola Fish and Game Club. "I don't think B.C. residents agree with 20 to 40 per cent of wildlife being allocated to foreign hunters."
Depending on the type of game as well as the region of the province, the policy lays out the allocation between resident hunters and guide-outfitters. In region 8, the Okanagan, splits range from 80-20 for bull moose to 70-30 for big horn sheep to 60-40 for Grizzly Bears, of which are not a high demand for local hunters in the area.
The Guide-Outfitters Association of B.C. (GOABC), which represents some 245 hunting guides in the province, says the new policy came after a decade of negotiations between the B.C. government, the GOABC and the B.C. Wildlife Federation, which represents resident hunters.
The two sides are on opposite sides of the issue of how to properly split the hunting resource. The guide-outfitters say legislated splits will help revive an industry that brings high-yield tourists into B.C. while resident hunters claim the splits make it harder for them to provide healthy, local meats for their families and wonder why local businesses need help from the government to survive.
The Guide Outfitters Association of B.C. says it's time to put the last decade of fighting amongst the two hunting groups in the past.
"Neither side is happy with the splits," said executive director Scott Ellis. "We wanted more. We lost flexibility so it's a problem and there will be hardships still from our side. But at least we see there is certainty for the industry so we appreciate that. We are supporting the decision and encourage it to go into legislation so we can stop fighting about the piece of the pie."
Ellis maintained that individual resident hunters will not feel much impact by the allocation changes and that hunting opportunity will remain much the same as most species will be managed through general open seasons. He says when you compare tags issued for species, the resident hunting take remains closer to 90 per cent for many species in B.C. and added the GOABC took losses in the negotiations including access to vacant areas of the province, which guides are not allowed to hunt in.
But while the guide outfitters are asking for the policy to move into law, the B.C. Wildlife Federation says the new allocation policy is weighted unfairly in favour of non-residents and is a big departure from what was originally negotiated in 2007. A week ago a public protest was held in Prince George and this weekend the group will be out in force again in Kelowna, asking its members to write letters to the government so the policy can be re-visited.
"Ultimately we want to put all of this behind us and work with the guide outfitters (to support the resource) but the problem is the policy is not acceptable and the fear is it will get legislated at these splits (in allocation)," said Richardson. "This policy is nowhere near what was negotiated and agreed to by the hunting community."
The local groups will hold a protest Saturday at 11 a.m. at the old Zellers parking lot at 3571 Old Okanagan Highway in West Kelowna.

boxhitch
01-28-2015, 07:25 PM
Heard the radio ad in The Giant today , and yes we hear it in Vernon too.

Coach , the advert for the rally was sent to all Vernon Fish and Game members , and it also went to all Springers list .
Other pertinent info was forwarded for the b.o.d. but the topic didn't even come up at the last exec meeting , and no one wanted to discuss the topic at the last general meeting :( but I tried !

Stone Sheep Steve
01-28-2015, 07:39 PM
Heard the radio ad in The Giant today , and yes we hear it in Vernon too.

Coach , the advert for the rally was sent to all Vernon Fish and Game members , and it also went to all Springers list .
Other pertinent info was forwarded for the b.o.d. but the topic didn't even come up at the last exec meeting , and no one wanted to discuss the topic at the last general meeting :( but I tried !

Seriously?? This is probably the single biggest issue facing resident hunters in decades...but not worth talking about?

Thanks for trying bh!

40incher
01-28-2015, 08:16 PM
well gang we are getting so much press I have it on good authority that the government is really feeling the pressure. please read between the lines and make an effort to be at Kelowna at the rally as there will be watchful eyes monitoring how many show up as to how they will make their next move....dale

We'll be there with bells on, although it sounds like that entry has already been taken!!

Keep up the good fight ... nobody said it was going to be easy.

From what I have heard the Liberals still think they are bulletproof. So ... fire away!

Stone Sheep Steve
01-28-2015, 08:51 PM
Made a phone call to an elderly couple who don't have a computer and have been away for two weeks...just to make sure they knew about the rally(they also missed our last meeting). The lady said she has been reading about it everywhere since they returned home!!
Great to hear!

SSS

fireguy
01-28-2015, 10:07 PM
I was doing a job at the local mill last week. Posted in all the lunchrooms was information about this issue and the rally. Word is getting out.