PDA

View Full Version : New Club In Quesnel!!!!

willyqbc
03-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Well as some of you know there has been 2 archery clubs in Quesnel for some time now. We have FINALLY put an end to all that nonsense and have managed to merge the two clubs. We held our first meeting last night and elected our first executive. Also we will now be known as "The Quesnel River Archers". "Broken arrow Bowhunters" and the "Quesnel Archers" are officially dissolved. We will be hosting the indoor Fita Provincials on the easter weekend...pm me for sign up details, pre registering would help us a great deal. Also our big outdoor 3D will now be held on June 9th and 10th. Only problem there is we we're not able to get the pig roast guy for those dates but will be rebooking him for the following year, the dinner will be first rate regardless. We will also be holding a hunter warm-up shoot in august sometime (i'll get back with the dates) rangefinders, high power binocs etc are all allowed...anything you'd use hunting with the exception of broadheads. The new club will also be putting in a bid to host the 2008 and 2009 3D provincials so we really need some support this year to help put some money away for that.

Thats all for now!
Chris

Tinney
03-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Congrats!! Better change the old avatar hey ;)
I know that for a long time there was (and still are) tough feelings round here when we had two clubs. Hope you get 3D provincials. We need more quality shoots in the north, like always!

Bigbear
03-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Woohoo Right on Chris. Lookin forward to It all.
Kelly:lol:

TPK
03-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Chris, a while back it was mentioned at a Quesnel Rod and Gun Club meeting that there was interest in one of the local Archery clubs joing back up with the Q.R.&G. club ... is that still being considered now the two Archery clubs have become one?

willyqbc
03-28-2007, 12:24 PM
I don't think it is on the table right now Tony, the cost was prohibitive for us and questions about the control of funds generated were a concern because of the total amount of R&G members vs the total number of archers. We currently have two venues that meet our needs so it was decided that there was no real benefit to us to join. That being said, as a member of both and currently sitting on the executive of the new club i would be open to the possibilty of our two groups perhaps being involved in a joint project of some sort....perhaps an open house type thing where folks can come and learn a bit about both guns and bows in both target and hunting applications, could be mutually beneficial in generating some crossover memberships.

Chris

Kirby
03-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Chris glad to hear. But no pig roast??? A little bit of me just died...

Kirby

willyqbc
03-28-2007, 02:14 PM
I knew that was gonna kill ya Kirby...but fear not the food will still be great and the beer will still be cold!!8-)

Chris

Jagermeister
03-28-2007, 04:44 PM
Wow Chris, how did that come about? Did "someone" move out of town? I never could understand the division, but then again, I would have had to been involved. Pretty hard to walk the middle of the road like some have managed. It's great to hear that all factions have come together. The only thing that I could see benefical about joining up with the R&G would be the blended insurance riders, aside from that the archers are better off with their current venues.:)

Rainwater
03-28-2007, 04:56 PM
Good work up there Willy, try and get someone involved in the bow section: re: abeyance on all bowhunting regulation changes.

willyqbc
03-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Dennis...noone moved, enough people just got fed up and we had the numbers to vote it in. Some folks were not happy about the amalgamation but you know what they say about makin omlettes and breakin eggs:)

As far as the benefit of blended riders in joining with the rod and gun...we are required to be a member of the BCAA to hold sanctioned shoots and part of that membership includes insurance coverage.

Rainy...first order of business as soon as the UBBC irons out its club membership policy will be to sign up the new club. I am also going to draft a letter on behalf of the new club stating our opposition to the allocation policy and our desire to see the abeyance lifted etc. Fear not, we have some good folks up here that I believe will be active!

Chris

Jagermeister
03-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Congratulations to all involved in making it happen Chris, I think that the biggest obstacle has been overcome and the club will prosper. Good luck to the Quesnel River Archers.

Nails
03-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Chris, glad your situation is worked out for the benefit of all involved.

J_T
03-29-2007, 07:04 AM
Good work Chris. Congrats.

You know (I'm not trying to flame a spark here) bowhunters never want to find themselves at odds with the rifle hunting community and perhaps with a shift in optics in your area a good relationship can be enhanced between the bow and rifle communities through crossover endeavours and the exchange of information can continue.

Mutual respect might rule the day and perhaps bowhunting will be recognized as a legitimate undertaking and bowhunting opportunities can be seen as a good thing and not only pursued but supported by our fellow hunters who choose to use a rifle in pursuit of their game.

willyqbc
03-29-2007, 07:52 AM
You're absolutely right JT and fortunantely for me the regional president of the BCWF, who is also VERY involved in the R & G, is a friend and we have found some common ground to work together for the bigger issues such as the allocation policy but can also respect the need for one another to push our own agendas when it comes to seasons etc. I forsee more collaboration between the two clubs in the future!

Chris