PDA

View Full Version : show up or shut up.

Paulyman
01-19-2015, 12:19 AM
there seems to be a lot of bitching on this site the week after l.e.h results are posted, I hope you all put your money where your mouth is and show up for the town meetings, write your mla and rallies.it's pretty hard to take control of our future as hunters if we let the minority decide for us, we are 102,000 strong, let's start acting like it. There are some of us that are willing to attend the Kelowna meeting despite the long drive, yet I've heard of some have a hard time drving a short drive from neighboring towns to Kelowna.

See you guys in Kelowna!

Lets get this done.

Paul

BiG Boar
01-19-2015, 12:21 AM
Why is the Kelowna one different that the vancouver one?

Paulyman
01-19-2015, 12:25 AM
Kelowna is a rally, vancouver meeting is an info session.

Whonnock Boy
01-19-2015, 12:50 AM
Yes, this is not the time to sit back and watch. One day of your weekend, and maybe 120 bucks in fuel split between you, and a buddy or two is nothing compared to what is at stake.

WestbankRye
01-19-2015, 08:29 AM
I live just down the road from Christy Clarks office so I will definitely be there! I saw it starts at 11 but what time is everybody planning on showing up at?

Rackmastr
01-19-2015, 08:35 AM
I'd love to be there but I simply cant make it....though I wont be 'shutting up' at all. I'll be continuing to write letters, keep conversation going with hunting and non-hunting friends, stay in the loop and keep fighting for our rights!

Glad to hear it sounds like a good group starting to gain some ground at the Kelowna event!!!

Paulyman
01-19-2015, 08:38 AM
I'd love to be there but I simply cant make it....though I wont be 'shutting up' at all. I'll be continuing to write letters, keep conversation going with hunting and non-hunting friends, stay in the loop and keep fighting for our rights!

Glad to hear it sounds like a good group starting to gain some ground at the Kelowna event!!!

Good job man! Everything helps to bring awarness to the public eye.

sausage lover
01-19-2015, 08:45 AM
Can u please post when and where as me and my wife would like to go thanks!

kayjayess
01-19-2015, 09:06 AM
Great to see the infrequent posters stepping up and showing their support and coming out.

The rally is January 31st at 11 AM.

2429 Dobbin Road, West Kelowna

Park at the Old Zellers Parking lot - 3571 Old Okanagan Highway

https://www.facebook.com/events/817009945024076/

bridger
01-19-2015, 09:25 AM
This post hit the nail on the head. Time to stand up and be counted. Thomson and The Goabc felt we would take this lying down.

coach
01-19-2015, 09:33 AM
I live just down the road from Christy Clarks office so I will definitely be there! I saw it starts at 11 but what time is everybody planning on showing up at?

10:30 in the Zellers lot would be good.. Great to hear you will be there. Invite your friends.

coach
01-19-2015, 09:36 AM

We we know you're fighting the battle with us, RM. Thanks for your support! If you have any friends who are attending, send your own letter to Christy Clark along wih them. She might be ignoring our emails, but a couple thousand signed and hand delivered letters will send her a strong message that we aren't going away.

monasheemountainman
01-19-2015, 09:47 AM
there seems to be a lot of bitching on this site the week after l.e.h results are posted, I hope you all put your money where your mouth is and show up for the town meetings, write your mla and rallies.it's pretty hard to take control of our future as hunters if we let the minority decide for us, we are 102,000 strong, let's start acting like it. There are some of us that are willing to attend the Kelowna meeting despite the long drive, yet I've heard of some have a hard time drving a short drive from neighboring towns to Kelowna.

See you guys in Kelowna!

Lets get this done.

Paul

Don't come at your peers like that dude that's a little weak. so you want everyone who doesn't make it to just keep their mouths shut?

hardnocks
01-19-2015, 09:57 AM
I will be there ! but will chisty

kayjayess
01-19-2015, 09:59 AM
I will be there ! but will chisty

Not likely. But she will have a ton of mail to sift through Monday morning. She might not see us in person but she certainly will on TV and newsprint and feel our presence when her staff spends a week or two going through the mail we left behind.

kayjayess
01-19-2015, 10:01 AM
Don't come at your peers like that dude that's a little weak. so you want everyone who doesn't make it to just keep their mouths shut?

I get what you are saying. However take it in the spirit intended. Let's all make an honest effort to be there. If you can't so be it.

I agree in principal. We also need to be heard as well as seen. Just make it count. Contact your MLA, etc. Most of us are on the same team here. As coach says, lets keep it on track and use our energy fighting the people trying to take away our resident hunting opportunities.

40incher
01-19-2015, 11:49 AM
Two of us from the Skeena Region will be showing up for sure ... it's time to make the Allocation fight something that cannot be ignored by our "friends" in government!!!

Paulyman
01-19-2015, 12:53 PM
COTE=monasheemountainman;1591936]Don't come at your peers like that dude that's a little weak. so you want everyone who doesn't make it to just keep their mouths shut?[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to offend anyone, I want to get everyone fired up even a little mad even mad at me if you have to :-) this fight is far from over the government is spoon feeding us table scraps in their new negotiations and like the first set of negotiations I don't think any of us are going to like the outcome. I know people that won't travel, won't write their MLA's, and won't do anything at all. I think it's fair to say that if this is the case for most of the hundred two thousand of us we are in deep trouble.

and just for the record I understand that some people can't make it to the protest, that's okay! A good fight is about doing everything within your power and ability to ensure a good outcome. Keep it up guys we can do it!

monasheemountainman
01-19-2015, 01:17 PM
COTE=monasheemountainman;1591936]Don't come at your peers like that dude that's a little weak. so you want everyone who doesn't make it to just keep their mouths shut?

I don't mean to offend anyone, I want to get everyone fired up even a little mad even mad at me if you have to :-) this fight is far from over the government is spoon feeding us table scraps in their new negotiations and like the first set of negotiations I don't think any of us are going to like the outcome. I know people that won't travel, won't write their MLA's, and won't do anything at all. I think it's fair to say that if this is the case for most of the hundred two thousand of us we are in deep trouble.

and just for the record I understand that some people can't make it to the protest, that's okay! A good fight is about doing everything within your power and ability to ensure a good outcome. Keep it up guys we can do it![/QUOTE]

sorry I was just a little tense cuz I was trying to get my spot covered at work that day. But ill be there with fckukin bells on!!

Stone Sheep Steve
01-19-2015, 01:24 PM

and just for the record I understand that some people can't make it to the protest, that's okay! A good fight is about doing everything within your power and ability to ensure a good outcome. Keep it up guys we can do it!

sorry I was just a little tense cuz I was trying to get my spot covered at work that day. But ill be there with fckukin bells on!![/QUOTE]

Sweet!! Nice work! Will be easy to spot you with those bells.

coach
01-19-2015, 01:42 PM
Two of us from the Skeena Region will be showing up for sure ... it's time to make the Allocation fight something that cannot be ignored by our "friends" in government!!!

That's an awesome commitment to the cause, 40incher! Kudos to you. I look forward to shaking your hand on the 31st.

Whonnock Boy
01-19-2015, 02:49 PM
That is what I like to hear!!!

coach
01-19-2015, 02:51 PM

I think this is a great question, BiG Boar, and one that needs answering.

The town hall meetings are significant because they provide an opportunity for people to learn about what is really going on with regard to the Thomson Allocation Policy. Topics include: A history of the allocation process, What the guide outfitters have asked for, How these changes with affect resident hunters, How you can ensure your continued right to hunt in BC. Simply put - these meetings are information sessions.

Letter writing to politicians, news outlets, etc has been the first step in forcing the government to revisit the policy and change it. Our letters have been noticed. Government is talking about altering the policy. "Talking about" and actually changing are two different things. Government likely knew we would be upset and had a plan in place to pacify us with a few minor concessions. That's not enough!

The second step in this battle is to hold public rallies. Rather than all of us running in different directions, we have selected key locations to protest.

The first in in Prince George, where the entire cabinet will be holding meetings. Kudos to Noah Dawg and others who have taken a leadership role on this. I expect there will be a few hundred people making their voices heard on the 21st.

The second is on Jan 31 in Christy Clark's West Kelowna riding. I'm sure the Premier has already received hundreds of letters and emails. To date I haven't heard of anyone getting a reply back. When we hand deliver a couple thousand personally written and signed letters to her office she's going to have to start paying attention. This is a huge step in the battle.

A third protest is being planned for February on the steps of the Legislature. With close proximity to the largest urban centres in the Province we should expect several thousand to show up.

If the issues aren't rectified by March, we will protest outside of GOABC's annual convention - again in Kelowna.

We should be able to win this fight on our sheer numbers but it's going to take a unified effort.

I look forward to meeting you in Kelowna at the end of the month, Big Boar. It will be great to finally put a face to the legend. :lol:

Angus
01-19-2015, 03:16 PM
monasheemountainman:]I don't mean to offend anyone, I want to get everyone fired up even a little mad even mad at me if you have to :-) this fight is far from over the government is spoon feeding us table scraps in their new negotiations and like the first set of negotiations I don't think any of us are going to like the outcome.

That rings a bell:

“You’re so concerned with squabbling for the scraps from Longshank’s table, that you’ve missed your God-given right to something better."

Whonnock Boy
01-20-2015, 12:18 AM
A more realistic number of people attending the Kelowna rally would be good to see on the Oceola site. We know there are lots of people coming! If you are coming, and have a facebook account, hop on and acknowledge that you are.

https://www.facebook.com/events/817009945024076/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

The Dawg
01-20-2015, 12:21 AM
Now is the time.

2 days till PG with the whole Liberal caucus watching.

Then Kelowna.

We NEED to be seen. Its critical.

itsy bitsy xj
01-20-2015, 12:43 AM
I'd love to be there but I HAVE to work the next morning I only have two days of work this month so I HAVE to be there!

The Dawg
01-20-2015, 12:50 AM
I'd love to be there but I HAVE to work the next morning I only have two days of work this month so I HAVE to be there!

Do you have anybody going you know that can hand deliver a letter from you? Send it with them!

lip_ripper00
01-20-2015, 01:14 AM
Do you have anybody going you know that can hand deliver a letter from you? Send it with them!

Guys, if your in the Fraser Valley I will pick up any letters you want delivered. PM me.......

Paulyman
01-30-2015, 08:00 PM
here is your chance guys and girls, remember nobody wants to hear any bitching about why you didn't get a draw if you don't show up tomorrow.

1980skywalker
01-30-2015, 08:29 PM
Looking good boys, the snowball is building lets keep it going, good luck tomorrow!

LYKTOHUNT
01-31-2015, 08:04 AM
Cant make it to the Kelowna rally but will be at the Quesnel town hall meeting today, and hopefully will see a good turn out of Quesnel folks and maybe some from Williams Lake and PG today.
Hope all goes well for all you folks in Kelowna

LYKTOHUNT
01-31-2015, 01:13 PM
I just got back from the Quesnel town hall meeting, it was good to see a great turn out, standing room only, good speakers and great questions and answers. One suggestion that I heard that i thought was good was dont just stop after one letter, send a few ask how or what your elected official is doing , what progress have they made, keep on them.

WestbankRye
01-31-2015, 03:05 PM
Great turnout today at the rally!! Castanet is saying close to 1000 people!! Christy Clark is going to have a TON of mail to open on Monday morning!!!

The Dawg
01-31-2015, 03:13 PM
Great turnout today at the rally!! Castanet is saying close to 1000 people!! Christy Clark is going to have a TON of mail to open on Monday morning!!!

Latest count is around 2k

Foxton Gundogs
01-31-2015, 04:29 PM
I just got back from the Quesnel town hall meeting, it was good to see a great turn out, standing room only, good speakers and great questions and answers. One suggestion that I heard that i thought was good was dont just stop after one letter, send a few ask how or what your elected official is doing , what progress have they made, keep on them.
Yep make it your mission to send an Email/letter per week, cc. Clark, Thomson, Horgan and your local MLA. Let them know you will not be going away