PDA

View Full Version : The Allocation Policy - The Politicians Still Don't Get It

Ed George
01-18-2015, 02:40 PM
Were into this fight for over a month now and half of the Liberal caucus is towing the party line and trying to sell it to the rest. They are throwing bones to see if we can be distracted. The GOS for sheep in region 4 is gone, is Roosevelt elk in region 1 next? The Liberal caucus are meeting this week in Prince George, we need to let them know how many voters live there.

Let them know the numbers, 102,000 resident hunters can not be sidelined by less than 200 guiding companies. We know that not all guiding companies are represented by the GOABC and also that not all guiding companies agree with the GOABC position on allocations. The clientele of the guiding companies is down by 30%. When the numbers are actually run, 6,500 historical non resident hunters is now down to about 4,500 less the 600 permit to accompany non resident hunters, these are your friends and family that come here to hunt with you, leaves less than 4,000 non resident alien hunters with the guides. Up to 40% share to less than 4% of the hunters, how can this possibly be fair.

The politicians want to know if we have changed our position? My opinion is HELL NO! This is our hill to die on, when the election comes in 3 years we will remember these allocations. Is your MLA representing you? I know that mine is not representing me.

Now is the time to jamb the public meetings to overflow, send another letter, call your MLA's constituency office or better yet go to their office and let them know personally.

Hunting for Health not Heads

Foxton Gundogs
01-18-2015, 03:03 PM
Were into this fight for over a month now and half of the Liberal caucus is towing the party line and trying to sell it to the rest. They are throwing bones to see if we can be distracted. The GOS for sheep in region 4 is gone, is Roosevelt elk in region 1 next? The Liberal caucus are meeting this week in Prince George, we need to let them know how many voters live there.

Let them know the numbers, 102,000 resident hunters can not be sidelined by less than 200 guiding companies. We know that not all guiding companies are represented by the GOABC and also that not all guiding companies agree with the GOABC position on allocations. The clientele of the guiding companies is down by 30%. When the numbers are actually run, 6,500 historical non resident hunters is now down to about 4,500 less the 600 permit to accompany non resident hunters, these are your friends and family that come here to hunt with you, leaves less than 4,000 non resident alien hunters with the guides. Up to 40% share to less than 4% of the hunters, how can this possibly be fair.

The politicians want to know if we have changed our position? My opinion is HELL NO! This is our hill to die on, when the election comes in 3 years we will remember these allocations. Is your MLA representing you? I know that mine is not representing me.

Now is the time to jamb the public meetings to overflow, send another letter, call your MLA's constituency office or better yet go to their office and let them know personally.

Hunting for Health not Heads
\

Definitely, now is the time to ramp it up, not back off. Wen need a new flood of letters/Emails/calls so they know we have not and will not go away.

The Dawg
01-18-2015, 03:09 PM
Get to the rallys! Make them SEE us in person!

Prince George, Jan 21!

Kelowna Jan 31!

Victoria TBD!

WE WILL WIN THIS!

coach
01-18-2015, 05:11 PM
Let's get at least 250 to show up in PG - more than one person for every G/O in BC. 2500 in Kelowna = 10:1. 5000 in Victoria = 20:1. This is THE time to stand up and be counted. ZERO excuse for apathy!

fowl language
01-18-2015, 09:41 PM
I guess if the people on here would like to learn how to knit then do nothing. if you do like to hunt or fish then get on board as it was said this is our hill to die on. otherwise ignore this thread and order your needles now before the price goes up because we will have nothing to hunt and fish....write, write write...please....dale

kayjayess
01-18-2015, 09:55 PM
I guess if the people on here would like to learn how to knit then do nothing. if you do like to hunt or fish then get on board as it was said this is our hill to die on. otherwise ignore this thread and order your needles now before the price goes up because we will have nothing to hunt and fish....write, write write...please....dale

Well stated Dale. This is not the issue to do nothing on people. We need to generate support for this cause and get others to join us.

The Dawg
01-18-2015, 10:15 PM
Fort St. John January 27

No- we are doing a RALLY in PG, not a Town Hall.

All the Liberals are in town that day.

We WILL be seen in person.

2chodi
01-18-2015, 10:37 PM
No- we are doing a RALLY in PG, not a Town Hall.

All the Liberals are in town that day.

We WILL be seen in person.

Got you - I deleted my post.

coach
01-18-2015, 10:41 PM
At this point it doesn't matter who you are going to vote for in the next election. What matters is telling your MLA's the Thomson Allocation Policy needs to be changed. Less than 250 people can't have a stronger voice than 102,000. 4% of hunters shouldn't get 40% of allocation of any species. Politicians need to represent tax paying constituents. Back door deals are not part of the democratic process. Focus, people.. FOCUS!

40incher
01-18-2015, 10:51 PM
At this point it doesn't matter who you are going to vote for in the next election. What matters is telling your MLA's the Thomson Allocation Policy needs to be changed. Less than 250 people can't have a stronger voice than 102,000. 4% of hunters shouldn't get 40% of allocation of any species. Politicians need to represent tax paying constituents. Back door deals are not part of the democratic process. Focus, people.. FOCUS!

Exactly ... this is not about what if???

It's about what is happening right now. Who gives a shit about fear-mongering at this point?

Stay focussed and don't let the detractors sway you off of the beaten path!!

We will win this battle, even with those that seek to distract.

Foxton Gundogs
01-19-2015, 10:44 AM
WANTED,
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n499/FoxtonGundogs/HBC%20Crap/f1db2c3f-0212-4e79-bd49-03e51feb1d66.png (http://s1136.photobucket.com/user/FoxtonGundogs/media/HBC%20Crap/f1db2c3f-0212-4e79-bd49-03e51feb1d66.png.html)
Just in case these rallies and meetings don't get full participation. Thought I would get in on the ground floor BEFORE prices skyrocket. Will have rifles and camo clothing to trade.

Spy
01-19-2015, 12:05 PM
WANTED,
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n499/FoxtonGundogs/HBC%20Crap/f1db2c3f-0212-4e79-bd49-03e51feb1d66.png (http://s1136.photobucket.com/user/FoxtonGundogs/media/HBC%20Crap/f1db2c3f-0212-4e79-bd49-03e51feb1d66.png.html)
Just in case these rallies and meetings don't get full participation. Thought I would get in on the ground floor BEFORE prices skyrocket. Will have rifles and camo clothing to trade.
Ouch !!!!!!!!

VanIsleCam
01-20-2015, 03:37 PM
Exactly Coach.

1980skywalker
01-20-2015, 10:24 PM
I want to know when we are going to get it together at the Parliament Buildings? What happened to the Protest at the Parliament idea?

coach
01-20-2015, 10:28 PM
I want to know when we are going to get it together at the Parliament Buildings? What happened to the Protest at the Parliament idea?

Plans are underway.. It will happen sometime in February. Let's get as many as possible out tomorrow in PG and in Kelowna on the 31st. Victoria will be the next step..

Yukon280
01-27-2015, 08:46 PM
I've been follow this, and I can't believe what I am hearing. 40%?
We are also having outfiter issues up here, where non resident outfitters have more say than resident hunters.
We hunters need to remind the politicians who votes for them. Is there anything hunters from our of province can do to aid you BC fellers?
it blows my mind that there are many hunters who don't seem to give a rats behind about these sorts of issues.
Fight the good fight.

xcaribooer
02-11-2015, 11:38 AM
thought I would post this random pic Christie "the hunter" at the GOABC convention,,, not sure is she makes it to the BCWF conventions..
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g216/Xcaribooer/untitled_zpsuwnqmvya.png (http://s57.photobucket.com/user/Xcaribooer/media/untitled_zpsuwnqmvya.png.html)

The Dawg
02-11-2015, 11:55 AM
thought I would post this random pic Christie "the hunter" at the GOABC convention,,, not sure is she makes it to the BCWF conventions..
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g216/Xcaribooer/untitled_zpsuwnqmvya.png (http://s57.photobucket.com/user/Xcaribooer/media/untitled_zpsuwnqmvya.png.html)

Yup, thats been out for a while.

FirePower
02-11-2015, 11:55 AM

https://www.facebook.com/events/261875657345726/

randymac
02-11-2015, 12:56 PM
Or we invade the NDP party, make sure they get elected and make sure they don't support an "improved" registry of any kind and make sure they do support BC for BC Residents.

[QUOTE=jack pine savage;1591699]Were into this fight for over a month now and half of the Liberal caucus is towing the party line and trying to sell it to the rest. They are throwing bones to see if we can be distracted. The GOS for sheep in region 4 is gone, is Roosevelt elk in region 1 next? The Liberal caucus are meeting this week in Prince George, we need to let them know how many voters live there.

Actually 2 years & 3 ¾ months away.

So who will you vote for if the Libs don’t budge. There will be John Horgan & Co., the fledgling BC Conservatives or the Green party.
The BC NDP is the provincial arm of the federal NDP and we all know that Tom Mulcair wants the gun registry back . If they form govt, grizz hunting no doubt will be cancelled as before for starters.

More than likely it will be the same old party at the helm again. (CC & Co) Like it or not! (I didn't vote for them the last time & will not in 2017)

2013 votes-Liberals got 44%, NDP got 40%., Green got 8% & the rest went to JC
Last election only 1 in 25 voters chose JC & Co.
Dan Brooks the new BCCP leader got less than 13% of the popular vote in 2013 provincial election.

At best one can only hope for a miracle.

coach
02-11-2015, 01:17 PM

This is a provincial matter - not federal. As such we will protest at the legislature on March 2nd. It's tough enough getting people to go to Victoria and quite frankly Ottawa is not strategic nor affordable..

Belle
02-11-2015, 04:51 PM
Ok guys the next large public event is the Sportsman Show in Abbotsford, I will be encouraging Hub Sports (I work part time there) to post something there in support of resident hunters. Any positive ideas would be appreciated.

The Dawg
02-11-2015, 04:56 PM
Ok guys the next large public event is the Sportsman Show in Abbotsford, I will be encouraging Hub Sports (I work part time there) to post something there in support of resident hunters. Any positive ideas would be appreciated.

Message me your email addy.

fowl language
02-11-2015, 06:42 PM
if it is possible,i would ask that the tradex issue be put on a side burner for a couple more days as this is being looked at but it is a bit premature..thanks for your patients....dale