PDA

View Full Version : Allocation Meeting BCWF - Quesnel

TPK
01-14-2015, 03:25 PM
Town Hall Meeting January 31st at the Royal Canadian Legion, 262 Kinchant St. 10:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.

In attendance: BCWF Region 5 President (Terry Street), BCWF Region 5 VP (Ken Last), BCWF VP (Jim Glaicar - tentative), and BCWF Wildlife Allocation Chair (Wilf Pfleiderer).

Come on out and voice your concerns and views of the proposed wildlife allocation and how it affects resident hunters.

Timbow
01-14-2015, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the update. I hope we get a good turnout.

Whonnock Boy
01-14-2015, 04:23 PM
Don't people have somewhere else to be on that day?

The Dawg
01-14-2015, 04:31 PM
Don't people have somewhere else to be on that day?

Hes got a point...

TPK
01-14-2015, 04:51 PM
Sorry ... what am I forgetting about that is on Jan. 31st??

coach
01-14-2015, 04:52 PM
Sorry ... what am I forgetting about that is on Jan. 31st??

The rally outside Christy Clark's office in west Kelowna

TPK
01-14-2015, 04:57 PM
Well, on the bright side there are now two options to voice your concerns on the 31st. I doubt there were many from here that planned on attending in Kelowna but I guarantee there are lots of those that wouldn't make the drive to Kelowna that will make it to the meeting here.

coach
01-14-2015, 05:05 PM
Well, on the bright side there are now two options to voice your concerns on the 31st. I doubt there were many from here that planned on attending in Kelowna but I guarantee there are lots of those that wouldn't make the drive to Kelowna that will make it to the meeting here.

All good, TPK. Hopefully you have a strong turnout. Let people in attendance know what is going on in Kelowna that day and please ask everyone in the crowd to write a letter to Christy Clark. Keeping her mail box full for a few weeks after our rally will go a long way toward supporting the cause and changing the Thomson Policy.

fowl language
01-14-2015, 06:59 PM
this might be a good thing. you know the gov,t is monitoring this web site ,when they see we are doubling up events against the allocation policy hopefully they will get the message. I agree will tpk that this time of year travel is often somewhat adverse....fowl

pete_k
01-14-2015, 07:14 PM
I'll do my best to be there from PG.
Peter

Squirrelnuts
01-31-2015, 01:07 PM
Great presentation to a packed house. Hope it motivates some people to get busy and put the pressure on. Thanks to the organizers and presenters- well done.

swamper
01-31-2015, 01:14 PM
Disappointed that there was no representation from the Government. It was an excellent presentation from the gentlemen from the BCWF. Lots of good questions and comments from those in attendance. I heard a comment from a lady as I was waiting to enter the hall "I hope we have this good a turnout for the taxation meeting". We have to be diligent and keep the emails and letters going to the powers that be.

Timbow
01-31-2015, 02:47 PM
As mentioned, great turnout and great presentation. I hope that this was an eye opener to many in attendance that we as resident are losing opportunities and our hunting opportunity is slowly eroding away.