PDA

View Full Version : Bev or Rod

farside
03-26-2007, 10:45 AM
How did that dog do on the bear meat?

Beverly
03-26-2007, 12:00 PM
Well she got real sick right after picking the bear up :-( I cooked a whole bunch up for her and froze in ice cube trays.....I'm hoping to try it on her soon and see how it goes.

She got a urinary tract infection 2 x which set off her bowls again in the worst way and had to go on antibiotics 2 rounds. From what I understand dogs that consistently have runny stools infect themseves by licking lol. :roll: I seem to have finally got her stable again in the poop department but I have a feeling that may be short lived and due to the antibiotics.

The things we do around here for dogs hehehe! One of my other dogs was just diagnosed with cancer.....I am totally bummed. He had surgery but it is a type that will grow back eventually. He's being pretty spoiled to the point that I recently removed the frame off my bed so he can get on easier lol.....I am SO OWNED!

Elkhound
03-26-2007, 01:01 PM
The things we do around here for dogs hehehe! One of my other dogs was just diagnosed with cancer.....I am totally bummed. He had surgery but it is a type that will grow back eventually. He's being pretty spoiled to the point that I recently removed the frame off my bed so he can get on easier lol.....I am SO OWNED!

Sorry to hear Bev. Not cool. I too just spent $900 on tests and it looks like my dog is bleeding internally. Only a matter of time it seems:-(

Beverly
03-31-2007, 11:43 PM
Sorry to hear Bev. Not cool. I too just spent $900 on tests and it looks like my dog is bleeding internally. Only a matter of time it seems:-(

Gee I don't even want to repeat what my vet bills have been like lately...might have to cry lol!

What tests did they do? Is blood in the urine/ stool or discovered some other way?

Elkhound
04-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Bev......Xrays, ultra sounds, urine and blood tests as well as checking the red blood cell count (a few times) which is too low. Means he is bleeding somewhere. It's not in the stool, urine, or externally so that leaves chest and stomach. They are pretty sure it's around his spleen. Another $2500 for surgery and we would no for sure.........but thats not going to happen.:sad:

Beverly
04-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Bev......Xrays, ultra sounds, urine and blood tests as well as checking the red blood cell count (a few times) which is too low. Means he is bleeding somewhere. It's not in the stool, urine, or externally so that leaves chest and stomach. They are pretty sure it's around his spleen. Another $2500 for surgery and we would no for sure.........but thats not going to happen.:sad:

Bummer...does not sound good! Paws crossed for a miracle recovery.

Elkhound
04-16-2007, 10:25 AM
any updates Bev......did it take to the meat okay?

Beverly
05-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Oh hey sorry for the DELAY lol! Ya she seems to be doing alright with it.
Too bad it can't be fed raw tho (it's like pork has trig).