PDA

View Full Version : Information on the Redfern-Keily ATV trail

moosinaround
03-25-2007, 09:05 PM
I was thinking of planning a trip up to the redfern lake area north of FT ST John in August. Just wondering if any brave souls have tried the ATV route into the lake and if there are any good stories or suggestions from the members out there. Ive been looking into it a little and it sounds like it is a trip of a lifetime, and not too bad fishin either. I'm loking forward to reading any input or suggs. Thanks Moosin

Steeleco
03-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Have a look here. I've hunted Trimble lake just south of Redfern from float plane, twice. Beautifull country.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/redfernk.html

Fisher-Dude
03-26-2007, 02:47 PM
I flew into Redfern and rafted out on the Besa and Prophet. Awesome area. You may want to contact the lodge at Redfern for updates on the trail. I know it has been called "challenging" before, but August may be a good dry month to try it. Conditions can change quickly up there, so if you go, be prepared for anything (there was over a foot of snow in late Aug/early Sep the year I went).

Besides, what fun is a trip with no challenges? Ya need a few to make a good story (one which you will have to share with us HBCers!).

TRACKnTRAIL
03-26-2007, 03:24 PM
I have been in on the Atv trail quite a bit.It can be challenge on a wet year( becareful crossing the Nevis in high water) but as long as you have a winch and enough cable or rope and decent tires it isn't to bad. Just make sure your quad and trailer are up for it. It gets pretty rockey and rough in places. Have seen quite a few tailers with broken axles or hitches. Also make sure you are aware of the ATV restrictions in this area.(Have seen a few ATV,s flown out by the CO,s for not following the rules) I prefer to take quads and horses.

moosinaround
03-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks folks, I will try a few of these suggestions. If I get there i will post the pics. Moosin

WOLVERINE-RIDER
04-12-2007, 10:08 PM
try contacting the local atv clubs they will have info for you. I know there is one in frt snt john but I can't remember the name.

One Shot
04-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Been in there a number of years ago a few times when I was up in the region for awhile. Then the trail was rough when wet and still rough but easier when dry. There were a lot of griz in the area, if my memory serves me right some one got it from one whilke on a quad and a couple attacked on another occasion I think while on a sled when a griz wandered out of the den, so bring something defensive. Sorry I do not have any recent intel for you.