PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a squirrel hunt...

monkeywoman
03-25-2007, 06:09 PM
Does anyone know where I could take my dog, squirrel hunting in the Lower Mainland? I'm not looking to shoot anything but my dog is an avid hunter for any type of small game.

Iyou know of a place that allows off leash dogs to hunt I'd like to hear about it.

BearSniper
03-25-2007, 06:23 PM
Hmmmmmmm

Don't mean imply rudeness but, what is your Dog going to do with any Squirrel it catches. ?:-(

You will agree, of course , that this is a hunting website forum, comprised of people who have stared down Cougars and Grizzlies.

Your question is somewhat ostentatious, something the people here may be slightly wary of.

Are you a hunter or not ?:-( Be honest with us, we'll be honest with you.

BearSniper

monkeywoman
03-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Sorry but I didn't expect the people who are staring down Grizzlies and Cougars to be reading my post.

All I was looking for was a place I could take my dog off leash and let her chase some squirrels. Since I live in the city with only tiny dog parks around, I thought who would likely know of such a place I could go but "hunters".

Sorry if you feel my post wasn't up to par.

Anyways, what aren't the lower mainlanders wary of?

Marc
03-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Welcome to the site monkeywoman, I guess what he's asking is are you actually talking about "hunting" squirrels or just letting your dog chase them around. Are you allowed to let your dog loose in Stanley Park? I would imagine there are lots of squirrels there to chase if you're not planning on shooting any.

Marc.

mark
03-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Careful monkey woman, these BC squirrels get pretty huge in BC!
Shot in Stoner BC. Scoring still pending.
http://usera.imagecave.com/moosehunter/squirrel.JPG

BearSniper
03-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Well Monkeywoman....here goes.

You can appreciate we are proud of exercising our right to practice our passion and sport, however some people get on the forum here to criticize us, antagonize, and beat the drum of their agenda.:mad:

At any rate; good places for Squrirrels are the Chilliwack River Valley Road out towards Chilliwack lake. Take any forestry service road branching off from same and puppy will have lots of Squirrrels to chase. It's also a lovely drive to the lake, make a day trip of it.

Or you could try the Silver lake road east of Hope. Finally, Weaver creek forestry road, also leading up to the Hemlock Valley Ski Hill. Any of those forests have an abundance of Squirrels. Google Earth is a great help for actually seeing the roads you'll be on.

Best of luck:smile:

BearSniper

BCLongshot
03-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Welcome

You have posted Lower Mainland so that doesn't tell me much but it's not that hard to find the little rats. I have gone 2 Stanley Park and let the dogs go to town in a few of the little picnic fields where the bocci ball games are usually going on but obviously when they're not.

Golden Ears, Buntzen,Cultas, Manning park is too far but WOW they go nuts there any of them as long as people are far enough away.

What kind of dog do you have ?

I've never had a problem with people either because I respect their time there too.

Mark I love that pic...Barbie would be proud she always wanted them boys not Ken !