PDA

View Full Version : Its winding down

BwanaDave
11-22-2004, 10:15 PM
This fall's hunting season will soon be more great memories added to a lifetimes collection of great days spent afield, but when I look back at it I guess I should have kicked myself in the a__ and made a greater effort to get out. I did take a beautiful heavy bodied 3 point blacktail 10 minutes from home ,a couple of rabbits and saw some great scenery this year, my first back in BC since 1983. Although foxer provided me with some great bear hunting advice I didnt cut the tag this fall but hopefully will rectify that shortfall this coming spring. So now I guess its time to pull a great book by O'connor , Capstick , Ruark , or even Rosevelt or Hemingway off the shelf and console myself by reading of their adventures afield, break out the loading manuals and dust off the bench and the press. Sneak away to the range on those not so rainy Saturdays and wait for spring bear season. God Its a great life.

bone-collector
11-22-2004, 10:24 PM
umm yer missing dog season ???? rabbits and ptarmigan(if they have them down there) , theres always something to hunt in BC even if its for the remote control when its -40 outside :lol:

3kills
11-23-2004, 04:53 AM
hey rob are u going to shoot a dog this year with that 458 of urs???

jackychiles
11-27-2004, 09:37 AM
So now I guess its time to pull a great book by O'connor , Capstick , Ruark , or even Rosevelt or Hemingway off the shelf and console myself by reading of their adventures afield, break out the loading manuals and dust off the bench and the press. Sneak away to the range on those not so rainy Saturdays and wait for spring bear season. God Its a great life.

You and I are going to have a similar winter. I am reading a great set of books by Col. Corbett on the man eating tigers of Kumaon. I am going to work up a load for my 7mm mag using the 140 or 160 Accubond this winter in hopes of using it on a large black bear this spring. Probably do some trap shooting once a week as well.

Jacky

Steeleco
11-27-2004, 02:57 PM
Your making me cry, Do you know how far away April 1st is??????

Load work up time, Hornady 165 interbonds for 30.06 may the first thing they hit other than paper be BLACK:twisted::twisted:

BwanaDave
11-28-2004, 07:58 PM
I'll be busy playing with that new to me 7X57 I bought off Blacktail and working up a cast bullet load for my 45/70 bear buster in hopes of putting it to work next spring.

Kirby
11-28-2004, 08:37 PM
Running cats, yotes, rabbits, there is always hunting, however, the last couple days of deer season always make me depressed, gonna be working with the target rifle for the winter, running cats, calling yotes, and when not doing that, I'll be at University hunting something completly different.

Kirby

todbartell
11-30-2004, 09:52 PM
I will be doing a bit of coyote hunting this winter, as well as some gun projects that need to come together before spring.

willyqbc
12-01-2004, 05:26 PM
Well, the best part of the season is just starting for me, I will be bowhunting big bucks from the 4th to the 10th. After that it will be spot shooting until mid-january when the indoor 3d's start up. That will caryy me through to spring bear, and the outdoor 3D's will take me through the rest of the way until next hunting season!! Thats the great thing about bows....theres somethin going on all year!

Chris

swamper
12-03-2004, 12:48 AM
Willy and I will be out for the weekend trying to nail yet another buck with our bows. So far it's been a fantastic year. Looking forward to 3-D starting up in January. We already have our room booked for Vanderhoof. Registrations sent and that's just the beginning. Lets face it guys, for most of us hunting season never really ends, the game just changes.
Hope to get to meet more of the HBC members this year. Was lucky enough to make some new hunting friends through this site this past fall and even had the pleasure of hunting with a great guy we met here. If you get a chance to meet Amphibious do so. Lots of fun! (Even if he can't hold his liquor)

3kills
12-03-2004, 02:05 AM
swamper are u guys comin here in the spring for the 3-d...i know willy came wasnt to sure if u were here...never did get to meet up with him though..i will be around the shoot this year wont be shootin but i liked watchin last year...

willyqbc
12-03-2004, 08:16 PM
My clan will be trying to make the trip down to the Merritt shoot again this year. Will let you know if were coming or not and you can come join us for a frosty one!

Chris

3kills
12-04-2004, 05:26 AM
sounds good chris...let me know if u are stayin at the hotel again and i will see what kinda deal i can swing for ya...