PDA

View Full Version : Wildlife Allocation Policy/ Nanaimo Town Hall Meeting

Vetteman
12-27-2014, 08:10 PM
Hi All,
I've just been able to confirm the date for the Town Hall Meeting to be held in Nanaimo. It will be held in the main clubhouse at the Nanaimo F & G Club on Wednesday, January 21st 2015 at 7:00 PM. If you care about this issue then it's in your best interest to attend. The address is 1325 Nanaimo Lakes Road and I'm including a link to Google Maps for those of you who don't know where it is.
https://www.google.ca/maps/place/1325+Nanaimo+Lakes+Rd,+Nanaimo,+BC+V9X+1X8/@49.1066409,-124.000888,13z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x5488a4bf0ff3fc6f:0x6fd153e122f23 14f
A question and answer period will follow the presentation.

For those of you haven't taken the time, please write to your local MLA, Premier Clark and FLNRO Minister Steve Thomson and let them know that the proposed policy is simply not acceptable to resident BC hunters.
See you there!

Dave Parenteau
President
BCWF Vancouver Island Region Assn.
david_parenteau@telus.net

Daybreak
12-27-2014, 08:21 PM
Thanks Dave. Can you give an estimate of seating capacity of Nanaimo F & G? I have family in Cedar that will attend. Thanks again for organizing this meeting.

Vetteman
12-27-2014, 08:31 PM
We can comfortably sit about 200. We'll do our best to get everybody in.
Dave

Foxton Gundogs
01-04-2015, 10:02 AM
Hope there is standing room only

one-shot-wonder
01-04-2015, 10:12 AM
Dave thank you for spearheading this meeting, let's hope their jammed like sardines in there!

Now if only other parts of the province would do the same and host meetings..... Best of luck!

Wentrot
01-04-2015, 10:24 AM
Dave thank you for spearheading this meeting, let's hope their jammed like sardines in there!

Now if only other parts of the province would do the same and host meetings..... Best of luck!

They are and have been.....

Vetteman
01-04-2015, 08:13 PM

Dawson Creek on Tuesday night!
Dave

Vetteman
01-05-2015, 09:01 PM
It appears that Minister Thomson claims that he's not hearing enough from us about the Roosevelt Elk/Guide split. This is where we live guys so if he wants to hear more then lets give him more. Flood his office, Premier Clarks office and your local MLA's office with letters telling them that you're not happy with the Roosevelt Elk split. I know that you guys care about this or you wouldn't be posting on here. A letter takes 5 minutes to write and I know that you're all up to it. Call and email your friends and get the word out. Lets send the minister so many letters that he'll wish he'd never learned how to read.
Scott Ellis(GOABC) and Jesse Zeman (BCWF) will be on CKNW 980 tomorrow at 1 PM.

David Parenteau
President
B.C. Wildlife Federation
Vancouver Island
Region Association
250-758-5727

Foxton Gundogs
01-06-2015, 10:10 AM
It appears that Minister Thomson claims that he's not hearing enough from us about the Roosevelt Elk/Guide split. This is where we live guys so if he wants to hear more then lets give him more. Flood his office, Premier Clarks office and your local MLA's office with letters telling them that you're not happy with the Roosevelt Elk split. I know that you guys care about this or you wouldn't be posting on here. A letter takes 5 minutes to write and I know that you're all up to it. Call and email your friends and get the word out. Lets send the minister so many letters that he'll wish he'd never learned how to read.
Scott Ellis(GOABC) and Jesse Zeman (BCWF) will be on CKNW 980 tomorrow at 1 PM.

David Parenteau
President
B.C. Wildlife Federation
Vancouver Island
Region Association
250-758-5727

I have a bit of a problem with this. IMO this could be just another 'red herring' like the Region 4 sheep GOS, to get us to devide our focus from the overall goal. VI elk are part of the original(2007) allocation agreement that we are demanding be implemented why is the Minister so concerned about it separately? Possibly because its another concession(like changing the sheep GOS) he could make with the smallest impact on the GOABC? That being said My uncle was a CO on the Island in the 60/70s he was somewhat involved in the elk reestablishment project here. He used to show me pictures and talk about the elk and tell me that "one day I would be able to hunt them". Fast forward to 2015, I am now 65 years old, I have been putting in for the treasured Region 1 elk draw since its inception and still the "one day" my uncle spoke of has not arrived and those "one days" are becoming fewer ever year that passes. I as a resident have a very slim chance of this once in a lifetime hunt, and the new allotment policy ramrodded through by Minister Thomson makes my chances even slimmer. What makes it even worse is that anyone from anywhere in the world with a rifle and enough money can buy my "one day" as many times as he/she so choses. I will write Minister Thomson(and others) with these thoughts BUT I urge you all not to be deflected from our true goal which is the entire Allotment Policy by this (IMO) trick to distract and divide us from the real issue.

Foxton Gundogs
01-15-2015, 07:24 AM
Bump back up, it's getting closer to the time let's make sure we fill the hall!!!

Opinionated Ol Phart
01-15-2015, 09:44 PM
Showing up on the Courtenay Fish and Game bus.........

Foxton Gundogs
01-15-2015, 11:12 PM
Showing up on the Courtenay Fish and Game bus.........
Great, hope it's packed

Doublelung
01-18-2015, 08:33 AM
Going to miss moms birthday dinner to make this but she understands its importance to my family. Told the old man he's going, we will have to wait and see how that pans out.

Foxton Gundogs
01-18-2015, 09:06 AM
Birthday dinners are better celebrated on the weekend..................at least that's a good excuse lol.

VanIsleCam
01-20-2015, 03:40 PM
Myself, IronNoggin and another will be there so I guess there are now 195 seats and counting :)

Kilwinning
01-20-2015, 05:50 PM
Myself, my spouse and three hunting buddys will be there.

Philcott
01-21-2015, 08:29 AM
Is anyone heading up from Victoria for this meeting?

I know there'll be one in Victoria but I thought I might head up for this one too.

Vetteman
01-21-2015, 10:30 AM
Is anyone heading up from Victoria for this meeting?

I know there'll be one in Victoria but I thought I might head up for this one too.

There's a few that I know of heading up from Victoria. C'mon and join us. The more the merrier.
I just rented another 125 chairs and we're getting an audio feed wired to the lower hall so that we can deal with any overflow.

Dave

Philcott
01-21-2015, 12:33 PM
Found my ride. See you good folks later tonight.

IronNoggin
01-21-2015, 12:59 PM
Myself, IronNoggin and another will be there so I guess there are now 195 seats and counting :)

Actually Two or Three others my Friend. Not all in my truck however! :lol:
I'll be picking you early as I rather suspect the hall simply ain't going to be big enough to hold all of us who show up.
Hoping anyway...

See You There Phil! ;)

Cheers,
Nog

Vetteman
01-21-2015, 02:19 PM
Can anyone confirm the attendance of any MLA's other than Andrew Weaver, Doug Routley or Scott Fraser?
Dave

Foxton Gundogs
01-21-2015, 03:27 PM
Thought I read some[place Bill Routley was coming??? Lets impress the hell out of them and spill over into the hallway tonight!

IronNoggin
01-21-2015, 04:31 PM
Rolling. Early that is... ;-)

AJWeaver
01-22-2015, 12:24 AM
Hey Vetteman, I can confirm that Scott Fraser, Bill Routley, Nicholas Simons and I were there. Just got back

The Hermit
01-22-2015, 04:18 PM
Phillcott and I blasted out of there PDQ - good meeting. Would have liked to met IronNoggin and a few others that I've seen on here for years. Next time. Anyone coming down to the Victoria meeting next Friday?

AJWeaver - lets plan to chat after the Victoria meeting - I'd like to hear more about the "tricks up your sleeve" Cheers

fozzy
01-23-2015, 01:53 PM
Can anyone confirm the attendance of any MLA's other than Andrew Weaver, Doug Routley or Scott Fraser?
Dave
I was there and brought Bill Routley, picked him up at his office in Duncan.

AJWeaver
01-23-2015, 06:56 PM
See you there Bill.