PDA

View Full Version : Yep, it's almost that time :)

BlacktailStalker
03-24-2007, 12:37 PM
Slapped a new HMX on my new MR3 today.
Hopefully get out and post a few pics of some nice winter slabs tomorrow. Putting a new yammy 9.9 high thrust kicker and hydraulic steering lines on my buddys boat tonight, as well as upgrading the lines to the 250 Evinrude Etec. Also, a few strips of wood trim that was refinished to screw back on and other odds & ends that were done over the winter. Also a new chair in the back, throttle and steering control and a second Furuno 600w depth sounder on a custom aluminum swivel bracket. This boat is so sweet, I cant wait to slay in it !!
Hopefully the wind will co operate !

Silent Wolf
03-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Do you happen to have a picture of this beast?

BlacktailStalker
03-25-2007, 06:08 PM
I tried but my camera only takes high quality nimh batteries and I only had some crappers laying around, as my regulars werent charged. It was a gong show, wind blew up and a few more wrinkles to sort out before we go again lol, as in he mixed up the port, starboard steering lines ! The sounder lost power too. It was kinda funny but after 4 hours of the odd wrong turn it was enough. I never had a sniff but he lost one that couldnt have been over 10lbs.

Johnnybear
03-25-2007, 08:51 PM
That sound like a great boat BTS. The second steering station is a must. All that running back and forth to the helm is B.S. as everyone wants in on the action and rigging. Post some photos of the new set up. I like the second sounder set up too.