PDA

View Full Version : Where art those coyots?

Ben Fougere
11-22-2004, 01:32 PM
Anyone know where a guy could go to hunt coyotes within a 2hr drive of prince george? I'd rather find a nice farmer's field, but I'm new to this game and don't know if they'll let me on to play.

bone-collector
11-22-2004, 02:03 PM
come late january we do a bit of yote killing once the ice on the bigger lakes form over around babine lake and francious lake , if we do a get together dog hunt this winter your more than welcome to tag along and do some shooting , were about 2 hours from PG depending on how you drive :lol:

Ben Fougere
11-22-2004, 02:44 PM
sounds great, now all I have to do is get a computer and internet service to keep up to date. Count me in!

MtnBoy
11-22-2004, 06:47 PM
Ever tried an electronic call in the winter for them Yodes?? Just picked one up and man, the 'kitten in distress' (actually sounds like 'squirrel-in-a-meat-grinder') sure got some funny reactions in the Tim Hortons parking lot. (he he he)

bone-collector
11-22-2004, 07:30 PM
heard those were great calls, Anphib has a set of sceery calls that squeel hardcore as well, I have a set from a fellow member I won in a story contest last year , handmade and let me tell you I can get the neighbours dogs all howeling in about 2 seconds :lol:

if your looking for hand calls and especially ones that are a little more than plastic Grnhawg (Tom) makes some of the best I have ever seen !)

Amphibious
11-22-2004, 08:48 PM
Poor Ben doesn't know what he's getting himself into... Coyote hunting with Bonz is ....errrr....well... a 'trip' :D

bone-collector
11-22-2004, 09:21 PM
and here I was going to take you out to 1 of the bait piles were you could be warm and relaxed with that knee...walk now you hoser :lol:

3kills
11-23-2004, 04:57 AM
[QUOTE=if your looking for hand calls and especially ones that are a little more than plastic Grnhawg (Tom) makes some of the best I have ever seen !)[/QUOTE]

isnt grnhawg called tomtalker on here?

bone-collector
11-23-2004, 10:30 AM
that could be

ape
11-23-2004, 10:38 AM
Wiley go out the Greg Creek forest road. I did a ton of hunting out there this year and I have never seen so many Yote tracks or Yotes in my life. Either there are a ton of yotes or one really busy and tired yote out there. If you try from about km 20 on out I say you should have really good luck. I think this maybe the area I use this winter if I get the time. I was told by a trapper I could get approx $75 for yotes this year.Get enough and buy another toy or maybe a wall tent. Good luck maybe I will see ya out there I'm in a 2003 big red dodge 3500 so if you see me flag me down.

bone-collector
11-23-2004, 11:03 AM
I will get a copy of fur prices from the first auction if anyone is interested I can e-mail them a copy when I get it, 75 is pretty high for yootes but they did hit 55 last winter as some countries opened up there borders to fur imports again I understand

Ben Fougere
11-23-2004, 11:28 AM
I hunted greg creek a lot last year, but I never saw any coyotes. Have you tried hunting them yet in those clear cuts past 20km? I'm undecided on going back there. I really would like a farm....well....I guess I'd be knocking on some doors this week. Hey did you know that greg creek has the most hunting pressure in all of region 7a? I'm still suprised you saw some yotes down there. :shock:

TomTalker
11-23-2004, 11:16 PM
[QUOTE=if your looking for hand calls and especially ones that are a little more than plastic Grnhawg (Tom) makes some of the best I have ever seen !)

isnt grnhawg called tomtalker on here?[/QUOTE]
Yup that's me! Here's a couple pics of them there calls bones is talking about at the bottom of the post. Waiting for some snow here!
http://img9.exs.cx/img9/7282/dscf001122.jpg

bone-collector
11-24-2004, 09:05 AM
yep but there lacking my name in gold in the pic :lol:

they are sitting high above my computer desk so everytime I look up I can admire the craftsmanship in them

I fed my plastic wayne carlton varmint call to the dog :lol:

Tank
11-24-2004, 09:06 AM
those are some sweet lookin calls!

ape
11-24-2004, 12:05 PM
The most hunting pressure probably because I saw more moose this year than I have in 2 years combined at any time in the past. I lost count how many we saw this year. Saw lots of yotes and heard lots as well. There wasn't a day that we were out past 20 km that we didn't see or hear them. If I am hunting yotes this winter that is were I am going.

TomTalker
11-25-2004, 12:02 AM
Bones we may just be on to something! How'd that dog sound after ya fed him that call? There are lots of guys using dogs as decoys. What about a decoy dog thta does a rabbit distress too. Hmm :wink:

bone-collector
11-25-2004, 08:22 AM
Tom , Wayne carlton makes about the worst calls I have ever seen for moose and bears , I wouldnt doubt a dog could get a freeking cell phone ringer sound out of 1 of them as they sure as hell dont sound like yours :!:

TomTalker
11-27-2004, 07:18 AM
yep but there lacking my name in gold in the pic :lol:

they are sitting high above my computer desk so everytime I look up I can admire the craftsmanship in them

I fed my plastic wayne carlton varmint call to the dog :lol:

;-)
http://img114.exs.cx/img114/8810/bchowler.jpg

bone-collector
11-27-2004, 11:14 AM
now thats a sexy call if I do say so myself :lol:

3kills
11-27-2004, 02:27 PM
really nice for sure...

todbartell
11-30-2004, 10:08 PM
Go knock on some farmhouse doors, I find most landowners are very open to allowing predator hunters on their land, especially if they have livestock.

By the way, there's no coyotes around here in Vanderhoof http://www.ls2.com/forums/images/smilies/shrug.gif

http://www.ls2.com/forums/images/smilies/peepwallA.gif :mrgreen:

Ben Fougere
12-03-2004, 12:55 PM
Yup, I just checked with a couple of farmers this week and it sounds like some of them are more than willing to let people hunt on their land for predators. It appears that there's a lot of wolves out there this year going after sheep. Baaaa-d wolves.

Hey, I'll be checking out Vanderhoof for yotes too, maybe I'll see ya out there and show you where those dogs are and how to call them in close to the 12 guage. 8)

leftcoast
12-04-2004, 01:43 PM
Hey Tomtalker,
Do you have a list of what you have and a price list?

=keith=

TomTalker
12-08-2004, 07:39 AM
Leftcoast! I don't make calls ahead of time as a rule. I make them for the individual that way I can write on them "Hand made for". That may change in the future.
Here's a pic or two of some others from the last year!
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=3232500093

leftcoast
12-08-2004, 10:59 PM
Tom, thanks some pretty neat stuff there. I will PM you in the next few days.

=keith=

Kirby
12-10-2004, 07:35 PM
holy crap! I thought that using electronic calls was against the law however, according to the regs I can use it, sweet! Now I got a new christmas present that I want!

Kirby

todbartell
12-11-2004, 05:25 PM
I think for this winter I will still stick with the mouth blown calls, I would rather spend the $$ on something else. If it ain't broke...:grin: