PDA

View Full Version : Price of ammo going up

johnes50
03-24-2007, 12:03 AM
I was at the gunsmiths today and he said the price of ammo will be going up soon.

The US has used up a lot of their 7.62 and other ammo and China is buying up a lot of lead and brass because it's economy is booming.

He's having a heck of a time getting ammo in and his suppliers said there is a shortage of ammo right now and to expect price increases this spring of 25%, maybe more.

I've been stocking up a little, but plan on buying a bit more for my other rifles for hunting season and target practice. John

Steeleco
03-24-2007, 08:28 AM
It's not just ammo, I just did a buy in of brass and projectiles for my son's 7mm-08. The dealer tells me had I bought it before Xmas it would have been as much as 25% cheaper. Even used brass is getting more expensive.

BearSniper
03-24-2007, 08:36 AM
Ya its sure true.:mad:

The price of all commodities are going up.

More demand from the far east and other parts of the world. What can you
do ? The world wants the stuff and it drives up the price to the highest bidder.

I suppose the thing to do is stockpile a bit when prices are lower.

todbartell
03-24-2007, 08:47 AM
yep, its sad but true

component bullets are up, primers are up, certain powders went up, virgin brass went up, rimfire ammo, centerfire ammo, shotgun ammo...:sad:

alot of premium centerfire ammo is $8-10 more than it was in 2006

03-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Been looking after myself since '94 when the govt first came out with their bullshit C-68........the writting was all the wall then. Commodity prices are based on supply and demand, but price hikes and restrictions on the availability of ammo/firearms and related items were a foregone conclusion back then. Think its just coincidental that some outfits are getting firearm enthusiasts to sign for powder, when their is NO legislation in place that makes it mandatory? Give it another 10-15 years and our present situtation will look like the "good old days"