PDA

View Full Version : BC Lab Club Hunt Test

lapadat
03-23-2007, 12:58 PM
The next hunt test will be April 14/15 at Bridal Falls, BC (just outside of Chilliwack).

These events are a lot of fun for both dog and handler and are a great incentive to continue training in the off-season. Regardless of you or your dogs' experience in waterfowl hunting you will find this a very relaxed environment with a lot of friendly people.

PM for more details.

http://www.bclab.com/

Jimbo
03-23-2007, 06:50 PM
lapadat, I've been considering something like this for a while. How much time is involved in training for a hunt test or working cert. ? My 11 month old lab is a high energy guy and he definately needs an outlet.

Islandeer
03-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Hey lap,
I am running my lab bitch in our UKC March 31-April 1 at Cowichan Bay. She will be running in Finished which in CKC would be the Master division. I am planning on running her at Bridal Falls as well. She is a good one(of course!!) and we will be breeding her next Christmas(after hunting and Test season) Maybe see you then.

lapadat
03-23-2007, 10:53 PM
Jimbo,

The 1st category is called Junior Hunter and is quite easy to complete. Dog is brought to line (no collar, but a slip rope may be used). The gunner fires a round and launches a bird. Because of the slip rope your dog is NOT required to be steady on the line. The dog must retrieve the bird and return it to you and deliver to hand. Ie. Not dropping it at your feet. Many 1st timers are literally lunging to grab the bird before thier dog drops it. There are 2 land singles at less than 75 yards (i think) and 2 water singles. The dogs love it. I may be running a 7 month old who will make me a lunger I'm sure of it. :)

Islandeer, we'll have to chat at the hunt test.