PDA

View Full Version : Next Step for allocation fight

flyboy
12-18-2014, 04:22 PM
Sorry I got held up on flight home so missed meeting in PG.

I hear all the meetings were well attended.

My question is what now, I like most have wrote the letters, now what is the next step? Letter will die off within 2 weeks. Exactly what GO/Gov is waiting for so.....

Foxton Gundogs
12-18-2014, 04:27 PM
Keep writing letters one a week to all the pertainant people, also to the papers we must work on getting support from the general public, don't let the letters die off. bury the politicians and newspapers in them. Talk to non hunters every chance you get the problem out their, make them relize this is not just about hunting, fishing wilderness trecking who knows what may be next.. It will only die if we let it.

adriaticum
12-18-2014, 04:55 PM
Write to your politicians, meet with them, email them. Call the media, write to the media.

Foxton, red is bad, can't read it.

GoatGuy
12-18-2014, 05:09 PM
Tell everyone you know about this issue including non-hunting friends. I have non-hunting friends and even friends who are vegans which have written letters to politicians. They are 100% behind resident hunters on this issue. The level of support out of the community has been unbelieveable.

Get them all to write. I've even seen letters from kids go in.

Write one for your wife, kids, relatives, friends.

Have them sign it - ship it off. Email, mailed, faxed, ask for a meeting with your MLA, send a letter to your editor.

Do it next week again, the week after, and the week after. Do not let your foot of the gas pedal for a second.

BTF
12-18-2014, 05:35 PM
Hi all, I'm new to HBC. I've been hiking and hunting this province since I was old enough to shoot a sling shot. This allocation has gotten me all fired up, I just sent a letter to the Editor today.

Cheers

Stone Sheep Steve
12-18-2014, 06:16 PM
Hi all, I'm new to HBC. I've been hiking and hunting this province since I was old enough to shoot a sling shot. This allocation has gotten me all fired up, I just sent a letter to the Editor today.

Cheers

Good job, BTF! And welcome to the forum!!

SSS

boxhitch
12-19-2014, 03:16 AM
It is soon the season for the various big buck contests around the province , good places to get the message out

mikeman20
12-19-2014, 04:28 PM
A protest would be a great next step.

killman
12-19-2014, 05:07 PM
Roadblocks!!!!!!!!!

Whonnock Boy
12-19-2014, 05:13 PM
GOABC convention march 27-29 if things have not been resolved yet. K-town picket line!

Seeker
12-19-2014, 05:28 PM
OOOh Whonnock, I like this, I could only imagine Mr. Thomson would be invited. Count me in! With such an event scheduled this far in advance, I think a lot of resident hunters will have the time to make this happen. peaceful protest of course.:tongue:

FirePower
12-19-2014, 08:24 PM
A protest would be a great next step.
Excellent idea mate, it could be coordenated on the lawn of the legislature with people from all over, or we could hit Victoria as well as Thomson and Bennetts offices.

Blowback
12-19-2014, 10:57 PM
The BCWF has just released a petition on the allocation issue: http://www.bcwf.bc.ca/
Question: Is the percentages demanded in the petition (90%/10% Moose+Elk and 75%/25% Sheep, bears, goats) the original 2007 framework agreement that was never implemented?
I believe it should be 90% resident /10% commercial across all species period.
The fact that there are percentages in the petition to me is like a vote, a transparent vote by resident hunters and residents across the province. To me if that is the position, in public, to the government than there is no doubt or questioning what is being asked for, now part of the public record.
Maybe that is just what we need, a province-wide referendum on this issue, and let the residents of this province have the final decision on the allocation of their wildlife resource.

Blowback
BCWF member

Fisher-Dude
12-19-2014, 11:02 PM
The BCWF has just released a petition on the allocation issue: http://www.bcwf.bc.ca/
Question: Is the percentages demanded in the petition (90%/10% Moose+Elk and 75%/25% Sheep, bears, goats) the original 2007 framework agreement that was never implemented?
I believe it should be 90% resident /10% commercial across all species period.
The fact that there are percentages in the petition to me is like a vote, a transparent vote by resident hunters and residents across the province. To me if that is the position, in public, to the government than there is no doubt or questioning what is being asked for, now part of the public record.
Maybe that is just what we need, a province-wide referendum on this issue, and let the residents of this province have the final decision on the allocation of their wildlife resource.

Blowback
BCWF member

Those percentages (90/10, 75/25) are per a BCWF resolution voted on and passed unanimously at the AGM to be our position should the 2007 policy not be implemented as promised.

Whonnock Boy
12-20-2014, 12:24 AM
One thing we can do is support the fed on Facebook, if you're on there that is. It's not much, but it's support!!! I got us 80 likes with one share to the hunting page, and now I have just fired it on to my own personal page. Nobody is stopping you from doing the same. ;)

https://www.facebook.com/BCWildlifeFederation

Piperdown
12-20-2014, 08:12 AM
Whonnockboy i bet you have lots of friends on facebook :wink:

Blk Arrow
12-20-2014, 10:19 AM
GOABC convention march 27-29 if things have not been resolved yet. K-town picket line!

Excellent idea! In Christy Clark's and Steve Thomson's home court plus the GOABC has a pancake breakfast as an added bonus!

Fisher-Dude
12-20-2014, 10:29 AM
I'm sure CC's pancakes will be well-buttered at that convention.

mikeman20
12-20-2014, 12:31 PM
Where is the goabc convention?

As a mainlander I would prefer to not have to travel to the island, but if I must I wil. I have a few hunting friends who aren't active on the forums here that I have been keeping updated about this as well

Fisher-Dude
12-20-2014, 02:12 PM
Where is the goabc convention?

As a mainlander I would prefer to not have to travel to the island, but if I must I wil. I have a few hunting friends who aren't active on the forums here that I have been keeping updated about this as well

Kelowna.........

Blowback
01-05-2015, 01:19 PM
Those percentages (90/10, 75/25) are per a BCWF resolution voted on and passed unanimously at the AGM to be our position should the 2007 policy not be implemented as promised.

I believe we should be moving on to "next steps". The BCWF AGM resolution is the fallback position of the BCWF known to represent resident hunters. It must be known that Thomson's new allocation splits are to be legislated. Resident hunters cannot let this happen. What we as resident hunters need to do is push the percentages (90/10, 75/25) to be legislated. The 2007 policy is in effect null and void. The spirt and intent has been discarded and ignored by the Ministry by their actions and dealings with GOBC. We need to ralley all residents, hunters and non-hunters to lobby the government to have (90/10, 75/25) percentages legislated. If will take media coverage, letters, meetings, protests and rallies on the legislature to accomplish this.
This is not a hard issue to rally behind if you keep it simple and compare percentages in outher jusistictions to what is being proposed by the commercial trophy harvest industry.

Blowback
BCWF member
Resident Hunter

kayjayess
01-05-2015, 01:51 PM
I believe we should be moving on to "next steps". The BCWF AGM resolution is the fallback position of the BCWF known to represent resident hunters. It must be known that Thomson's new allocation splits are to be legislated. Resident hunters cannot let this happen. What we as resident hunters need to do is push the percentages (90/10, 75/25) to be legislated. The 2007 policy is in effect null and void. The spirt and intent has been discarded and ignored by the Ministry by their actions and dealings with GOBC. We need to ralley all residents, hunters and non-hunters to lobby the government to have (90/10, 75/25) percentages legislated. If will take media coverage, letters, meetings, protests and rallies on the legislature to accomplish this.
This is not a hard issue to rally behind if you keep it simple and compare percentages in outher jusistictions to what is being proposed by the commercial trophy harvest industry.

Blowback
BCWF member
Resident Hunter

Agreed Blowback. There is a grass roots movement in progress. Some of the action being taken has been seen on this forum. There is more in the works. If you are interested in doing more, PM me.

GoatGuy
01-05-2015, 03:10 PM
For you folks who are posting on on sites, please make sure you get people to sign these petitions:

http://www.bcwf.bc.ca/

https://www.change.org/p/christy-clark-don-t-take-away-resident-hunters-rights?lang=en-CA

kayjayess
01-05-2015, 03:12 PM
For you folks who are posting on on sites, please make sure you get people to sign these petitions:

http://www.bcwf.bc.ca/

https://www.change.org/p/christy-clark-don-t-take-away-resident-hunters-rights?lang=en-CA

Wilco Jesse. We are directing traffic here, but granted it is an extra step. Will encourage others that are posting (that are not on this site) to do the same as you instructed.

Diggle
01-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Signed both

kawdy
01-07-2015, 11:03 PM
I agree with changing the splits too 90/10 and 75/25. The 2007 agreement was more than generous to the GOABC and it's members. They should have been content with what they had. We have the momentum now, when will we get this groundswell of support again in the future. This will be in the collective conscienciousness of the public soon. I'm sure the above numbers that blowback suggested, will seem very generous indeed when compared to most North American juristictions. Let's get 90/10 and 75/25 passed into law. Peddle to the floor guys.

Elkhound
01-14-2015, 01:24 PM
all discussions can now be found here

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?113958-Allocation-threads-and-debates