PDA

View Full Version : Comox 2 Dayer Mar. 31 Apr 1

Bow Walker
03-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Reputed to be one of the best shoots on the Island. Free camping, Bow Swap, Good eats for breakky and dinner - who could ask for more.

Wish I could be there this year:frown:

Prior commitments and all that stuff.:mad:

Ah well.:cry:

Somebody take a camera and take lots of pics. I'll have to be satisfied with that.

tailgate77
03-23-2007, 05:26 PM
I have outlaws coming to town and I have to work the home show in Courtenay. I might get out there for a look Sat. afternoon. Mother in laws boyfriend is a shooter so might get around. Next year I'll shoot.

Bow Walker
03-23-2007, 06:24 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_33_15.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYJOCA) That's my vow/goal as well.

timberhunter
03-24-2007, 09:24 AM
I'm going up. It's the only shoot I attend these days, just to shoot. Family and other comitments don't allow me to get to many others. I didn't even get a chance to shoot the trail at the shoot we just ran, too many things to do inside the clubhouse :lol: .

All the clubs put on a good shoot, but comox lake is the premier I think on the island. Its a must go. For me its spending two days with the people (friends) who help me so much running our shoots, and just kicking back.

Good times

Marc S.

The Hermit
03-24-2007, 12:16 PM
I am going to try and make it to one of the days.

Eagle1
03-24-2007, 10:50 PM
A buddy and I were thinking about going up just to shoot on the Saturday, not for sure yet but am going to try and make it Sat.

oldtimer
03-25-2007, 06:56 AM
Good luck to all but we will be freezing our butts off at the Merritt shoot. Mike

Ron.C
03-26-2007, 04:27 PM
I'll be there. I'm going to head up friday night and camp for the weekend. Hopefully the weather is OK.

Onesock
03-28-2007, 06:46 AM
Looks like the weather Gods have smiled on us boys as the forecast for this weekend is sun and good weather right through. Hope everyone on the Island can make the shoot. See you on Friday night or Saturday.

Bow Walker
03-28-2007, 08:41 AM
:mad: I should stop reading this thread. I'm really ticked that I can't make it.

I couldn't do it last year either!:-(

BowSitter
03-28-2007, 06:08 PM
Gee Dan I'm really sorry to hear that you won't be there!!! (wuss):lol:

The Hermit
03-30-2007, 08:40 PM
Gee Dan I'm really sorry to hear that you won't be there!!! (wuss):lol:

Did you hear the whip cracking in the background too Ron? :twisted:

Bow Walker
03-31-2007, 07:49 AM
Lotta stuff goin on right now. Thanks for the support guys.:roll:

Eagle1
03-31-2007, 09:07 PM
WELLLL Bowwalker , me and a buddie just got back from a days shooting at Courtney. You didn't miss much, weather was real bad, only 25 targets, two rams fighting, muley buck with 4 does, caribou across the lake, buffilo out to about 50 meters,few draw prizes and very few shooters.

JUST KIDDING!!!
Good shoot and I didn't count but I think around 120 to 130 shooters, lots of draw prizes, long course, 3 hrs to go around, but some interesting shots, I shot the pits, I think Bowsitter shot better than me, but thats okay we all can't shoot good all the time,ANNNND I got to shoot the new PSE X- Force, I was fairly surprised at the little hand shock and how quiet it was with no string or limb silencers,and no stabilizer, It was 29 draw 60 pds and chronoe'd at 339 with 300 gr arrow.It was a smoother draw cycle than my Hoyt supertec and at 70% let off, was eaiser to hold and seemed quite forgiving for a 6 inch brace.Overall I thought it was a good loking,and shooting bow for a speed bow, I would even consider buying a PSE again.
To bad we missed you Dan.

Bow Walker
04-01-2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the update Bill. Dang! I would've been there if I could have.

The Hermit
04-01-2007, 06:02 PM
I went up for the Saturday and really enjoyed myself. What a GREAT facility!! Holy crap along with the cheaper rea esate, skiing, golfing, its enough to make a guy want to live up there!

Thanks to the event organizers and to all those that worked hard to put on a great shoot!

Only one suggestion for the club... put a map and some directions on your web site for us out of towners!!!

Onesock
04-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Just to clarify, we had 153 shooters, total. One of, if not the best attended shoot to date in Courtenay.

The Hermit
04-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Just to clarify, we had 153 shooters, total. One of, if not the best attended shoot to date in Courtenay.

Are you going to post up the results? What did I win? HA HA HA HA !:oops:

Bow Walker
04-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Rumour has it that Bow-Squatter did very, very well for his first ever BHO attempt. Congrats are in order for the big lunk.

Onesock
04-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Actually I don't have the results but if some are interested I can try to get them.