PDA

View Full Version : moose steak bites

270WIN
03-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Well tried something new last night and it will not be the last time. Need something a little different for dinner so I took a couple moose steaks thawed them out in the micro wave then I cut the steak into strips and I rolled the chunks into Italian season shaken bake and backed the stripes for 35 min at 350 and then I dunked the strips in some bbq sauce as I at them moose steak bites yum .

Mauser98
03-20-2007, 11:49 AM
One of my favorite ways to cook moose or elk steaks is to coat them in spicey Shake n Bake and bake 20 min/per side at 400 F.

3kills
03-20-2007, 03:27 PM
sounds good i will have to try that with some deer steaks one day....another thought on it maybe try the honey garlic shake and bake glaze stuff that might be good might have to try that....

300WM
03-20-2007, 03:32 PM
You can also cube the steaks into 1" squares and deep fry them. As soon as you take them out of the oil, sprinkle with coarse salt and fresh ground pepper. Serve with a ranch sauce for dipping. Killer

Elkhound
03-20-2007, 04:09 PM
Sounds good. The wife likes to invite friends over for a game meat fondu.

Moose, different kinds of deer, bear, grouse whatever we wre lucky enough to put in the freezer. Lots of fun.

willyqbc
03-23-2007, 08:24 AM
we tried the shake and bake strips the other night, only difference was we mixed regular shake and bake with the BBQ kind and breaded the strips with that...it was awesome!!! Plus it was super easy and quick which is always a bonus!!

Chris

Wildman
03-23-2007, 02:23 PM
You can also cube the steaks into 1" squares and deep fry them. As soon as you take them out of the oil, sprinkle with coarse salt and fresh ground pepper. Serve with a ranch sauce for dipping. Killer

mmmmm, I just bought a deep fryer. I will probably gain about 10lbs this week as I have been cooking everything with it that I can think of. I wasnt sure that Moose or any other red meat for that matter could be done in a deep fryer. I guess I know what I'm cooking for dinner tonight.

3kills
04-10-2007, 05:46 PM
i got this in the oven right now...i tried a few different takes on it but we will see how it turns out and if the kids like it or not....

Caveman
04-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Used to do this with thinly sliced steak, but now do it with burger, because there's never a shortage. Simmer with taco seasoning, make fahitas(spelling)? with cubed tomatoes, lettuce, grated cheese, sour cream and salsa, rolled into a soft shell..............mmmmmmmmmm gooooood!! Taco salad also a favorite. Moose steak marinated in almost anything, slow cooked on the BBQ to medium rare is my favorite though. For the fahitas, mix in some chicken ones done, the same but simmered in plum sauce. Doesn't get much better. Or popcorn chicken out of cubed grouse breast in shaken bake with cornmeal and Mrs. Dash

Derp
04-10-2007, 10:34 PM
i f!#cking love tacos!

3kills
04-10-2007, 11:03 PM
turned out good tonight kids liked it and said they wanna have it again...i put a bit of oil in bowl and coated the stirps in the oil a bit and then shaked it in the shake and bake to try to get a good coating that didnt work out to well next time i think i might put the shake and bake in a bowl and dredge the strips in it....