PDA

View Full Version : Taxidermy

CanAm500
03-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Ok. My dad wanted me to get a list of all the resonably priced taxideries on the island. Resonably priced and good work are a must.

So far I have on the "list"....

Lagoon Lake Taxidermy in Victoria.

Has anyone done and business at the BC Wildlife studio in Campbell River?

bigwhiteys
03-17-2007, 04:30 PM
Has anyone done and business at the BC Wildlife studio in Campbell River?

Mike Moss has done some of my mounts and also several more for people that we hunt with. Always an excellent job but a very long turn around time. Not sure what he is up to right now.

There is nothing wrong with going to Terry at Lagoon. He does great work especially on Deer/Bears/Birds and his prices are reasonable.

Last I was there he was now charging $500 for a shoulder mount... (up from $450) A rug is $160-$165/ft I think. He is a great guy to do business with.

Happy Hunting!
Carl

CanAm500
03-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Mike Moss has done some of my mounts and also several more for people that we hunt with. Always an excellent job but a very long turn around time. Not sure what he is up to right now.

There is nothing wrong with going to Terry at Lagoon. He does great work especially on Deer/Bears/Birds and his prices are reasonable.

Last I was there he was now charging $500 for a shoulder mount... (up from $450) A rug is $160-$165/ft I think. He is a great guy to do business with.

Happy Hunting!
Carl

Yeah, im thinking Ill have to drop into Lagoon taxidermy sometime before bear season. Does he have a studio you can actually go in and look at his work?

Dad wants a taxidermy on the island.

bigwhiteys
03-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Yes Terry has a studio below is house... always chalk full of good stuff to look at.. I was there a little over a month ago and he had somewheres around 60 mounts to finish (my bear and my dads whitetail are there now)

I would phone him first before you head out just to make sure he's there and not really busy.

Carl

CanAm500
03-17-2007, 06:09 PM
Yes Terry has a studio below is house... always chalk full of good stuff to look at.. I was there a little over a month ago and he had somewheres around 60 mounts to finish (my bear and my dads whitetail are there now)

I would phone him first before you head out just to make sure he's there and not really busy.

Carl

Alright. Do you know if he e-mail by any chance?

Derp
03-17-2007, 10:13 PM
this is not related to the topic, but I was just wondering, how much would it cost to stuff a grizzly bear? that would be really cool to have (just like in the museums)

Mr. Dean
03-17-2007, 11:10 PM
this is not related to the topic, but I was just wondering, how much would it cost to stuff a grizzly bear? that would be really cool to have (just like in the museums)

Derp, check out this thread.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=11030

Derp
03-17-2007, 11:47 PM
thanks dean, I will definatley get one of those! Better start saving :lol:

Mr. Dean
03-18-2007, 12:24 AM
BC.= BRING CA$H!...

I dunno what's harder. Saving the money... Or spending it once you have.

OR winning the lotto that forces you to make the decision! hahaha

Derp
03-18-2007, 01:47 AM
haha, yeah. Or in this case learn taxidermitry from a library book and try doing it yourself. Sure i might look like crap but youd save a couple of bucks:lol: