PDA

View Full Version : Leica Geovid Bino's "Opinions"

tuchodi
03-16-2007, 07:35 AM
I am looking at buying the Leica Geovid BRF 8X42 Binocular Rangefinders. Has anyone seen or used these or talked to anyone that owns a pair

Mik
07-02-2007, 11:35 AM
I have used the 10x42 BRF and loved them.Excellent weight & great optics.The furthest that I ranged was 975 yards. I still have not bought a pair-in hopes that the price would come down...it hasn't.:icon_frow
So far the best price is from Larry at Fishers Hardware Store in Vernon.
Eventually i will buy a pair.

Sitkaspruce
07-02-2007, 11:51 AM
Leica just anounced a price increase for July 01. Not sure how much but rumour is 15%. Just thought you should know.

Check out Doug at http://www.cameralandny.com/demos.html

He is a great guy to deal with and with the strength of the dollar, who knows. I would support locals as well but they are at least 25% higher in cost even after shipping and all the other crap that is added when crossing the boarder. And it is after all my money to spend as I see fit.

Triggerman
07-02-2007, 12:22 PM
I recommend buying 10 power. It's hard to see points on animals with 8x.

Flinch
07-02-2007, 12:44 PM
I bought the 10x42 from Fisher's in Vernon 1.5 years ago. Optically they are great. When I bought them I used the Swaro EL and the Geovid side by side under poor light conditions and there were words that I could read with the Leica that I (nor my wife) could not read with the Swaro. Since then I have compared them side by side with another pair of ELs and both the owner of the ELs and myself could not find any appreciable differences, other than the Swaro feels better in the hand (others I have talked with feel the opposite ie the Leicas feel better). I really like having the rangefinder right there, but on that note my pair is out for warranty work because one of the LED bars of the rangefinder display does not light up. Would I buy another pair? Without a doubt, but we will see how Leica handles themselves on this warranty work. If they are not very good, when I look for a spotter it might be something other than Leica, but right now the ball is in their court.

Stone Sheep Steve
07-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Another vote for getting them from Larry @ Fisher's in Vernon.

If I could do it all over again I'd go with the BRF's , ABSOLUTELY!!8)

SSS

GoatGuy
07-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Used 'em a couple days last spring - nice having the rangefinder built in. Warranty's the only issue I suppose.

tuchodi
07-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Thanks for all the Info I will be buying a pair before Sept Hunt. I really liked the idea of both range finder and bino's in one so thats made up my mind Thanks everyone.