PDA

View Full Version : Quandary

New Bow Hunter
10-09-2014, 02:53 PM
I have a quandary that I am hoping that someone can give me direction to resolve.

I took a gun safety course in Ontario in 1965. I still have the card that was issued from Ontario in 1965.

I have a BC Resident Hunting License dated 1983.

I have a British Columbia Resident Hunter number Card that was also issued in 1983.

I have purchased a bow and would like to get a hunting license and deer tags.

Now comes the quandary, I have read on the government website that you are only allowed one Resident Hunter number Card and you are supposed to have notified them a change of address, which I have not done.

The British Columbia Resident Hunter number Card I have was issued 1983. It has the wrong birth month and the wrong birthday, but the birth year and my name is correct.

Any suggestions where I can go to get this rectified to be able to hunt this year?

Thanks in advance for any help.

John

MichelD
10-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Shouldn't be a big deal. If you want, go to a Service BC office, prove who you are, ask that the dates be corrected and get a new card.

Otherwise use it as is.

Mine was issued in 1972 with a mispelling in my surname and I have been using it ever since with my own correction scrawled over the incorrect letter.

BernDawg
10-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Yup, just like MichelD said. Pop into a Service BC office and they should set you up. I moved out of the province in 94 and came back in 2005 and lost my Hunters number card along the way. I walked up to the counter and gave them my name and they handed me a new card within minutes.

New Bow Hunter
10-11-2014, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the feedback.
I contacted Service BC office and gave them the details.
I show up with my old Hunter Number Card and two pieces of photo ID and they give me a current card and take the old one.
Very easy.