PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the ducks

Ulsterman
11-13-2004, 11:55 PM
Hi everyone,my son and I have been down to Boundery Bay the last few days off the end of 112th,so far we have brought home two crabtrap floats and a real nice decoy,where are all the ducks? two morning hunts and one in the evening, I'm new to the duck scene and would welcome any input,Thank you

Dano
11-14-2004, 02:10 AM
I hunt up near Pitt Lake and have seen quite a few most times out this year (it's only open to shooting saturday, sunday and wednesday). Lots of birds on the fraser up past mission too (my dad was there friday).
I haven't hunted around boundry bay since the late 70's, if I remember correctly the tide and wind plays a large part in where and when to find the birds around there.
I would gladly help you out but I'm pretty booked up with people to go for the next month (but I had no one for this sunday as my buddy scored a pair of tickets for the Lions game and canceled on me).
Let me know if you are interested in coming out this way (Pitt River), I have a spot that can be walked into that I am probably not going to use much this year and I'll see if I can get you to it. You'll need hip waders at least and a few decoys.

Ulsterman
11-16-2004, 08:21 PM
Hi Dano ,sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I would really like to take a look at that with you, how do we hook up?

Dano
11-17-2004, 06:28 PM
Sent you a private message.
Dan

Lt
11-21-2004, 01:21 PM
Over the years I've had good luck in boundary bay. The key is to hunt on the high tide with as many deeks as you can. I find that the more wind the better. I don't even go if it's bright and sunny. Good luck and maybe we'll meet up down there one day.