PDA

View Full Version : Region 5 AGM

TPK
09-17-2014, 12:38 PM
The BCWF Region 5 AGM will be held in Quesnel this year.

** Note: this is the Quesnel Rod and Gun Club's physical address NOT their mailing address, do not send correspondence to this address. **

Date: Saturday, October 25th

Time: 1:00 P.M.

For more information call Tony Koett 250-991-0789 (days) or 250-992-9040 (evenings).

To get to the Quesnel Rod and Gun Club, follow the signs to West Quesnel. As you exit the bridge over the Fraser River, take the exit to the right immediately after the bridge. Stay on this road, it rounds a sharp corner, stay left then turn left at the stop sign. Stay on this road, past the Golf Course, past Rockie's General Store\Gas station, past Moose Meadows, and just past Hangman's Pit you will see the long green building on the right that is the club house with the "Quesnel Rod and Gun Club" sign on it. Just past the club house is the entrance (turn right off of the Nazko Hwy.). If you pass Tibbles Rd. or Sylvia's Café, you have gone way to far.

There has certainly been a lot going on in our Region and I would say "If you care, then be there."

Hope to see you at the meeting.

Tony

TPK
09-17-2014, 02:00 PM
Can't seem to edit the above post .. just comes up as blank .. any way I need to add that if you want to vote at the AGM to bring proof of BCWF Membership with you. If you have lost your card .. lots of time to get another before the meeting or have someone with a card vouch for you as being a member in good standing.

TPK
10-17-2014, 12:12 PM
Bump, just want to get this up to the top for viewing again.

Drillbit
10-17-2014, 06:36 PM
Hey Tony

I can't make the meeting, but...

Something should be said about the garbage dumps in Region 5 starting to switch to Pay dumps. There's enough garbage in the bush already, less people will use the dumps if they have to pay for them.

We have to keep our garbage dumps free and accessible.

TPK
10-20-2014, 07:07 AM
Hey Tony

Something should be said about the garbage dumps in Region 5 starting to switch to Pay dumps. There's enough garbage in the bush already, less people will use the dumps if they have to pay for them.

We saw a small increase in garbage being dumped on the side of the road and possibly in the bush here in Quesnel (hard to gauge what is dumped in the bush) and all that has changed here is the need to run over a scale and set hours of operation for the dump, no fees imposed (yet.... the feeling is the scale will be used to make the case to charge but that is just speculation at this point).

Which dumps have started charging?? While I agree fees will be the excuse some pigs use to dump their garbage in the bush, I (personally) do not agree that "no fees" is something we need to fight for. There is a cost to processing our garbage, makes sense to me to pass it on to those using the dump vs .. what?? a raise in taxes for everyone to cover it? One way or another the cost will be passed on to us, I feel a pay for use is fare, but again, that is just my opinion.

Any way, thanks for bringing it up Drillbit, I'll mention it at the AGM and see what response I get. I will (as always) represent what the majority rules, if more folks are against fees than for, then that's the direction we will go.

These pigs will continue to be pigs regardless of fees or not, we see it now with no fees. Any reasonable human being would not sh!t in their own back yard .. yet here we are, it goes on. I just think if there is a charge, so be it, it's not the fee that is the issue, it's the sense of entitlement that says I can dump what ever I want when ever I want, my garbage is not my problem. I don't see that changing very much fees or not.

Vetteman
10-22-2014, 11:36 AM
We saw a small increase in garbage being dumped on the side of the road and possibly in the bush here in Quesnel (hard to gauge what is dumped in the bush) and all that has changed here is the need to run over a scale and set hours of operation for the dump, no fees imposed (yet.... the feeling is the scale will be used to make the case to charge but that is just speculation at this point).

Which dumps have started charging?? While I agree fees will be the excuse some pigs use to dump their garbage in the bush, I (personally) do not agree that "no fees" is something we need to fight for. There is a cost to processing our garbage, makes sense to me to pass it on to those using the dump vs .. what?? a raise in taxes for everyone to cover it? One way or another the cost will be passed on to us, I feel a pay for use is fare, but again, that is just my opinion.

Any way, thanks for bringing it up Drillbit, I'll mention it at the AGM and see what response I get. I will (as always) represent what the majority rules, if more folks are against fees than for, then that's the direction we will go.

These pigs will continue to be pigs regardless of fees or not, we see it now with no fees. Any reasonable human being would not sh!t in their own back yard .. yet here we are, it goes on. I just think if there is a charge, so be it, it's not the fee that is the issue, it's the sense of entitlement that says I can dump what ever I want when ever I want, my garbage is not my problem. I don't see that changing very much fees or not.

Hi Tony,
The dump in Nanaimo has charged for years, the fees often being quite excessive. However we do have a number of Recycle Depots that will accept almost anything at no charge. Yard waste is accepted at a reasonable fee. That being said, our bush roads remain littered with trash. Kitchen waste, furniture, appliances, you name it.
It seems that there are those who would happily spend $30.00 in gas to dump their garbage in the bush than $10.00 at the local facilities. Go figure!
Dave
Region 1

TPK
10-22-2014, 12:55 PM
This is what I'm getting at ... the fees if/when imposed may become the excuse .. but it's not really the problem at all. As you have seen, sometimes more is spent to get the garbage into the bush (time, fuel etc.) than it would cost to use the dump .. go figure indeed, makes no sense.

bighornbob
10-22-2014, 01:53 PM
Hey Tony

Don't live in the area but kind of work in the solid waste field. I always find it curious that people argue for free landfill fees. It costs a lot of money to run a landfill or recycling depot so it should be a user pay system and not a tax problem. If a person create little garbage and recycling a lot why should he bear the cost of higher taxes for people that throw everything away.

And just to let you know, even when items are free to dispose of at a landfill (tires, metal, washers, dryers, stoves, car batteries etc) they still get dumped in the woods. Pigs that only care about themselves will still dump regardless of a fee or not.

BHB

Drillbit
10-23-2014, 12:38 AM
I meant the Rural dumps, not the city ones. Sorry for the delayed response.

150 mile (by the likely/horsefly hwy intersection) and Wildwood dumps are in the process right now. Not sure about the other rural dumps yet, eg. Puntcheshakut, Alexandria, Horsefly, Likely.

Thanks for bringing it up Tony.

GoatGuy
10-23-2014, 12:48 AM
Don't live in the area but kind of work in the solid waste field. I always find it curious that people argue for free landfill fees. It costs a lot of money to run a landfill or recycling depot so it should be a user pay system and not a tax problem. If a person create little garbage and recycling a lot why should he bear the cost of higher taxes for people that throw everything away.

And just to let you know, even when items are free to dispose of at a landfill (tires, metal, washers, dryers, stoves, car batteries etc) they still get dumped in the woods. Pigs that only care about themselves will still dump regardless of a fee or not.

BHB

Economic incentives. This one truly is a challenging problem.

GoatGuy
10-23-2014, 12:50 AM
If anyone lives in Region 5 you should show up to this meeting.

The region is almost certainly the most poorly managed in the province with more issues (tailing pond failure/FN/mining/moose/mule deer/sheep/grizzly bear/wolf and on and on and on) than any other.

TPK
10-23-2014, 08:55 AM
x100 GoatGuy, thanks for the post!

TPK
10-29-2014, 09:45 AM
We have a NEW Executive, (details posted in another thread).

At the AGM we discussed the issue of paying for use dump sites vs free to dump and the issues around each. No consensus was reached at the meeting and it was asked that folks go back to their local clubs and discuss it at the club level, obtain a consensus in your club and bring that forward. When we have a consensus from all of the BCWF Region 5 clubs, we can see what the majority wants and go from there.

Thank you to all that showed up for the meeting, while we only had 7 people present, (one was a guest) so 6 really (including myself), this was the best showing in many years .. sad but true.