PDA

View Full Version : TBBC WT Hunt and Dinner

greybark
11-10-2004, 09:38 PM
The late archery hunt north of Rock Creek offers a quality outdoor expierence . Bowhunters are allowed one WT buck and one WT doe . If one is lucky with the snow and cold weather in conjunction with the rut the action can be amazing.
The TBBC(traditional bowhunters of BC) gather at the Rendell Ck Ranch and include a pot luck dinner as part of the hunt. The MENU can be viewed at www.kics.bc.ca/tbbc .
All bowhunters are welcome to attend this dinner , Just ph Ken at 604 824 1493 as space is limited.

J_T
11-10-2004, 10:11 PM
Grey,

Looking forward to it. One of the only real bowhunting experiences one can enjoy in this province.

The turkey, Crab, Shrimp, Oyster..... dinner I enjoyed last year established the event as a true classic. Inviting the ranchers along to the event provides all of hunting with some very necessary public relations with the private land owner.

JT

Nails
11-15-2004, 03:34 PM
Hey Greybark what are the dates, it may be to late for this year but perhaps next year.

J_T
11-15-2004, 08:51 PM
Todd, the dates are basically the Late Season archery whitetail hunt for the Management unit. Some guys are up there around the 25th and many stay until the 10th.

A good many guys stay at Rendell Cr Ranch. Accomodation for $65 per cabin per night. 5, 6 or 7 guys in a cabin and the cost is pretty reasonable. Full shower facilities, stoves etc. Great spot.

We have a wind up dinner on the Saturday night. (this year the 4th) The dinner is an amazing pot luck. We invite many of the ranchers in the area, have door prizes, an auction, and prizes for the best hunting story.

It's a great time, great people, great food, great hunting.

Hope to see you there some time.
JT

greybark
11-15-2004, 09:46 PM
Hey Nails , There are 8 - 10 bowhunters coming to this event from the Island . You would be in good company . You and your cohorts would be most wlelome .

REMEMBER-- Keep Your Fingertab On --

Nails
11-15-2004, 11:14 PM
thanks guys for the offer, getting time of work for us right now is next to impossible. However next year could be a possiblity. Our group of guys have done late trips to Texada in past for the bow only. I think this trip would be something to look at for sure. Is the hunting area big enough to accomadate such a large group of bowhunters? I am not familar with this area. Hunting whitetails sounds pretty good.

barehunter
11-16-2004, 03:00 AM
Nails this does sound like fun ! I know many of the guys from here have been itching to get off the island . I wouldn't miss this 1 .

greybark
11-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Hey Nails , There is lots of area. Roughly the size Texada and WT can be found just about everywhere.

REMEMBER; --Keep Your Fingertab On --

Nails
11-16-2004, 05:23 PM
Thanks Greybark.

Blacktail
11-20-2004, 10:00 PM
Todd
We should get together
I have hunted the area a bit and know of some good areas

Nails
11-22-2004, 12:12 AM
Roy, I will send you a PM.

greybark
12-08-2004, 11:55 PM
The Rendell Ck Dinner during the TBBC rendez-vous was awesome and attended by 64 hungry , hooten and hallern Bowhunters. I know of 11 deer taken and of several misses at large bucks. Great Dinner and Event !!!!!

REMEMBER;-- Keep Your Fingertab On --

Blacktail
12-09-2004, 08:19 AM
Sounds like you guys had a great time Ken

Nails
12-09-2004, 08:52 PM
64 bowhunters in one camp. The stories would be endless, with great laughs and big white lies eh! Greybark was it hard hunting with the weather or did it co-op?

QnsCowboy
12-09-2004, 11:46 PM
Todd (Nails), that counts about 10 different places we want to go to next year....But this one sounds about the most appealing for a good WT hunt...do you think they would really let us come to their dinner though??????lol Gotta love th price of the cabin, with Puppy cooking we couldn't go wrong.....

greybark
12-10-2004, 03:52 PM
Hey Nails , Snow is the key for the success of this hunt . On rare occassions i remember the snows starting as i packed up on the last day of the season. If you are there when the snow thing is happening in conjunction with the rut (last part of the rut) then it becomes an exceptional hunt. This year we had lots of snow and most bowhunters adjusted and a good number of deer taken .

REMEMBER; -- Keep Your Fingertab On --

greybark
12-10-2004, 04:09 PM
Hey QnsCowboy , You would certainly be welcome . I would recomend that you book your RCR cabin asp covering the Dinner. We have room for 10 more bowhunters and your intentions of attending should be forwarded to me to get a space .
By the way Nails , We have a tall tales compatition after the meal with presentations being made from a treestand (donated by Hubs Sports in Abbotsford) that is hung from the centerpost is a round loghouse.
One thing is most evident during this event, Crossbow,Compound and Traditional Bowhunters are equally capable of BSing ,eating ,drinking and most importently laughing .

REMEMBER;-- Keep Your Fingertab On --

greybark
12-10-2004, 10:52 PM
For those interested , The final Rendell Ck Dinner Menu and Draw/Raffle prize list is on www.kics.bc.ca/tbbc.

REMEMBER; -- Keep Your Fingertab On --

QnsCowboy
12-12-2004, 12:42 AM
Hey Greybark...thanks very much for the heads up and welcoming...Spoke to big brother (Nails) today, and he wants to book the cabin...I am assuming he is in touch with you for that info, and if not please don't hesitate to send it along to me in a PM if you like so it doesn't go too long and become too late to do so....

Thanks again,

Craig