PDA

View Full Version : Cooler Building Supplies.

Mr. Dean
03-09-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm trying to get this up and ready for the Spring Bear season. I have the framework in place, a unit selected but still have much that needs to be done.

Right now I'm interested in getting the frame skinned and insulated. I was gonna use aluminium skins but got to thinking I like how my camper is done. The material used on it is called filon (sp).

Does anyone here know where I can find some?

srupp
03-17-2007, 11:29 AM
filon is just UGREDE fiberglass..any of the high end RV mnf will use it.

I know CITATION out of Oliver/Osooyos uses it...perhaps your local RV dealer for Citation could order some in??

Steven

Mr. Dean
03-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Is this stuff manufactured/moulded on site by the RV dealers, or is it brought in from somewhere?

Is this something that a glass-guy could duplicate?

I'm hoping to steer clear of the RV industry. My experience with them is that they demand a customer to have DEEP pockets to hold VAST amounts of $$$.

I like the durability of this composite over aluminum. Light alloy skins don't hold up very well with branches being scraped down the sides. The walls on my camper seem to deflect the branches instead of absorbing the impacts. The worse repair that I've done on it since 2000 has been to buff out a couple of scuff's.

Allen50
03-18-2007, 12:30 AM
how big of cooler are you wanting, i have a 6x6 walk in one for sale, its a take apart one, with the cooling unit with it, got it with some other stuff i bought, and its apart in my shop just sitting there, send me a e-mail if your intrested,, ahsampson@shaw.ca.