PDA

View Full Version : Malahat 3-D yay or nay?

BowSitter
03-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Heard rumors that the Malahat 3-D shoot might not be on due to a lot of trees down?
Does anyone know for sure?

bochunk2000
03-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Its on!!! We went up and cleared all of the downed trees. The trail is wide open. We should have our new targets out as well.
Steve.

BowSitter
03-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Great!! Thanks Steve, we'll be there with bells on, well maybe with hats on anyway.
Congrats to your new addition to the family!

bochunk2000
03-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Thank you and we'll see you there.
Steve.

Bow Walker
03-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Steve - are you going to be Mr. Cranky-pants and/or Mr. Baggy-eyed from lack of sleep?

Bow Walker
03-08-2007, 05:57 PM
This is for all us "bowhunters and bowhunter wannabes."

Come on out to the Malahat shoot this Sunday!

There's no better way to practice your hunting skills than by shooting a 3D "tournament."

Who gives a Big-Rat's-Ass about the final scores - shoot the course like you were actually hunting. Count your kill shots instead of the 12-ring shots.....which are often way out in left field as far as real hunting is concerned.

So come on out and start practising. Bear season is just around the corner.

The Malahat course is exceptional when it comes to mimicking actual hunting areas and terrain. As is often said....."Ain't nothin' quite like it in the States!"

The Hermit
03-08-2007, 07:13 PM
I am in town, nothing booked, and very little could get in my way of being there!! Excellent!

So, I'll need directions... what time? Anyone want to drive up together? Franko? Yeee Haw!

bochunk2000
03-09-2007, 11:32 AM
It starts @ 0930 shotgun start. To get there you follow the #1 north and turn right on Holker place. This is directly opposite to the Spectacle lake turn off. Once at the range stay on the road down the hill and take the first left to the archery range. Come early for some warm ups if you'd like.
Steve.
Dan I hope I wont be too tired. The little one seems to sleep for a long time so things aren't too bad. I just hope I can make it through a whole shoot this time...no water to break and wreck it! lol
Steve.

The Hermit
03-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Duh... for some reason I thought we were talking Duncan... I know where the Vic Fish adn Game Club is. Ohhhhh with any luck my new Weatherby will arrive today and I can head over to the rifle range after! :-)

BowSitter
03-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Can't wait to put some holes in some new animals!!
(just hope they are 10's):lol:

bochunk2000
03-10-2007, 10:18 PM
I just talked to Martin. The course is all set up and ready to go. I wasn't able to make it up there but I belive Doug from Vic bowman cama and helped set up. I will see you guys up there tomorrow. Don't forget I think its Timechange tonight...Spring ahead.
Steve.

bochunk2000
03-11-2007, 06:42 AM
Uh Oh A wee bit o' rain this mornin' I hope nobody lets this keep them home. It is the wet coast after all. See ou there...
Steve.

The Hermit
03-11-2007, 02:59 PM
That was fun!! Thanks to Bowsitter and RonC for showing me the ropes. I have learned two important lessons from today's shoot... first, I need to get contacts to wear when hunting as I am so sick of my glasses fogging up!!! Second, don't try to squeeze your arrow too close to the trees... broke an arrow and messed up my score... errrr.

I shot a 152 which I understand is okay for a first timer. What is considered really good?

BowSitter
03-11-2007, 03:52 PM
One shooter who shall remain nameless shot a 396 out of a total of 400. One eight in the morning and one in the afternoon.
Now that is good!!:)
(i could only wish it was me)

bochunk2000
03-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Well I did pretty good for me in the morning. Then the afternoon came and even my form was "soggy" to quote Nails. Martin and Doug laid out a good shoot with a few challenging shots. The new targets were nice to shoot as well. I had fun anyway it was nice to get out rain or no rain.
Steve.
Oh and it was nice to meet Hermit out for his first shoot.

puppychow
03-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Real good shooting Hermit. It was nice to see you out there shooting with us. I hope that there will be many more shoots that we attend together. 152 on your morning round was excellent. I have been shooting a few years, and on a bad round, I still shoot under 152. 396/400 is phenomenal. He who remains without name is capable of shooting 400 at local shoots without counting "x" rings as 12. I would consider him a national class shooter. Bochunk 2000 shot really well considering the soggy conditions. He has consistently shot better scores. Nails is a finger shooter which is an art in itself. More important than the score is the friendships that are made, not to mention the exchange of ideas and stories. Welcome aboard. Puppychow.

Nails
03-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Glad to meet you Hermit, ya I know what you mean about the glasses fogging up, (that is a real good excuse to use on future shoots).

Good to shoot again with you guys Bochuch and Puppy!!!:) :)