PDA

View Full Version : DIY Dog platform for a marsh

mcmullmar
08-20-2014, 04:07 PM
Hi Everyone.

Looking for a platform for my dog to sit on while hunting in a marsh. Last year the poor guy was sitting/laying in water. Any DIY suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Angus
08-20-2014, 04:24 PM
For a DIY at a location you plan to use often: get a small pallet, use 1/4" plywood to surface it. Paint it, cover with natural grasses from the marsh. Sink four shallow posts to desired height to keep out of the water. Mount pallet to posts. Basically, you're building a table.

Not feasible if you plan to move around.

Foxton Gundogs
08-20-2014, 05:11 PM
For a DIY at a location you plan to use often: get a small pallet, use 1/4" plywood to surface it. Paint it, cover with natural grasses from the marsh. Sink four shallow posts to desired height to keep out of the water. Mount pallet to posts. Basically, you're building a table.

Not feasible if you plan to move around.
The only thing I would add is indoor outdoo carpet on the platform floor, It is more comfortable and makes it easier to climb back up on but most import it eliminates muscle tears and streaches when a dog tries to launch it's self for a big entry and it's back leg slips on wet wood.

Angus
08-20-2014, 05:13 PM
The only thing I would add is indoor outdoo carpet on the platform floor, It is more comfortable and makes it easier to climb back up on but most import it eliminates muscle tears and streaches when a dog tries to launch it's self for a big entry and it's back leg slips on wet wood.

Good call.

mcmullmar
08-20-2014, 06:13 PM
HAs to be small and light enough to transport on a boat. Live in Surrey, plan to hunt in Vanderhoof

pnbrock
08-20-2014, 06:54 PM
vanderhoof is awesome goose killin!!!!

Crazy_Farmer
08-20-2014, 08:16 PM
Check out Momarsh. They make what you're looking for but you can also look and make the same sortof thing. Like folding camping cloth chair. They even come in camo. But you could make something simple like that just to get the dog out of the water.