PDA

View Full Version : whiskerbisciut

yellowlab
03-05-2007, 07:44 PM
need some tips on tuning whiskerbiscuit.when sight is set to centershot it shots way to the right.got to move it all the way to the left to get it to shoot half assed straight.no problems with a drop rest . it's a left hand mathews lx.:frown:

Dirty
03-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Have you checked your rest with an arrow on it to make sure that it is lined up correctly?

Bow Walker
03-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Have you checked your rest with an arrow on it to make sure that it is lined up correctly?
Yup........nock an arrow and take a visual. The arrow, string, and sight pins should be all in line.

Although, check this thread and apply what Eagle1 has to say to your setup and or problem. http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=10012

Hope this helps.

dave_fras
03-05-2007, 08:41 PM
get rid of the wisker ... and buy a drop or fall away!... im made the switch and ive notcied a huge change

bsa30-06
03-05-2007, 08:52 PM
[quote=dave_fras]get rid of the wisker ... and buy a drop or fall away!...

Before doing something this drastic i suggest following BowWalkers advice. Once you get it set up properly and have given it a try then you will be better informed in making a decision wether to keep it or try something different.

Bigbear
03-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Are you using helical Fletchings, ? Cause that will have a bigaffect on straightness. try Blazers there the cats whiskers.

sealevel
03-05-2007, 10:46 PM
One thing i have found with a WB is you need an arrow with a stiffer spine. I was determond to use a WB on my hunting bow . but i gave up and got another trophy taker.

The Hermit
03-05-2007, 10:49 PM
mine works great.

jessbennett
03-06-2007, 08:03 AM
also make sure you are shooting cock vane up..........with it down, it could make contact with the frame and kick arrows all over the place and wreck vanes....

Bow Walker
03-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Personally, I'm with dave_fras............I don't use them and don't generally recommend them. But - they work for a lot of shooters, so each to his/her own.:smile:

Stone Sheep Steve
03-06-2007, 09:00 AM
also make sure you are shooting cock vane up..........with it down, it could make contact with the frame and kick arrows all over the place and wreck vanes....

Found this out the hard way.

Cock feather up and no more issues with peeling off vanes.
I noticed some models of the WB have a bar with a dip in it to avoid contact with the vanes. My model has the straight bar.

SSS

jessbennett
03-06-2007, 11:34 AM
yeah the have been changing designs but i found you still get better flight with cock vane up regardless of design..... dunno seems to work better that way.......

jessbennett
03-06-2007, 11:37 AM
nothing wrong with a bisquit........ just make sure of a few things, cock vane up, no helical, good stiff vanes, centershot good etc.........

The Hermit
03-09-2007, 05:59 PM
I like that they are silent.

Stone Sheep Steve
03-10-2007, 08:43 AM
I like that they are silent.

I had an issue this past season with my arrows icing up. I drew on muley buck while he was walking through a patch of bushes and he heard me draw. He hung up behind the bushes and froze.
Not sure if a different rest would have made a difference......moleskin on a drop away may have made a difference:confused: .

Make sure you spray the whiskers with waterproof silicone spray so that they can't get wet and freeze up.
Caution-The silicone spray likes to eat the adhesive that holds the felt pads in place.

SSS

Bow Walker
03-10-2007, 09:56 AM
get rid of the wisker ... and buy a drop or fall away!... im made the switch and ive notcied a huge change
I've got to agree here. Dropaway or Containment type rests don't make noise - they hold the arrows - they don't freeze - they are easy to tune - etc., etc.

This particular one is right around the $100.00 mark ($97.98). Peter's Sports in Courtenay carries them. For me (others might not think so) it has been the rest of choice for a number of years now - both hunting and 3D.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Safari_Twister.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=4259&size=big&cat=500&ppuser=529)

jessbennett
03-11-2007, 05:57 PM
also, if you spreay the whiskers with armorall, they wont freeze up and no noise..... also makes the whiskers slick, the arrows will have less resistance on them. just try a little experiment. take an arrow, put it in your bisquit and hold it about 5 inches above where tha vanes go through the biscuit. now, drop the arrow throught the bisquit. good chance it will hang up. now spray the whiskers with armor all and doo the same thing, the arrow will just drop tthrough..... 8)

Stone Sheep Steve
03-12-2007, 07:49 AM
I saw Mr Pigeon on Canada in the Rough on the weekend using a bisquit on his moose hunt. I notice he has a straight bar model and his cock feather was down. Someone should straighten him out:wink: .

SSS

jessbennett
03-12-2007, 09:58 PM
ive also seen mr pigon, miss a cariboo by about 10 feet:frown: :mad: .... i cant believe they showed it on national television...:lol: :frown:

jessbennett
03-12-2007, 10:00 PM
with a bow....... sorry......(forgot that part).....