PDA

View Full Version : leh moose...

3kills
11-08-2004, 05:38 PM
before u all get excited let me tell ya we havent got the bugger yet..went out yesterday and the bush was pretty much fogged in but we still put in a solid effort..and of course seen nothing...got up this mornin woke up the gf a buddy of ours was takin us out first road we go up in the second cut block i spot a moose about 600 yards out...we get out and look with bino's dam its a cow..she starts to leave after a while and then the next thing u know there is dam moose every where..we found 6 cows in that one cut block not one bull...well one might have been a small bull but we couldnt make it out as it was about 700 yards and moving...so we continue one and we dont see another moose all day but we got a nice 4x4 muley at about noon stupid lil bugger was bedded donw on the side of a road about 50 yards in...i figure he is about 20 inches or a lil more wide nothing to big but a nice buck for sure...he is for sure in the rut to as he smelt bad and his neck was swelled right up...will post some pics when i get the film developed....

Steeleco
11-08-2004, 05:57 PM
I was up behind Murrey lake Saturday and was just about ran over by 2 mulies, the last one was easily a 4pointer no sure about the other, they were moving like they were being chased. They went down the draw and disappeared, picked them up on the other side going up the hill still running???? I could'nt even begin to guess how far they were. Good day was had, great to here you got one despite not getting you bull. Not a bad consollation prize. Were getting down to the short strokes. And I still want a G-Dam bear.:mad::mad:

3kills
11-08-2004, 06:00 PM
well we are heading out again next sunday when the gf gets back into town as it is actaully her bull we are after...but we will try they are there this week we seen the 6 cows last week my dad and uncle seen 6 bulls so some where we gotta finda at least one bull..and i havent got bear yet either...might have to wait till spring and blast one with my new rifle...

Steeleco
11-08-2004, 06:05 PM
NOOOOOOOO don't tell me I have to wait till May, you ever seen a grown may cry??????

3kills
11-08-2004, 06:13 PM
sucks dont it lol...i never seem dam bears when i have a tag lol...

Freshtracks
11-08-2004, 07:24 PM
Hmmm....maybe up that way (day trip) is my only resort for trying to get my son his first buck...(a long) weekend plans have been kiboshed by a scheduled Cup game for his soccer team he coaches this Saturday. :(

What's the snow level like?

Steeleco
11-08-2004, 07:29 PM
We only hit now at about 3800ft, having said that all the animals we saw were down in the valley bottom. I even tried my bear call at the cut blocks just before the entry to the park, scared the hell out of somthing, the bush was snapping and crashing for quite a long time. Sometimes I hate that thing:mad::mad:

3kills
11-08-2004, 07:38 PM
freshtracks...people are finally slaying mulies up on pike mountain (region 8)..it started slow but now its good...season closes in 2 days thought...thursday my grandpa got a nice 4x4 out of there and firday my uncle got a nice 4x4 out of there...

Freshtracks
11-08-2004, 08:08 PM
Oh ...no doubt...best snow conditions in late Oct., early Nov. and I'm tied up from getting out. :cry:

Add that it closes Wednesday. :cry::cry:

steeleco so the snow line is at the top... the Murry Lk. to Uztiluis Ck. into Boston Bar route?

Steeleco
11-08-2004, 09:34 PM
Freshtracks, I only saw little spots of snow while in behind Murray lake. I saw more snow in the tops of the hills above the Skagit. The roads in Reg 3 were ugly. Gumbo everywhere. must have rained enough to melt the first snows.

3kills
11-08-2004, 09:41 PM
steeleco...we went out saturday fair amount of snow...go out sunday even more snow to the point where walkin was a pain in the umm legs ya thats it lol...but melting fast too so it was wet..went up today hardly anything for snow...it was weird...not much rain over night if any too...

Freshtracks
11-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Pineapple express came in. :sad:

3kills
11-08-2004, 10:12 PM
yuppers...i heard them announce it on the radio the other night at work...

Steeleco
11-08-2004, 11:24 PM
We were about 12km south of Gilles lake. Every step I took I was getting taller and my boots were getting heavier. I just about needed my chains just get up the road I was on. Must have been lower alt. than you 3kills we could see snow on the peaks but not on the ground where we were. Q: does this new kill for you mean a name change:?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3kills
11-08-2004, 11:45 PM
u know i was thinkin about that but i think i still like my name...lol