PDA

View Full Version : Release Users...D-loop Yes or No?

Bow Walker
03-03-2007, 09:04 AM
This is not a poll about release brands! In fact don't even mention your brand of choice - it isn't relevant here.

Who uses a D-loop? Or do you shoot right off the string? If you use a loop, is it string or is it one of the "permanent" ones?

Tell us what you use and why you prefer it that way. You can select more than one option on the poll.

Post up and let us know what you prefer and why.

mark
03-03-2007, 09:11 AM
Release off string. Me i just dont know any better, thats the way my bow came, it shoots awesome!

willyqbc
03-03-2007, 09:31 AM
I use D-loops on all my bows, most are set up to exert slight downward pressure to get consistant arrow to rest contact.

Chris

Bow Walker
03-03-2007, 09:33 AM
I voted "release w/ string D-loop".

It saves wear and tear on the string serving and it places the release aid right behind the nock of the arrow (or as close to right behind as I can).....

I believe that this way promotes straighter nock/arrow travel at the shot - which in turn "should" be a more accurate shot. I want to take as many variables out of the equation as are possible.

I don't use any of the permanent kind of loops that are secured to the string by clamps or such as this (to me) is too bulky and it causes speed loss with its excess weight.

oldtimer
03-03-2007, 09:49 AM
On my 3D bow I use a string loops due to the short axle to axle combined with long draw length.
My hunting bow I release off the string due to a longer axle to axle length. Mike

The 'Hummer'
03-03-2007, 10:06 AM
I voted "release w/ string D-loop".

It saves wear and tear on the string serving and it places the release aid right behind the nock of the arrow (or as close to right behind as I can).....

I believe that this way promotes straighter nock/arrow travel at the shot - which in turn "should" be a more accurate shot. I want to take as many variables out of the equation as are possible.

I don't use any of the permanent kind of loops that are secured to the string by clamps or such as this (to me) is too bulky and it causes speed loss with its excess weight.
I have to agree, X2.

bsa30-06
03-03-2007, 10:17 AM
I use a string d-loop and release, thats the way my bow was set up when i bought it and thats what i got a custom to shooting.If it works don't change it.I also agree with BowWalkers comments.

sealevel
03-03-2007, 05:37 PM
I use a d loop that being said i am going to start shooting of my string on my hunting bow . I might no like it but----

Eagle1
03-03-2007, 07:09 PM
D- loop; shortens the draw, some speed loss, metal D - loop lots of weight and speed loss.
No D - loop; longer draw,more speed.
D - loop: no wear on the bow string, I find it easier and quicker to tune, no arrow pinch, as release is right behind the nock,can also use it to shorten or lenghten draw by using a shorter or longer D - loop, and best of all CHEAPER THAN A NEW BOW STRING.
No D - loop: more string/ serving wear,arrow pinch, expecially on short ATA bows, the arrow can fall off as the nock is barly on the string at full draw as the release pulls below the nock so it pulls more of the string out of the nock and a down hill { treestand } shot could mean a dry fire . I think I explained it okay for people to understand.
I use a D - loop and have for years.I can dam near tie them on with my eyes shut.

bochunk2000
03-04-2007, 12:01 AM
I use a d-loop. I used to shoot off the string and only switched wen I got my new bow as I figured that I was all new in the set up so why not make a switch for the better.
Steve.

Jagermeister
03-04-2007, 01:18 AM
I originally set up with the D-loop, but found that it decreased my effective drawlength, I also like the positive connection to the string. One less thing to go wrong and give premature ejection.

Elkhound
03-05-2007, 12:17 PM
String D-loop and release for me too

Bigbear
03-21-2007, 11:12 AM
D Loop No Question on All My Bows, Ecept Recurve Duh LOL:lol:

swamper
03-21-2007, 11:17 AM
I shoot both my target and hunting bows with a release off the string. Switched to a release a few years back from fingers when the arthritis started causing to much pain in the finger joints.

pupper
04-15-2007, 11:52 PM
I shoot a D loop so I can have a more consistant shot. I pondered shooting off the string in order to gain a half inch in drawlength but decided I would be giving up more consistancy to get a little bit of speed.

interceptor
04-16-2007, 03:21 AM
Straight off the string for me, I like the K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid), If I don't NEED it I don't want it. I also like being able to fit my release aid onto the string while keeping my eyes on the critter (comes in handy when they are watching me watching them :lol: ).

No string or D loop means one less thing to worry about when I am out hunting, I do serve my string with 3 to 4 wraps of dental floss. This protects the string and it lasts for quite a while, when it starts looking ratty I trim it off and replace it. I have seen a few string loops come undone and I also seen one of the metal clamp on loops cut the string after only a few weeks (although I think it may have been fitted incorrectly).

Cheers Noel