PDA

View Full Version : muley vid

willyqbc
03-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Ok this one will require some setting up. We spotted this guy and decided he met the 150" minimum we had set so we used a treeline to try and get closer to him. the plan was, i would get set up for a shot once in my comfortable range and Tank and Wileycoyote would try and get in closer hopefully gettin Wiley a shot at him with the understanding that if he started to move off i would take him. So i got the tripod set up and began to wait with my rifle at the ready. Well i didn't realize I had set the tripod up where the fellow with me could not reach it so the deer just clears the screen when the shot goes off!!:mad: Now, on another note this buck also was the last straw for me with the interbond bullets as I hit him twice....1st shot - low lungs (both of them) and the second shot when he was running away hit a back hip. It took several minutes to get up to where he bedded down to finish him off and as you can see in the vid he is very much alive....he had a 30 cal hole through both lungs with no colateral damage. i have contacted hornady and am sending back some bullets from the batch for testing and we will see what they say.....but regardless I'm still switching brands!!:)
Anyhow...heres the vid!

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-8062154495389046268

Chris

240gord
03-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Nice deer,glad you got him.
Gord.
________
Mercedes-Benz specifications (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz)

Elkhound
03-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Thanks for another vid Chris. PM sent

Will
03-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Great Video....thanks for planting the Muley Thoughts in March :?

:lol: ;)

Steeleco
03-04-2007, 12:24 AM
Nice going Chris, have to agree with Will :cry::cry:
Let us know what happens with those bullets, I use the same ones and so far have had good luck. I switched to these from Grand slams because of poor performance.

true north
04-04-2007, 04:51 PM
What kind of Hornady bullet were you using?

Dirty
04-04-2007, 04:58 PM
It says interbond in the post

Derp
04-04-2007, 11:38 PM
I can' wait to get my first buck this comming season!! :)

BlacktailStalker
04-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Good video and nice buck !

30-06
04-06-2007, 08:52 PM
nice lookign deer.congrates.i wanna get one like that this year..it will be my first buck

pork n beans
04-06-2007, 09:50 PM
i find the cheapo federal ammo works like a hot damn every time. Htey expand easy.

if you use a pretty solid bullet they'll go through lungs and out the other side without expanding. the deer can go a bit before lying down and bleeding to death like yours woulda done.

30-06
04-06-2007, 09:53 PM
i used my federal power shocks for my first deer worked damn good..1 shot to the lungs 75+ yards

300 wsm
04-06-2007, 09:57 PM
yea way to put the thought of an antlered buck in my mind in the beginin of april ya dill hole! no it was a respectable buck and right on bud.

Bowzone_Mikey
06-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Ok this one will require some setting up. We spotted this guy and decided he met the 150" minimum we had set so we used a treeline to try and get closer to him. the plan was, i would get set up for a shot once in my comfortable range and Tank and Wileycoyote would try and get in closer hopefully gettin Wiley a shot at him with the understanding that if he started to move off i would take him. So i got the tripod set up and began to wait with my rifle at the ready. Well i didn't realize I had set the tripod up where the fellow with me could not reach it so the deer just clears the screen when the shot goes off!!:mad: Now, on another note this buck also was the last straw for me with the interbond bullets as I hit him twice....1st shot - low lungs (both of them) and the second shot when he was running away hit a back hip. It took several minutes to get up to where he bedded down to finish him off and as you can see in the vid he is very much alive....he had a 30 cal hole through both lungs with no colateral damage. i have contacted hornady and am sending back some bullets from the batch for testing and we will see what they say.....but regardless I'm still switching brands!!:)
Anyhow...heres the vid!

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-8062154495389046268

Chris

Baby Killer :mrgreen:

Nice deer Chris

I seen the same thing with the same ammo at just over 450 yrds across a coulee at a doe ...just North west of Drumheller .. "Stan" hit her 3 times all in the boiler room and she wouldnt go down ... she finally died ...by doing the "moonwalk" off the edge and fell 300 feet to the bottom and snapping her neck