PDA

View Full Version : Percy Bicknell Decoys

donnac
06-03-2014, 12:09 AM
I have just remodelled and no longer have room for my decoys. I have quite a few I'm thinking I would like to sell, but have no idea of what they are worth and was hoping some kind soul here might be able to give me an idea. I've included a list of what I have and if anyone can help, I can take pictures of them as well. Appreciate any info you can pass on or if you know of someone who'd be interested in buying. Thanks
Donna

Percy Bicknell Decoys
Mallard Ducks
Drake - no date or number (bought at same time as hen, below)
Hen - 3/87
Snow Goose - 1987
Arctic Loon - 1986
Canada Goose - no date

also available
Ducks Unlimited - (Big Sky Carvers)
Great Blue Heron (very large) - Tom Taber
Bufflehead - #14 - Patrick Godin
Pheasant - #343 91/92 - Chris Olsen
Mallard Hen - 187/1000 - Robert Capriola
Mallard Drake - #181 - Robert Capriola
Mallard Drake - Bundy & Co. (very large, has a chip on the back from a bookend falling on it)

also have an old Brandt Goose - no name and an old (looks like a wood duck) decoy that is chip carved/no paint and with no name. I assume these were working decoys.

branthunter
06-08-2014, 10:38 AM
I,ve found that the "quoted" value of any art work is often considerably higher than what the available buyers are willing to pay for it. Bicknells can go for 6-800 -----or $150 on e-Bay--In short,----it,s only worth what you can find someone to pay for it. If you post some pics maybe you can get some bidders here.

SPEYMAN
06-08-2014, 11:05 AM
6. The seller MUST post a price, unless this is a for trade post, this is not an auction.

Crazy_Farmer
06-08-2014, 07:26 PM
He's looking for advice on price as he doesn't know the value of these decoys.

Bugger off.

SPEYMAN
06-09-2014, 10:02 AM
If they are intended for sale, should do some home work before posting. Should not be different rules. Take your attitude and stuff it.

BiG Boar
06-09-2014, 10:14 AM
This is a discussion about price. It's not in the for sale section.

Foxton Gundogs
06-09-2014, 10:36 AM
This is a discussion about price. It's not in the for sale section.

And one of MANY that have cropped up over the years. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Crazy_Farmer
06-09-2014, 10:50 AM
If they are intended for sale, should do some home work before posting. Should not be different rules. Take your attitude and stuff it.

Bit of an oxymoron statement. You suggest he do his home work on them and then put them up for sale. Does not posting on here and asking price not constitute his "homework"???

Thanks for your flawed logic.

f350ps
06-09-2014, 10:57 AM
Just another one of those "read what is written not what you think was written!" See it every day on here!! K

donnac
06-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Wow guys, didn't mean to get people upset, was only wondering if someone could help me with prices, that's all! And to those of you who were nice enough to help, I appreciate it very much. Thank you.
PS - I'm not a guy, am of the female gender LOL

180grainer
10-25-2014, 06:57 AM
Would love to see pictures of you decoys just out of curiosity. Cant help you with a price as I dont know.

swamper
10-25-2014, 07:02 AM
Nothing wrong with asking for help on pricing. Ignore the crappy attitude. Just another a$$hole stirring the pot. Please post some pictures. I might be interested in one or two if the price isn't outlandish.

charr
10-25-2014, 08:12 AM
Wow guys, didn't mean to get people upset, was only wondering if someone could help me with prices, that's all! And to those of you who were nice enough to help, I appreciate it very much. Thank you.
PS - I'm not a guy, am of the female gender LOL

Lol...
Your comment made me recall the joke of the man who biggest worry was when he died, his wife would selling his gun for the value he told her that he paid for them...

Duckman
10-26-2014, 12:35 AM
For pricing on the Capriola decoys see his website:
http://www.caprioladecoys.com/Decoys%20for%20Sale.htm

Foxton Gundogs
10-27-2014, 09:13 AM
Lol...
Your comment made me recall the joke of the man who biggest worry was when he died, his wife would selling his gun for the value he told her that he paid for them...

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are that's funny right there lol