PDA

View Full Version : Hand primer tools

Steeleco
11-05-2004, 10:13 PM
I'm looking for some help on deciding which hand primer tool to buy. The Russell's book has an RCBS tool listed for around $46, yet the Lee tool is only $19. My question is: is the RCBS worth 2 1/2 times the price? or is it just "paying for the name?" thanks for any help. Steeleco

YukonJack
11-06-2004, 05:14 AM
I've never used the RCBS copy of the Lee one. I have and use a Lee one, and have no difficulty with it at all. I guess a guy might say "how can you compare them then?"....but I've never needed to. Hope that helps? I had to die-grind the opening to give clearance for RUM brass, but that was done at the behest of the manufacturer.:grin:

bone-collector
11-06-2004, 11:41 AM
RCBS takes standard shell holders were the lee requres its own specific shell holders for the hand tool , as well the rcbs is built with alot more strength in my opinion , both do the same job well , its just having to buy a 20+ dollar set of shell holders I didnt like for the lee seeing I already have the shell holders for the rcbs press

Steeleco
11-06-2004, 09:18 PM
Thanks guys. Rob. thats why the Lee is cheaper, after you buy holders they're just about the same price. I already have holders that came with my dies. Don't need more!!

Downwindtracker2
11-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Check to see if the special shell holders are included in the Lee price.

todbartell
11-08-2004, 01:42 AM
I got a RCBS one and it works pretty good. :grin: No experience at all with Lee reloading equipment.

Steeleco
11-08-2004, 05:49 PM
The holders appear to be only $4 each, but like BC said I already have a set that came with each of my dies. I may have found a tool second hand so I'll take what i can get.:shock:

bone-collector
11-08-2004, 06:37 PM
I got a RCBS one and it works pretty good. :grin: No experience at all with Lee reloading equipment.

stay that way and you will keep your sanity..well what little you have :lol:

rrfred
11-08-2004, 09:25 PM
hey fellows been using the lee model for almost 25 years= which equals ten-000 plus rnds. got 20 plus out of the first one with only one small part replacment. bought a second one a while back to keep the shell holders matched for .473 and magnum bolt faces. my .02 cheers rrfred