PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Sheridan lake?

BIGHUNTERFISH
02-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Hi ,
I am planning a trip up to Sheridan lake this spring and I was wondering what the best trolling set up would be to catch some rainbows,I dont have downriggers on my boat but I have leadcore line on trolling reels.So what lb test should I run off the leadcore,how many feet,bait ,rod length etc.Any info would be great,and when would the best time to fish the lake be.Thanks in advance.:|

frenchbar
02-22-2007, 07:58 PM
B.H.F If your going to use the lead core line ,make sure you use a long leader,roughly 50 ft,geen colored apex 3inch long useuallyworks or try the bigger black silver flat fish.hope that helps .i usually run 10 pd test for my leaders green maxima.

Creeping Death
02-22-2007, 08:05 PM
WOW, Fishing rookies...if you need some fishing advise PM me...Im a born fisherman, I have been a fishing guide for the past 6 years. I am pretty much unreal in the fishing industry. I really can help!

srupp
02-26-2007, 10:23 PM
hmmm Sheridan will bring you a dose of reality Creeping Death....

fished it last year...one huge hit on a trolled leech and then I went closer to the shore with traditional fly gear and caught a few...

check out the Sheridan lake lodges they have LOTS of fishing info what how where when etc....this is online on their webpages...
ps check out the fish bc site they go over Sheridantactics several times a year
steven

Derek_Erickson
02-26-2007, 10:27 PM
this is ont he coast right... I'm tryinmg to remember if I been there fishin off the shore or not? like 45 away from nanaimo?

Soup
02-27-2007, 12:22 AM
This lake is not far from 100mile. It's average depth I believe is 20ft. I have only fished it twice, but hooked the trout of a lifetime only to have my knot slip :redface: ...We landed some very nice fish though...I didn't have a chance to fly fish, but this is another storey...:frown:

Derek_Erickson
02-27-2007, 12:48 AM
I seee.. seems I'm mildy ******ed this evening I suppose.

DBM
03-20-2007, 09:05 PM
Fished Sheriden once (in August).

Hit it just right, during a caddis hatch. Most exciting day of fishing in my life. (Back then I used to fish 5 days a week).

CoqTrophys
03-20-2007, 09:55 PM
The most effective way to fish sheridan in my experience(wich really is only a few times) is chronomids and scuds on the shoals/shoarline. if you choose to fish early in may you can find feeding trout in as little as 5 feet of water. However, if you choose to fish later in the year when the weather heats up your gunna want to expect fish to be feeding a lot deeper(15 feet min). if you dont fly fish try trolling the drop off edges near the bottom if possible. Trolling the drop off edges produces fish almost all year round. i cant tell you what gear to use as i dont use it. Sheridan has produced some very large fish (15lb rainbows) and has picked up a lot in the last couple of years. The most important thing to know is how deep your gear actually is and not how much line you put out. good luck, you should do well.

BIGHUNTERFISH
06-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Well I just got back from Sheridan lake,the weather was crappy but the fishing was pretty good.I caught quite a few three pounders a five pounder and my best was a 7 lber. There wasnt alot of bugs hatching but slow trolling a full sinking line with a long leader and black leech patterns and horse hair nymphs did produce.:neutral:http://www.lan-lord.net/upload/pics/20070609160615IMG_0368.JPG