PDA

View Full Version : Update!

garsher
02-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Hey guys, it's me again.

My gun just arrived from Wholesale sports and I just wanted to let you guys know.

I got a

.30-06 Browning A-bolt (recommeded to me by my uncle)
Bushnell 9 x 40mm Legend scope.

I think I'm gonna go up to the poco range sunday, so maybe i'll see you guys there.

Just look for a n00bie wearing some camo pants probably. :D

sealevel
02-21-2007, 05:52 PM
good choice garsherhttp://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

garsher
02-27-2007, 07:47 PM
Hey guys, I was at the Abbotsford fish and game club on sunday trying to set up my scope.

Unfortunatly there was nobody there.

So i was just shooting by myself with my dad.

I shot about 40 rounds of 165 grain soft point bullets and my shoulder is soo sore.

Anyway, i was just wondering does anyone go there?

BIGHUNTERFISH
02-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Congrats thats a nice gun,I dont think your doing the rifle any justice putting a Bushnell legend scope on it.I would try to upgrade to an Elite or better yet a Leupold .:|

The Dawg
02-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Good choice...I have 2 a-bolts and love them....I have to agree with BHF though...Go with a Leupold...I might be heading to the Poco range on Monday...could see you there!

Mr. Dean
02-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Hey garsher!
Excellent choice of firearm. I do agree with the others about the scope. Not a big deal though; your better served having something on there now so you can get out and SHOOT. Chances are HIGH that you'll be buying another rifle down the road and you can worry about it then.

Tip: haul your butt up to the range for opening (read: early!). It can get VERY busy up there on weekends. People stand in line waiting for some one to leave a bench.

I'll be there this Thursday.

garsher
03-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Hey garsher!
Excellent choice of firearm. I do agree with the others about the scope.

Whats wrong with the legend scope?

Steeleco
03-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Whats wrong with the legend scope?

Nothing it's just the others are better!!! I have an Synthetic stalker in .06 it's been a great gun and it's not about to be replaced anytime soon. Sounds like you should be sighted in but, if needed I can set up your scope for you. You just need to find your way to Walnut Grove!!!

Offer open to all who need it, it's sitting here doing nothing anyhow :lol::lol:

Mr. Dean
03-06-2007, 09:00 AM
garsher;
How you makin out w/ that new rifle, were you able to get to PoCo?

garsher
03-08-2007, 12:47 PM
garsher;
How you makin out w/ that new rifle, were you able to get to PoCo?

No, my dad found another range here in Abbotsford, We got a membership there. I like it there, theres hardly any people there when we go so it's good for us since we're still zoning in our scope.

-Abbotsford Fish and Game Club, thats where we go.

Mr. Dean
03-08-2007, 01:15 PM
-Abbotsford Fish and Game Club, thats where we go. Cool. I've heard of some good things from that club. You should see HBC'ers out there also. I've never been to it. What kind of ranges do they offer?

kishman
03-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Cool. I've heard of some good things from that club. You should see HBC'ers out there also. I've never been to it. What kind of ranges do they offer?

If memory serves Abby has a 200 metre rifle range.....

wsm
03-17-2007, 08:31 PM
yeh they are others are better but it seems no one can tell you why. legend is decent. and the differance is minimal. lens is a little clearer.