PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Edge

VancouverSkiBum
03-26-2014, 11:08 PM
Just recently got my membership! Just wondering when I can expect to start receiving my subscription to the magazine! Thanks! :-D

quaint bucket
03-27-2014, 08:52 AM
I think you'll get it next month or two monts from now. It's not a bad magazine. Great for reading when you're dumping that burrito you just ate the night before.

bigbuckbuster
03-27-2014, 09:40 AM
Just recently got my membership! Just wondering when I can expect to start receiving my subscription to the magazine! Thanks! :-D
Did you get it with your range membership?

VancouverSkiBum
03-27-2014, 05:13 PM
No sent in my application directly from/to them. not part of any ranges.

sheephunterab
03-28-2014, 12:43 PM
The Outdoor Edge comes out bi-monthly so I suspect the May/June issue will be your first one.

bigbuckbuster
04-07-2014, 09:45 AM
You should see it at the end of the month. We mail it on April 28th.

6 K
04-07-2014, 08:59 PM
Crappy rag, with lousy writing and repeat pictures.

I guess you can't expect much when it comes for free.

Surrey Boy
04-07-2014, 09:17 PM
It's good reading, locally relevant.

Papa Sasquatch
04-07-2014, 09:43 PM
I enjoy it. and if you want past issues I am sure you can get by asking.

VancouverSkiBum
04-07-2014, 09:55 PM
Cool, thanks guys. Will be looking for it in my mailbox come end of April. ;)

bigbuckbuster
04-08-2014, 11:58 AM
Crappy rag, with lousy writing and repeat pictures.

I guess you can't expect much when it comes for free.

I'm sorry to hear you don't enjoy the magazine, we try to keep it fresh and cover as many topics as we can.

quaint bucket
04-08-2014, 12:58 PM
I'm sure he's mad that there's no honeyholes listed in the magazines haha...

it's good reading material though. i do think the writing could improve a little more but other than that :cool:

6 K
04-08-2014, 07:05 PM
I'm sure he's mad that there's no honeyholes listed in the magazines haha...

No , I just prefer a higher quality of writing.
The reports are accurate enough though

Papa Sasquatch
04-09-2014, 05:17 AM
No , I just prefer a higher quality of writing.
The reports are accurate enough though

Well, Maybe it's the red neck in me! I like to support the local BC mag anytime before anyone else. Plenty good enough for me. It is helpful and inspiring but considering our common focus here is the great outdoors, hunting and fishing maybe you would be better suited by fine Art magazines from the many art museums contributors of Yorkville, Toronto , Ontario! Maybe they explain about that pinky finger in the air while drinking tea!
(Not really mean, just pocking a little humour at the high society members:)_

DANOSON
04-09-2014, 07:56 AM
I enjoy the magazine. It has some good stories and some not so good but what magazine doesn't. The nice thing about it is they put the fish and game clubs projects and shows in it. You always get a good feeling when you read about your local club and know that you had something to do with it. The wall of fame and the wall of shame are always a laugh as well. Keep it up.

Darksith
04-09-2014, 01:08 PM
you should join BCWF, then you get it automatically. Then grab a case of bone beer to enjoy while reading

VancouverSkiBum
04-28-2014, 04:39 PM
Got my 1st magazine today! time to read up on Busting Bull Trout! :D Also included was a flyer for steveston marine hardware?... interesting...

bccanadian
04-28-2014, 04:52 PM
I've always enjoyed the mags. Not all articles interest me but it does have a wide variety of topics.

skibum
04-29-2014, 09:57 AM
Always two or three articles that I find interesting.

Complaints about the writing? Man, there are not that many brilliant writers out there to start, let alone hunt and fish. But the articles are generally informational, not trying to be great works of fiction. I don't have any problems with the writing in the magazine.

biggyun68
04-30-2014, 11:02 AM
I received mine yesterday: It is a good magazine and covers hunting, fishing and conservation:
It also serves as a medium of keeping members informed about what areas BCWF are working on and therefore how our due are invested

bccanadian
04-30-2014, 02:25 PM
Mine came in the mail yesterday.