PDA

View Full Version : LEH Bull Moose

Bman
10-31-2004, 12:26 PM
Hi there,

Well I just stumbled across this site a week ago and I must say that it is awesome and I have enjoyed reading the great posts and stories. I have been looking for a BC hunting site for quite a while, so I was glad to find this site. Anyways i thought I would post a picture from my LEH Bull moose hunt this year NW of Prince George (where I am originally from). I took this bull right at dawn on Thanksgiving day, walking down a a logging slash trail. My brother had been doing some scouting in the area for me the weekend before and had called in a bull. He was thrashing and grunting like crazy in the bush, but never did come out. So as soon as I came up for the trip we went back to the area. Never seen anything on the first day, but was pleasantly rewarded on the second!

The antlers measured 45.5", and I think it was 11X12 points (the rack is at my parents house in Prince George). Overall a better bull then I expected for the area.

Shot with 300 WSM, 180gr. Nolser Partition, once through both lungs.

I am in the picture on the right.

http://www3.telus.net/brennanc/moose(sm).jpg

Bman

todbartell
10-31-2004, 12:57 PM
that is a nice bull, congrats and welcome to the site :cool:

bone-collector
10-31-2004, 02:03 PM
good bull congrats

3kills
10-31-2004, 03:45 PM
very nice bull...way to go...and welcome to HBC!!!

Thunderstix
10-31-2004, 04:24 PM
Awesome and welcome! I look forward to more pics in the future.

Foxer
10-31-2004, 04:40 PM
That's a nice rack bud!! Welcome to the site!

What was the range you shot at, do you know? And did you get an exit? I kinda keep track of stuff like that, for curiosity's sake :)

WiserFool
10-31-2004, 07:30 PM
Congrats on the one shot kill! That's the way it's supposed to happen. It looks from the photo that the drag out was not too bad either. Were you able to get a quad or vehicle in on the trail? That's the other important part about killing a moose, hopefull not to far to pack the meat once it's down.

BOMBER77
10-31-2004, 07:47 PM
Nice Moose!! Welcome to the site.

Nails
10-31-2004, 09:53 PM
Welcome to site Bman, a very nice bull that you were able to take with your brother.

Bman
11-01-2004, 10:22 AM
That's a nice rack bud!! Welcome to the site!

What was the range you shot at, do you know? And did you get an exit? I kinda keep track of stuff like that, for curiosity's sake :)

It was pretty close, I walked over a rise in the trail and there he was, standing broadside. I would say about 70-80 yards, and yes there was an exit wound. The bullet went cleanly through ribs on either side of him, so there wasn't much from stopping it from exiting, other than lungs and hide.

3kills
11-01-2004, 01:43 PM
i hope next week when me and my gf head out for her leh we come across a bull like that...what did he way on the hooks???

Bman
11-01-2004, 03:58 PM
i hope next week when me and my gf head out for her leh we come across a bull like that...what did he way on the hooks???

Don't know, we cut and wrapped it ourselves like we always do. All i know is it was big, took along time with three of us cutting to get it done. Ended up grinding most of the meat as this was one tough SOB with almost no body fat. He had other things on his mind then eating I guess.... looked like he got in a couple of fights too as he had some bruises on his hind quarters. I would have liked to have seen the moose that kicked his butt!