PDA

View Full Version : Victoria 3D shoot...

Bow Walker
02-15-2007, 10:47 AM
For those that couldn't/didn't make it out to the Vic Bowmen Club last Sunday - you missed a great day of shooting.......both the 3D targets and "the bull."

The 3D course was very nicely set up - congratulations to the volunteers who did the work. There were some very interesting shots on the course. Some of the shots that made you think were pretty close ones and some were "out there", although not too far.

Personally, I was glad of the 2-arrow round as I had a clean miss on one particular target in the afternoon round.:mad: 'Nuff said!

Someone - who shall remain anonymous - got one-heck-ova lucky shot during the lunch break. There was an Antelope set out at 150'ish yards away, in the field. Shooters paid for the chance to shoot 3 arrows at it on a 50/50 basis. Closest to the kill zone got 50% of the take.

Well - after a few shooters had a try, up steps this "Wannabe" and shoots one arrow. The event organizer who was keeping track of the results just about wet his pants. "Holy cow!! You just missed the 10 ring!! Holy Cow!! You're in the 8 ring for sure!!"

After that outburst the remaining shooters packed up and left. So the winnings were only $9.00 for the guy with horseshoes where they shouldn't be. To bad the organizer had to spout off about your hit, Wannabe.

On a more serious note.......and just a few vacant thoughts...

Why doesn't the club that has (arguably) the best outdoor facilities step up and build a bigger better clubhouse? One that would include a better kitchen, and a shooting area for the JOP people (20 yards)? Invest the rent money (that is paid for school facilities) into their own clubhouse?

They host world class shoots already - yet they have basically a shack for an R&R area for shooters. What's with that??:frown:

Also, why doesn't the Vic Club have their own merchandise out for sale at any of their shoots that they host?!!? Pins, shirts, hats, towels, etc. they are all listed on the website - yet they are harder than hen's teeth! They need to be where they are somewhat easy to buy.:mad:

Maybe they have too much money in the coffers and don't need to generate any additional income for the club? There are many shooters out there that like to collect pins and/or merchandise from the host clubs - myself included!:cry:

COHO
02-15-2007, 10:30 PM
This 3d shoot was my first shoot and loved every min. of it. Great group of people at the shoot. I can not wait till the next shoot and bring my son. :lol:

Coho <((--(

Franko Manini
02-16-2007, 12:15 AM
On a more serious note.......and just a few vacant thoughts...

Why doesn't the club that has (arguably) the best outdoor facilities step up and build a bigger better clubhouse? One that would include a better kitchen, and a shooting area for the JOP people (20 yards)? Invest the rent money (that is paid for school facilities) into their own clubhouse?

They host world class shoots already - yet they have basically a shack for an R&R area for shooters. What's with that??:frown:

Also, why doesn't the Vic Club have their own merchandise out for sale at any of their shoots that they host?!!? Pins, shirts, hats, towels, etc. they are all listed on the website - yet they are harder than hen's teeth! They need to be where they are somewhat easy to buy.:mad:

Maybe they have too much money in the coffers and don't need to generate any additional income for the club? There are many shooters out there that like to collect pins and/or merchandise from the host clubs - myself included!:cry:

Seriously BowWalker,

VicBowmen have always had cashflow issues. They subsidize a lot of archery for the youths and that is their priority. Their house does suck though. I was reading some of their recent newsletters, and they are still cash poor. It's too bad. I think they need to do a couple of things to enhance their cashflow:

1) stager memberships - right now they are all due at one time. If you let anyone join at anytime you do away with pro rata memberships, and you level out cashflow

2) charge a guest fee of $10 for coming to the outdoor and indoor facilitites. Right now, as I understand it, anyone can just drop in, accompanied by a member.

Bow Walker
02-16-2007, 08:38 AM
Does the term (or title) Business Manager come to mind? They - the current executive board - could do a lot with what they have in the way of facilities. Might take 2 - 3 years but archery isn't going anywhere.

Eagle1
02-18-2007, 12:13 AM
Sorry guys. Ive heard thru the grape vine that they are not allowed to build a club house and they are lucky with the one they got. Its military { goverment } land , they keep trying to turn it into a golf course but some club members are able to keep puting that off.I hear they pay alot of taxes for the land use and they have to pay for the use of the school for indoor shootig.

Nails
02-24-2007, 11:39 AM
INFO, Theres another shoot on Mar 4th at Vic Bowman.